Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Suggestions

Suggestions

Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (11) Previous 15 6 711 Next
Andreos1

11 May 2014, 5:45 pm #101
(11 May 2014, 5:38 pm)AdamY Why keep it bus related?

The discussions which take place in the Trains, Planes and Water sub-forums are not always bus related. To keep it strictly bus related would severely restrict discussion (in my view at least) and is largely covered by threads in the 'Bus Management and Infrastructure' part of the forum.

I would love to see the Cliffmeister giving regular traffic and travel updates right here on the forum. The additional web-traffic it would generate for the site would be unreal. Perhaps if we all chipped in enough money we could get him his own private helicopter!

Of course, it doesn't have to be all bus related.
However, there are members on the forum who only contribute in certain threads and possibly miss out on other aspects of the forum - due to it lacking a bus related theme.

However, if there were elements of buses in the proposed 'road and infrastructure' thread, I can't see it doing any harm and could help it grow and would add to the other things we have suggested could be a part of it.

I wonder if Liam is able to sort out a live webcam feed from Casa del Clifford for the bulletins?
Edited 11 May 2014, 5:46 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 May 2014, 5:45 pm #101

(11 May 2014, 5:38 pm)AdamY Why keep it bus related?

The discussions which take place in the Trains, Planes and Water sub-forums are not always bus related. To keep it strictly bus related would severely restrict discussion (in my view at least) and is largely covered by threads in the 'Bus Management and Infrastructure' part of the forum.

I would love to see the Cliffmeister giving regular traffic and travel updates right here on the forum. The additional web-traffic it would generate for the site would be unreal. Perhaps if we all chipped in enough money we could get him his own private helicopter!

Of course, it doesn't have to be all bus related.
However, there are members on the forum who only contribute in certain threads and possibly miss out on other aspects of the forum - due to it lacking a bus related theme.

However, if there were elements of buses in the proposed 'road and infrastructure' thread, I can't see it doing any harm and could help it grow and would add to the other things we have suggested could be a part of it.

I wonder if Liam is able to sort out a live webcam feed from Casa del Clifford for the bulletins?

MurdnunoC

11 May 2014, 6:00 pm #102
(11 May 2014, 5:45 pm)Andreos Constantopolous I wonder if Liam is able to sort out a live webcam feed from Casa del Clifford for the bulletins?

I can imagine it now.

"There has been an accident at Billy Mill Roundabout and Srrivva services 306 and 308 are affected as a result

That's your traffic and travel news for this evening."
MurdnunoC
11 May 2014, 6:00 pm #102

(11 May 2014, 5:45 pm)Andreos Constantopolous I wonder if Liam is able to sort out a live webcam feed from Casa del Clifford for the bulletins?

I can imagine it now.

"There has been an accident at Billy Mill Roundabout and Srrivva services 306 and 308 are affected as a result

That's your traffic and travel news for this evening."

Jimmi

19 May 2014, 10:11 am #103
Can the SB Travel thread be renamed to include JSB Travel, as I imagine having two separate threads could be confusing.
Jimmi
19 May 2014, 10:11 am #103

Can the SB Travel thread be renamed to include JSB Travel, as I imagine having two separate threads could be confusing.

Andreos1

05 Jun 2014, 8:02 pm #104
(09 Sep 2013, 9:09 pm)aureolin Just a bit of fun, but what would be the possibility of NEB running an annual awards with categories? Could be something as simple as taking nominations for the whole of November, with a two week voting period in December? Winners being announced on Christmas Eve or something like that.

#NEBGold post of the month!

(05 Jun 2014, 7:48 pm)DaveyBowyer It's the gearing. I'll give you an example:

B9TL: Vrom, Vroom, Vroom Vroooommmmmmm and again until 30-40mph. Gearing ratio is higher at lower speeds but lower at higher speeds.

