Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Suggestions

Suggestions

Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (11) Previous 16 7 811 Next
Adrian

25 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm #121
(25 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm)Michael A suggestion for the fleet lists...

Maybe add a tab for which Euro engine each bus has?

So something like this:

Fleet No.  Reg Chassis  Bodywork   Depot   Livery Euro Engine  Yr New   Filter

I like this idea. I think there was a concern in the past, that the more columns you have, the more obscure it looks on the end-user's screen. Euro rating fields are always going to be minimal characters though, so it'd fit quite well.

One thing I'd suggested previously, which I still think is a good idea, would be to have little icons (or badges) below the "Year New:" field, on the fleet item page. Icons could be for Wi-Fi and Power Sockets, activated by a check box on the editor page that is used to update the lists.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm #121

(25 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm)Michael A suggestion for the fleet lists...

Maybe add a tab for which Euro engine each bus has?

So something like this:

Fleet No.  Reg Chassis  Bodywork   Depot   Livery Euro Engine  Yr New   Filter

I like this idea. I think there was a concern in the past, that the more columns you have, the more obscure it looks on the end-user's screen. Euro rating fields are always going to be minimal characters though, so it'd fit quite well.

One thing I'd suggested previously, which I still think is a good idea, would be to have little icons (or badges) below the "Year New:" field, on the fleet item page. Icons could be for Wi-Fi and Power Sockets, activated by a check box on the editor page that is used to update the lists.

28 Sep 2014, 10:08 pm #122
I was thinking, it would be a nice addition if there was a 'Train Related Outings & Reviews' thread. It's just I know a lot of forum member use the train as well as buses, and it could possibly be merged with one of the 'Trains' or 'Railways in General' threads?
R852 PRG
28 Sep 2014, 10:08 pm #122

I was thinking, it would be a nice addition if there was a 'Train Related Outings & Reviews' thread. It's just I know a lot of forum member use the train as well as buses, and it could possibly be merged with one of the 'Trains' or 'Railways in General' threads?

Tommy1581

15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm #123
I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?
Tommy1581
15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm #123

I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?

Adrian

15 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm #124
(15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)Tommy1581 I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?

You could use Excel for this purpose? I just use two sheets, lookup references, and conditional formatting.

The fleet list doesn't require authentication to view, nor does it recognise who you are when you browse to it. I'd assume that implementing this feature would require a massive rewrite.

Adrian
15 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm #124

(15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)Tommy1581 I have trouble keeping track of what I've photographed and what I haven't. So this suggestion is for members to be able to 'tick-box' a bus on the fleet list that they've taken a photo of?

You could use Excel for this purpose? I just use two sheets, lookup references, and conditional formatting.

The fleet list doesn't require authentication to view, nor does it recognise who you are when you browse to it. I'd assume that implementing this feature would require a massive rewrite.

Adrian

15 Jan 2015, 9:49 pm #125

Adrian
15 Jan 2015, 9:49 pm #125

S813 FVK

13 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm #126
Is there currently a way in which users can view which posts that they have liked other than searching through each individual thread? If there isn't such thing available through the forum provider, i think there should be.
S813 FVK
13 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm #126

Is there currently a way in which users can view which posts that they have liked other than searching through each individual thread? If there isn't such thing available through the forum provider, i think there should be.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm #127
(13 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm)S813 FVK Is there currently a way in which users can view which posts that they have liked other than searching through each individual thread? If there isn't such thing available through the forum provider, i think there should be.

I tried about five different plugins in total, and I don't think the one we use has the function you'd like... Another one certainly did, but there was a problem with that one somewhere along the line...

It was on your profile on that plugin - you'd see your "like statistics". Number received, number given, and that would be be drilled down to show links to the posts.

Will double check settings tomorrow morning/night to make sure we definitely can't have it.
Dan
13 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm #127

(13 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm)S813 FVK Is there currently a way in which users can view which posts that they have liked other than searching through each individual thread? If there isn't such thing available through the forum provider, i think there should be.

I tried about five different plugins in total, and I don't think the one we use has the function you'd like... Another one certainly did, but there was a problem with that one somewhere along the line...

It was on your profile on that plugin - you'd see your "like statistics". Number received, number given, and that would be be drilled down to show links to the posts.

Will double check settings tomorrow morning/night to make sure we definitely can't have it.

