Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (100) Previous 1 2 3100 Next
Malarkey

05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm #21
(05 Dec 2013, 5:01 pm)Rob Erm...
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader
  • Washington Street Shuttle

... prehaps

Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Laser I thought would get 6 New Citaros to free up the Solars so that the Renowns etc could be Withdrawn, Thus helping to Standardise the GNE Fleet more.

Crusader is a Suprising One for me, I think maybe if the Laser does get Brand New Buses, then the Citaros off there could go onto the Crusader, and have the Frequency Increased between Newcastle and Jarrow as that's the Busiest Section of the Route. For Example, Newcastle to South Shields Every 12 Minutes, and then have a Short 27A which would go as far as Jarrow Every 12 Minutes, So you'd then have a 27 Every 6/7 Minutes.

And Finally my Local Route the WSS, The reason I excluded it from the list is because I believe the Quaylink will receive an Upgrade in 2014 which would allow for the Quaylink Versas to be Transferred over to Washington for the M2/M3, Allowing for the Cadets to go elsewhere.
Malarkey
05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm #21

(05 Dec 2013, 5:01 pm)Rob Erm...
  • Lime
  • X66
  • Laser
  • Crusader
  • Washington Street Shuttle

... prehaps

Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Laser I thought would get 6 New Citaros to free up the Solars so that the Renowns etc could be Withdrawn, Thus helping to Standardise the GNE Fleet more.

Crusader is a Suprising One for me, I think maybe if the Laser does get Brand New Buses, then the Citaros off there could go onto the Crusader, and have the Frequency Increased between Newcastle and Jarrow as that's the Busiest Section of the Route. For Example, Newcastle to South Shields Every 12 Minutes, and then have a Short 27A which would go as far as Jarrow Every 12 Minutes, So you'd then have a 27 Every 6/7 Minutes.

And Finally my Local Route the WSS, The reason I excluded it from the list is because I believe the Quaylink will receive an Upgrade in 2014 which would allow for the Quaylink Versas to be Transferred over to Washington for the M2/M3, Allowing for the Cadets to go elsewhere.

Adrian

05 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm #22
(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

Source? Press release only mentioned 14 Versas and 12 Solo SRs.

http://www.optare.com/pr_22_08_13.htm

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm #22

(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey Lime is already confirmed for March 2014 from that Optare Press Release when we learned about the Venture and Citylink getting New Buses a few months back, I have just remembered about that and I would assume everyone else forgot about it also and I am sure Rob hinted at it a few weeks back also if my memory serves me correctly, Basically why I included it in my list of Predictions on all 3 Scenarios.

Source? Press release only mentioned 14 Versas and 12 Solo SRs.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

05 Dec 2013, 6:41 pm #23

for the lime i can't remember that press release?

I really think the Laser might get B9's but its possible, like u said.. it will just get 6 citaros's to replace the Scania's..

Crusader is the same, i was surprised, wonder if these might B9's

Streetshuttle - Solo SR or Versa, that's what i'll go for..

X66 - no idea but will probable's be bendy's.
Edited 05 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Dec 2013, 6:41 pm #23

for the lime i can't remember that press release?

I really think the Laser might get B9's but its possible, like u said.. it will just get 6 citaros's to replace the Scania's..

Crusader is the same, i was surprised, wonder if these might B9's

Streetshuttle - Solo SR or Versa, that's what i'll go for..

X66 - no idea but will probable's be bendy's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

05 Dec 2013, 6:48 pm #24
(05 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm)citaro5284 I think your memory is not serving you correct Big Grin

Yeah it appears I may of been wrong, I still think the Lime will get Versas though as it says in the Press Release Below the following.

"A key factor in Go North East’s decision to order the 11.7 metre Versa was its successful operation during an extended trial of the model over a ten week period earlier this year. The test vehicle was put through its paces on some of the most demanding and intensive city centre services, with high passenger loadings and numerous hills. What particularly impressed them was the exceptional fuel efficiency achieved in these extremely testing conditions."

Malarkey
05 Dec 2013, 6:48 pm #24

(05 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm)citaro5284 I think your memory is not serving you correct Big Grin

Yeah it appears I may of been wrong, I still think the Lime will get Versas though as it says in the Press Release Below the following.

"A key factor in Go North East’s decision to order the 11.7 metre Versa was its successful operation during an extended trial of the model over a ten week period earlier this year. The test vehicle was put through its paces on some of the most demanding and intensive city centre services, with high passenger loadings and numerous hills. What particularly impressed them was the exceptional fuel efficiency achieved in these extremely testing conditions."

