2 11.76%
Photo 7
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The ALL NEW Monthly Competition
What's new?
Due to the rise and fall of interest in the site's "Monthly Photo Competition" as well as the clear point differences between winners, I have decided to discontinue this feature. In its place, somewhat inspired by Gary Mitchelhill's advent competition which unfortunately did not take place, I have decided to take this opportunity to hold a monthly competition which has no specific agenda in regards to the topic of the competition itself.

Right... So what is the new competition all about?
Chosen by the previous month's winner, a competition will be set - this can by anything (within reason) and will hopefully allow for more people to get involved in the competitions. Games could include a photo competition, a round of Guess The Bus, a round of Guess The Location... Anything!

January 2014 Monthly Competition
To start things off rather simple, the competition this month can be the good ol' Photo Competition. The winner of this month's competition can choose the following game.

The theme for the Photo Competition is: Buses born pre-2001.
We've had new buses born this year, but never had a topic devoted to older buses. It can be as old as you like, as long as the bus was 'born' before 2001 (so will not carry the present style of registration plate).

How do I enter?
All entries should be sent to competitions@northeastbuses.co.uk by 23/01/14. The subject of the e-mail should clearly outline the e-mails purpose (i.e. “Monthly Competition - January 2014”). You must attach your photo to the e-mail, and must also include your site username within the body of the e-mail. Again, as stated above, if you would like your photo to be watermarked if it wins and is subsequently uploaded to our Social Media websites, do attach a second, watermarked copy of the photo also.

PS: I will make a FAQ page and 'sort out' the competition section of the forum completely. A new points system will be implemented, and details of all possible games will be added on a new FAQ page. If you have any ideas of games and ideas for competitions, please do PM me.
(14/01/2014, 23:26)Dan Wrote: What's new?
Due to the rise and fall of interest in the site's "Monthly Photo Competition" as well as the clear point differences between winners, I have decided to discontinue this feature. In its place, somewhat inspired by Gary Mitchelhill's advent competition which unfortunately did not take place, I have decided to take this opportunity to hold a monthly competition which has no specific agenda in regards to the topic of the competition itself.

Right... So what is the new competition all about?
Chosen by the previous month's winner, a competition will be set - this can by anything (within reason) and will hopefully allow for more people to get involved in the competitions. Games could include a photo competition, a round of Guess The Bus, a round of Guess The Location... Anything!

January 2014 Monthly Competition
To start things off rather simple, the competition this month can be the good ol' Photo Competition. The winner of this month's competition can choose the following game.

The theme for the Photo Competition is: Buses born pre-2001.
We've had new buses born this year, but never had a topic devoted to older buses. It can be as old as you like, as long as the bus was 'born' before 2001 (so will not carry the present style of registration plate).

How do I enter?
All entries should be sent to competitions@northeastbuses.co.uk by 23/01/14. The subject of the e-mail should clearly outline the e-mails purpose (i.e. “Monthly Competition - January 2014”). You must attach your photo to the e-mail, and must also include your site username within the body of the e-mail. Again, as stated above, if you would like your photo to be watermarked if it wins and is subsequently uploaded to our Social Media websites, do attach a second, watermarked copy of the photo also.

Love it ;-)
(14/01/2014, 23:28)Tom Wrote: Love it ;-)

You missed my edit of the OP... far too quick for me! Tongue
Are entries just for in service PCV’s or does it extend to preserved vehicles?
(15/01/2014, 17:42)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: Are entries just for in service PCV’s or does it extend to preserved vehicles?

You can go for preserved stuff too if it increases entry numbers. Wink
Oh good. I enjoyed being useless at Gary's game Big Grin

Great idea to get those involved who don't take photos
When you say pre'01 does it mean buses still in service or any old pic?
(17/01/2014, 18:41)fozzovmurton Wrote: When you say pre'01 does it mean buses still in service or any old pic?

As I said in an above post, it can be any bus manufactured before 2001 with an old style of registration plate. Preserved or still in service, any vehicle manufactured before 2001 is ideal for this competition.
You've got until tomorrow to get those entries in!
(22/01/2014, 09:33)Dan Wrote: You've got until tomorrow to get those entries in!

hows th turnout looking?