D10-245 Palatine: Vroooooommmmmmmmmm and again until about 40 to 45mph. Lower ratio at lower speeds but higher ratio at higher speeds.

However, that post could be #NEBGold post of the year!

Andreos1
05 Jun 2014, 8:02 pm #104

(09 Sep 2013, 9:09 pm)aureolin Just a bit of fun, but what would be the possibility of NEB running an annual awards with categories? Could be something as simple as taking nominations for the whole of November, with a two week voting period in December? Winners being announced on Christmas Eve or something like that.

#NEBGold post of the month!

(05 Jun 2014, 7:48 pm)DaveyBowyer It's the gearing. I'll give you an example:

B9TL: Vrom, Vroom, Vroom Vroooommmmmmm and again until 30-40mph. Gearing ratio is higher at lower speeds but lower at higher speeds.

D10-245 Palatine: Vroooooommmmmmmmmm and again until about 40 to 45mph. Lower ratio at lower speeds but higher ratio at higher speeds.

Adrian

05 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm #105
(05 Jun 2014, 8:02 pm)Andreos Constantopolous #NEBGold post of the month!

Categories for cleanest and dirtiest buses of the year? Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm #105

(05 Jun 2014, 8:02 pm)Andreos Constantopolous #NEBGold post of the month!

Categories for cleanest and dirtiest buses of the year? Wink

Tom

05 Jun 2014, 8:45 pm #106
(05 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm)aureolin Categories for cleanest and dirtiest buses of the year? Wink

Compass would win the cleanest like Wink - By far!
Tom
05 Jun 2014, 8:45 pm #106

(05 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm)aureolin Categories for cleanest and dirtiest buses of the year? Wink

Compass would win the cleanest like Wink - By far!

Michael

09 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm #107
Can we not make a new thread just for the North east Vosa registrations?

Its so it doesn't clog up the latest news

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm #107

Can we not make a new thread just for the North east Vosa registrations?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Jun 2014, 3:58 pm #108
(09 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm)Michael Can we not make a new thread just for the North east Vosa registrations?

Bus Management & Infrastructure, if you'd like to do that!

Certain registrations could be quoted into the Latest threads which allow for relevant discussion, as per my post in Tender Discussion thread just now.
Dan
09 Jun 2014, 3:58 pm #108

(09 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm)Michael Can we not make a new thread just for the North east Vosa registrations?

Bus Management & Infrastructure, if you'd like to do that!

Certain registrations could be quoted into the Latest threads which allow for relevant discussion, as per my post in Tender Discussion thread just now.

Michael

09 Jun 2014, 4:10 pm #109
(09 Jun 2014, 3:58 pm)Dan Bus Management & Infrastructure, if you'd like to do that!

Ye, it just takes a lot of pages up in the threads, today is one of them haha.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2014, 4:10 pm #109

(09 Jun 2014, 3:58 pm)Dan Bus Management & Infrastructure, if you'd like to do that!

Ye, it just takes a lot of pages up in the threads, today is one of them haha.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

21 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm #110
Not sure how possible it is, but could we perhaps look at getting the 'Like' system back? Or perhaps something that you can give a post a thumbs up or thumbs down, rather than having to reply at length to have an opinion?

Could we also look at some sort of mentioning/tagging plugin? Found this on the MyBB site which gives the functionality I was thinking of. http://mods.mybb.com/view/mentionme

Adrian
21 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm #110

Not sure how possible it is, but could we perhaps look at getting the 'Like' system back? Or perhaps something that you can give a post a thumbs up or thumbs down, rather than having to reply at length to have an opinion?

Could we also look at some sort of mentioning/tagging plugin? Found this on the MyBB site which gives the functionality I was thinking of. http://mods.mybb.com/view/mentionme

21 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm #111
(21 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm)aureolin Not sure how possible it is, but could we perhaps look at getting the 'Like' system back? Or perhaps something that you can give a post a thumbs up or thumbs down, rather than having to reply at length to have an opinion?

