Login Register
North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions
Duplicate Accounts
Whilst I can't comment on the software the forum uses to track IP's

Generally, IP addresses from ISPs, WIFI hotspots etc will be dynamic IPs. As dynamic IP's are asigned by the provider it can be troublesome to locate them. I'm banned from Wikipedia because my provider (BT) has issued a set of dynamic IP's where someone has mischeviously edited (I can register with Wiki but can't edit anonymously)

You may find that dynamic IP's only trace back to your ISP's server or general location. Mine traces back to Newcastle from Low Fell for example, with Sky it used to trace to Leeds

The only way to specifically confirm an IP is a court order.

And of course many people use proxy servers meaning its impossible to trace back
(17/01/2014, 21:15)gtomlinson Wrote: Whilst I can't comment on the software the forum uses to track IP's

Generally, IP addresses from ISPs, WIFI hotspots etc will be dynamic IPs. As dynamic IP's are asigned by the provider it can be troublesome to locate them. I'm banned from Wikipedia because my provider (BT) has issued a set of dynamic IP's where someone has mischeviously edited (I can register with Wiki but can't edit anonymously)

You may find that dynamic IP's only trace back to your ISP's server or general location. Mine traces back to Newcastle from Low Fell for example, with Sky it used to trace to Leeds

The only way to specifically confirm an IP is a court order.

And of course many people use proxy servers meaning its impossible to trace back

Haven't tried wikipedia, but twitter often blocks me when using my phone and my company email provider is regularly blocked by customers/clients provider, presumably due to a limited range of ip addresses.

My knowledge of ip addresses is limited, however what you have said makes sense.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(12/01/2014, 22:15)idiot Wrote: Whilst I can't prove anything does anyone else suspect that someone is using mutliple accounts... anyone else think the same?!

Not sure if it is a case of people activating accounts in new names and leaving their old accounts or using both, but I have to hold my hands up and say my suspicions have been aroused again.
Have we got a touch of the 'Lee Sinclairs' in the ANE rare and odd working thread?

A fairly regular contributor in that thread and a new member to the forum seem to be very similar to each other in more ways than one...
There could be a reason for it like.
(11/10/2017, 21:10)Andreos1 Wrote: Have we got a touch of the 'Lee Sinclairs' in the ANE rare and odd working thread?

A fairly regular contributor in that thread and a new member to the forum seem to be very similar to each other in more ways than one...
There could be a reason for it like.

Different person.  Wink
Tom | omnicity4659.co.uk