Rob

05 Dec 2013, 6:49 pm #25
(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Standard single decked vehicles with an increase in frequency maybe? It would provide the same capacity across the route per hour as the articulated Citaro do.
Rob
05 Dec 2013, 6:49 pm #25

(05 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Adam Malarkey As for the others, The X66 in all honesty I haven't a clue on what could be used on their due to that Low Bridge Metro Bridge as it comes off the Centrelink heading into Gateshead.

Standard single decked vehicles with an increase in frequency maybe? It would provide the same capacity across the route per hour as the articulated Citaro do.

Malarkey

05 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm #26
(05 Dec 2013, 6:49 pm)Rob Standard single decked vehicles with an increase in frequency maybe? It would provide the same capacity across the route per hour as the articulated Citaro do.

That's a good point, Thinking about it now perhaps some form of Hybrid could be an Option
Malarkey
05 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm #26

(05 Dec 2013, 6:49 pm)Rob Standard single decked vehicles with an increase in frequency maybe? It would provide the same capacity across the route per hour as the articulated Citaro do.

That's a good point, Thinking about it now perhaps some form of Hybrid could be an Option

Michael

05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm #27
(05 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm)Adam Malarkey That's a good point, Thinking about it now perhaps some form of Hybrid could be an Option

Hybrids might be a good option, which style would u go for, Versa or would u go for the Gas buses like the ones Stagecoach in Sunderland are getting?

What was that bus which was on trail on the X66 and M1 ages ago?, I had a few rides and it was a really good ride, they were long to.
Edited 05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm #27

(05 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm)Adam Malarkey That's a good point, Thinking about it now perhaps some form of Hybrid could be an Option

Hybrids might be a good option, which style would u go for, Versa or would u go for the Gas buses like the ones Stagecoach in Sunderland are getting?

What was that bus which was on trail on the X66 and M1 ages ago?, I had a few rides and it was a really good ride, they were long to.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

05 Dec 2013, 7:12 pm #28
Can't see Laser getting B9's, certainly not if we're saying the 20 won't get them. The 20 is a lot busier than the 35.
CatsFast101
05 Dec 2013, 7:12 pm #28

Can't see Laser getting B9's, certainly not if we're saying the 20 won't get them. The 20 is a lot busier than the 35.

Malarkey

05 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm #29
(05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm)Michael Hybrids might be a good option, which style would u go for, Versa or would u go for the Gas buses like the ones Stagecoach in Sunderland are getting?

Neither I would go with the Volvo 7900, And the Bus which was the M1 a few years back was a Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle
Malarkey
05 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm #29

(05 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm)Michael Hybrids might be a good option, which style would u go for, Versa or would u go for the Gas buses like the ones Stagecoach in Sunderland are getting?

Neither I would go with the Volvo 7900, And the Bus which was the M1 a few years back was a Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle

Michael

05 Dec 2013, 7:22 pm #30
(05 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm)Adam Malarkey Neither I would go with the Volvo 7900, And the Bus which was the M1 a few years back was a Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle

I forgot about the Volvo 7900, that might be a good choice.

Ah yes it was, the Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle was a good bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Dec 2013, 7:22 pm #30

(05 Dec 2013, 7:15 pm)Adam Malarkey Neither I would go with the Volvo 7900, And the Bus which was the M1 a few years back was a Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle

I forgot about the Volvo 7900, that might be a good choice.

Ah yes it was, the Scania Omnicity Tri-Axle was a good bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

05 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm #31
I think the next lot of disposals when new buses are ordered will be the Renowns , The Lime might get new buses or cascades off other routes if other routes get new buses.

The Red Kites havnt seen any newer upgrades yet.

Would like to see some of the red northern cadets go to Peterlee, but that will never happen.

Would like to see solars going onto the X7, as the X7 renowns have been hit very hard of breakdowns, hate it when standing there with a GNE ticket to get from Sunderland to Peterlee and theres a no show due to breakdown and no replacement bus, and having then sit on the X35 for an hour to Peterlee via the world.

Cant see the 35 getting any new buses for awhile except of replacing the solars on there with the citarios

cbma06
05 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm #31

I think the next lot of disposals when new buses are ordered will be the Renowns , The Lime might get new buses or cascades off other routes if other routes get new buses.

Would like to see some of the red northern cadets go to Peterlee, but that will never happen.

Would like to see solars going onto the X7, as the X7 renowns have been hit very hard of breakdowns, hate it when standing there with a GNE ticket to get from Sunderland to Peterlee and theres a no show due to breakdown and no replacement bus, and having then sit on the X35 for an hour to Peterlee via the world.

Cant see the 35 getting any new buses for awhile except of replacing the solars on there with the citarios

Rob

05 Dec 2013, 7:43 pm #32
(05 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm)cbma06 I think the next lot of disposals when new buses are ordered will be the Renowns , The Lime might get new buses or cascades off other routes if other routes get new buses.