Marcus likes this Tongue
R852 PRG
21 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm #111

(21 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm)aureolin Not sure how possible it is, but could we perhaps look at getting the 'Like' system back? Or perhaps something that you can give a post a thumbs up or thumbs down, rather than having to reply at length to have an opinion?

Marcus likes this Tongue

Andreos1

01 Sep 2014, 8:21 pm #112
Following on from the discussions/debates relating to scholars and workers services and it being the start of a number of contracts - is it worth creating a thread/database of these routes, contract holders and details of allocations?

Similarly, something could also be set up for the likes of Nexus contracts such as the 37/73.

Andreos1
01 Sep 2014, 8:21 pm #112

Following on from the discussions/debates relating to scholars and workers services and it being the start of a number of contracts - is it worth creating a thread/database of these routes, contract holders and details of allocations?

Similarly, something could also be set up for the likes of Nexus contracts such as the 37/73.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm #113

The issue at the time was that every plugin we tried was messing with certain aspects of the site. It was bizarre - I think there may have been some posts about it when we did roll it out. I remember Quote+ was one thing affected.
I found a hashtag plugin earlier today, so I'll give that a blast tomorrow morning hopefully.
Dan
01 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm #113

The issue at the time was that every plugin we tried was messing with certain aspects of the site. It was bizarre - I think there may have been some posts about it when we did roll it out. I remember Quote+ was one thing affected.
I found a hashtag plugin earlier today, so I'll give that a blast tomorrow morning hopefully.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm #114
(01 Sep 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Following on from the discussions/debates relating to scholars and workers services and it being the start of a number of contracts - is it worth creating a thread/database of these routes, contract holders and details of allocations?

I think aureolin may have suggested something like this a few weeks back, though I'm not sure if it was on the public board, our private board or via PM.

Setting it up as a database will be difficult because we rely on Liam to design these things then he leaves me (or at least someone besides himself) to do the content side of things usually. I know Liam is quite busy with work, Uni and everything else, so won't have a great deal of time to do that.

Content-wise, I'm a bit pushed for time lately too. Scott has been working on the indep fleet lists a lot recently and updating the ANE one as/when things occur. Aureolin has a few things up his sleeve re tendered services, but I'm not sure if anything has come of it yet.

Doing it on a thread would be good though. We should use this as an opportunity to gather ideas so we can think about how we'll do it.
Dan
01 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm #114

(01 Sep 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Following on from the discussions/debates relating to scholars and workers services and it being the start of a number of contracts - is it worth creating a thread/database of these routes, contract holders and details of allocations?

I think aureolin may have suggested something like this a few weeks back, though I'm not sure if it was on the public board, our private board or via PM.

Setting it up as a database will be difficult because we rely on Liam to design these things then he leaves me (or at least someone besides himself) to do the content side of things usually. I know Liam is quite busy with work, Uni and everything else, so won't have a great deal of time to do that.

Content-wise, I'm a bit pushed for time lately too. Scott has been working on the indep fleet lists a lot recently and updating the ANE one as/when things occur. Aureolin has a few things up his sleeve re tendered services, but I'm not sure if anything has come of it yet.

Doing it on a thread would be good though. We should use this as an opportunity to gather ideas so we can think about how we'll do it.

Adrian

01 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm #115
(01 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm)Dan I think aureolin may have suggested something like this a few weeks back, though I'm not sure if it was on the public board, our private board or via PM.

Something I've been working on in terms of collating the data. Councils and the PTE so far have been forthcoming with the information, but unfortunately it's not of a standard. I'm looking to review and go back to a few over the next week or so, and we'll see where we are from there. I'm hoping it's no more than quarterly, and also that I can get the councils to supply me the info without prompt.

Once we have all the info, we can probably determine how frequent it needs to be updated and what format it is best displayed in. The current of an Excel file isn't suitable, as it's not friendly for mobiles and some tablets. Web based would probably be better.