10 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm #128
Whoevers took the likes away, please, bring them back!
Jackamcardle
10 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm #128

Whoevers took the likes away, please, bring them back!

Andreos1

16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm #129
Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm #129

Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm #130
(16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

If a like feature is abused on this forum, there's no chance of a dislike feature being implemented!
Dan
16 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm #130

(16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 Maybe worth implementing the 'dislike' button that FB are rolling out?

If a like feature is abused on this forum, there's no chance of a dislike feature being implemented!

Michael

16 Sep 2015, 4:46 pm #131
(16 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm)Dan If a like feature is abused on this forum, there's no chance of a dislike feature being implemented!

Haha that's a defo!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2015, 4:46 pm #131

(16 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm)Dan If a like feature is abused on this forum, there's no chance of a dislike feature being implemented!

Haha that's a defo!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

16 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm #132

I always think that a dislike button is a lot worse.

With a like button, although I was in favour at first, it's been completely misused. I personally feel that it discourages people from debate, which is a bad thing in my opinion. A dislike button would result in people disliking people's posts for often personal reasons, and it then subsequently results in people questioning why someone has disliked their post....

Adrian
16 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm #132

I always think that a dislike button is a lot worse.

With a like button, although I was in favour at first, it's been completely misused. I personally feel that it discourages people from debate, which is a bad thing in my opinion. A dislike button would result in people disliking people's posts for often personal reasons, and it then subsequently results in people questioning why someone has disliked their post....

Michael

16 Oct 2015, 1:24 pm #133
Can i ask, can we get rid of some of the threads which hasn't been used in ages?

Threads are lingering which no one has post in for months... will save space on the forum.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Oct 2015, 1:24 pm #133

Can i ask, can we get rid of some of the threads which hasn't been used in ages?

Threads are lingering which no one has post in for months... will save space on the forum.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

16 Oct 2015, 1:40 pm #134
(16 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm)Adrian I always think that a dislike button is a lot worse.

Ravelry has a disagree button (they have something like Interesting, Funny, Educational, Agree Diagree). There's a few people who have made enemies who have someone systematically stalking them, clicking Funny and Disagree to every single post they make.

It definitely doesn't work.
BusLoverMum
16 Oct 2015, 1:40 pm #134

(16 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm)Adrian I always think that a dislike button is a lot worse.

Ravelry has a disagree button (they have something like Interesting, Funny, Educational, Agree Diagree). There's a few people who have made enemies who have someone systematically stalking them, clicking Funny and Disagree to every single post they make.

It definitely doesn't work.

19 Nov 2015, 9:20 pm #135
Will we get moods back, just wondering?
NK53 TKT
19 Nov 2015, 9:20 pm #135

Will we get moods back, just wondering?

Charles41

20 Nov 2015, 10:25 am #136
I think we should have the like button back.

Whilst I understand it to an extent discourages debate, I feel that it is useful. To give an example if I am on my lunch break reading the forum then I often do not have time to post a full reply to a post.

I feel the like button is a good way of expressing support and satisfaction.

Any thoughts?

Charles
Charles41
20 Nov 2015, 10:25 am #136

I think we should have the like button back.

Whilst I understand it to an extent discourages debate, I feel that it is useful. To give an example if I am on my lunch break reading the forum then I often do not have time to post a full reply to a post.

Any thoughts?

Charles

20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm #137
I agree with Charles.
Greg in Weardale
20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm #137

I agree with Charles.

citaro5284

20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm #138
(20 Nov 2015, 10:25 am)Charles41 I think we should have the like button back.

Any thoughts?

Charles

(20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm)Greg in Weardale I agree with Charles.

Totally agree
citaro5284
20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm #138

Any thoughts?

Charles

(20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm)Greg in Weardale I agree with Charles.

Totally agree

DanPicken

Banned

20 Nov 2015, 7:46 pm #139
(20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm)citaro5284 Totally agree

As do I Charles made a very good point.
DanPicken
20 Nov 2015, 7:46 pm #139

(20 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm)citaro5284 Totally agree

As do I Charles made a very good point.

20 Nov 2015, 9:02 pm #140

Any thoughts?

Charles
I agree
NK53 TKT
20 Nov 2015, 9:02 pm #140

Any thoughts?

Charles
I agree

Pages (11) Previous 16 7 811 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average