Correct. The B10s are being moved inline for withdrawl.
Rob
05 Dec 2013, 7:43 pm #32

(05 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm)cbma06 I think the next lot of disposals when new buses are ordered will be the Renowns , The Lime might get new buses or cascades off other routes if other routes get new buses.

Correct. The B10s are being moved inline for withdrawl.

tyresmoke

05 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm #33
I'd be very surprised if the X66 see's new stock what with the current Citaro bendies getting refurbished and rebranded.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
05 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm #33

I'd be very surprised if the X66 see's new stock what with the current Citaro bendies getting refurbished and rebranded.

Rob

05 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm #34
(05 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm)tyresmoke I'd be very surprised if the X66 see's new stock what with the current Citaro bendies getting refurbished and rebranded.

Refurbished?
Rob
05 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm #34

(05 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm)tyresmoke I'd be very surprised if the X66 see's new stock what with the current Citaro bendies getting refurbished and rebranded.

Refurbished?

tyresmoke

05 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm #35
(05 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm)Rob Refurbished?

Been at Thornton's haven't they? Probably more like a thorough clean though... they were refurbished when they arrived obviously! They did need a good clean inside mind!

tyresmoke
05 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm #35

(05 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm)Rob Refurbished?

Been at Thornton's haven't they? Probably more like a thorough clean though... they were refurbished when they arrived obviously! They did need a good clean inside mind!

Rob

05 Dec 2013, 8:16 pm #36
(05 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm)tyresmoke Been at Thornton's haven't they? Probably more like a thorough clean though... they were refurbished when they arrived obviously! They did need a good clean inside mind!

A cleanup and some new vinyls to freshen the brand, doesn't seem excessive to me.
Rob
05 Dec 2013, 8:16 pm #36

(05 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm)tyresmoke Been at Thornton's haven't they? Probably more like a thorough clean though... they were refurbished when they arrived obviously! They did need a good clean inside mind!

A cleanup and some new vinyls to freshen the brand, doesn't seem excessive to me.

05 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm #37

The X66 wouldnt be the same without artics, but if they were to get new buses would the Citaros replace the Solar Fusions on the X40?
northtynelinks2
05 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm #37

The X66 wouldnt be the same without artics, but if they were to get new buses would the Citaros replace the Solar Fusions on the X40?

Rob

05 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm #38
(05 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm)northtynelinks2 The X66 wouldnt be the same without artics, but if they were to get new buses would the Citaros replace the Solar Fusions on the X40?

Unlikely
Rob
05 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm #38

(05 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm)northtynelinks2 The X66 wouldnt be the same without artics, but if they were to get new buses would the Citaros replace the Solar Fusions on the X40?

Unlikely

busmanT

05 Dec 2013, 8:40 pm #39
(05 Dec 2013, 7:43 pm)Rob Correct. The B10s are being moved inline for withdrawl.

I can see the first Cadets going as well as the early B10BLE.

I would have Lime, Toonlink, X66 and Fab57 at the top of my list - Quaylink won't get new buses until the contract is renewed (2015?) and routes like the 17 won't ever be busy enough for new buses.
busmanT
05 Dec 2013, 8:40 pm #39

(05 Dec 2013, 7:43 pm)Rob Correct. The B10s are being moved inline for withdrawl.

I can see the first Cadets going as well as the early B10BLE.

I would have Lime, Toonlink, X66 and Fab57 at the top of my list - Quaylink won't get new buses until the contract is renewed (2015?) and routes like the 17 won't ever be busy enough for new buses.

Adam

06 Dec 2013, 12:11 am #40
To pick up on what Rob was saying regarding the X66, I'd be inclined to say the replacement for the bendies would come in the form of 11.7m Versas.

The current bendies have a seating capacity of 53, and run on a 7/8 min frequency, meaning there are 424 seats each hour between Gateshead & the Metrocentre. The 11.7m Versas have 43 seats, so if that is upgraded to run on a 6 minute frequency, then 430 seats will be provided each hour between the two places.

Also, I noticed the other week Rob did request for a paper bus drawing of a X66 Versa Tongue
Adam
06 Dec 2013, 12:11 am #40

To pick up on what Rob was saying regarding the X66, I'd be inclined to say the replacement for the bendies would come in the form of 11.7m Versas.

The current bendies have a seating capacity of 53, and run on a 7/8 min frequency, meaning there are 424 seats each hour between Gateshead & the Metrocentre. The 11.7m Versas have 43 seats, so if that is upgraded to run on a 6 minute frequency, then 430 seats will be provided each hour between the two places.

Also, I noticed the other week Rob did request for a paper bus drawing of a X66 Versa Tongue

Pages (100) Previous 1 2 3100 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average