Adrian
01 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm #115

(01 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm)Dan I think aureolin may have suggested something like this a few weeks back, though I'm not sure if it was on the public board, our private board or via PM.

Something I've been working on in terms of collating the data. Councils and the PTE so far have been forthcoming with the information, but unfortunately it's not of a standard. I'm looking to review and go back to a few over the next week or so, and we'll see where we are from there. I'm hoping it's no more than quarterly, and also that I can get the councils to supply me the info without prompt.

Once we have all the info, we can probably determine how frequent it needs to be updated and what format it is best displayed in. The current of an Excel file isn't suitable, as it's not friendly for mobiles and some tablets. Web based would probably be better.

Andreos1

01 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm #116

A closed thread sounds great, probably quite easy to set up too - simple copy/paste from the VOSA lists.
When a vehicle is spotted on a route, the information can be added by an admin/mod - rather than every Tom, Dick and Harry getting their paws on it.

Andreos1
01 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm #116

A closed thread sounds great, probably quite easy to set up too - simple copy/paste from the VOSA lists.
When a vehicle is spotted on a route, the information can be added by an admin/mod - rather than every Tom, Dick and Harry getting their paws on it.

tyresmoke

01 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm #117
(01 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)Andreos Constantopolous A closed thread sounds great, probably quite easy to set up too - simple copy/paste from the VOSA lists.

Got to say I started on the "regular wrong workings" threads and people submitted info and I'm sorry I haven't got any further with it. Typical of me, I start a million projects and never finish them properly! I must start to push through with ideas and finish them before starting a new one.... Been working on the independents fleetlists quite a lot recently, we're about 60%-70% done now I reckon

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
01 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm #117

(01 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)Andreos Constantopolous A closed thread sounds great, probably quite easy to set up too - simple copy/paste from the VOSA lists.

Got to say I started on the "regular wrong workings" threads and people submitted info and I'm sorry I haven't got any further with it. Typical of me, I start a million projects and never finish them properly! I must start to push through with ideas and finish them before starting a new one.... Been working on the independents fleetlists quite a lot recently, we're about 60%-70% done now I reckon

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1

19 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm #118
Not wanting to do it for any narcissistic or ego massaging reasons at all - more of out of curiosity. Is there any way to see which posts have been liked, other than rake through every single post?

Andreos1
19 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm #118

Not wanting to do it for any narcissistic or ego massaging reasons at all - more of out of curiosity. Is there any way to see which posts have been liked, other than rake through every single post?

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Sep 2014, 9:04 pm #119
(19 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)Andreos1 Not wanting to do it for any narcissistic or ego massaging reasons at all - more of out of curiosity. Is there any way to see which posts have been liked, other than rake through every single post?

Not yet.
The plugin developer included it in his/her release for the myBB 1.6 plugin, but not the 1.8 plugin, but it was discussed on the thread on the discussion forum from which I downloaded it.
Dan
19 Sep 2014, 9:04 pm #119

(19 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)Andreos1 Not wanting to do it for any narcissistic or ego massaging reasons at all - more of out of curiosity. Is there any way to see which posts have been liked, other than rake through every single post?

Not yet.
The plugin developer included it in his/her release for the myBB 1.6 plugin, but not the 1.8 plugin, but it was discussed on the thread on the discussion forum from which I downloaded it.

Michael

25 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm #120
A suggestion for the fleet lists...

Maybe add a tab for which Euro engine each bus has?

So something like this:

Fleet No.  Reg Chassis  Bodywork   Depot   Livery Euro Engine  Yr New   Filter

Edited 25 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm #120

A suggestion for the fleet lists...

Maybe add a tab for which Euro engine each bus has?

So something like this:

Fleet No.  Reg Chassis  Bodywork   Depot   Livery Euro Engine  Yr New   Filter

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (11) Previous 15 6 711 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average