North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Cameras

Cameras

Cameras

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13) Previous 1 2 313 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

07 Jun 2013, 6:07 am #21
Somewhat irritated when I look back on previous posts, I was referring to my old camera's model as the 'TX30' - don't know what came across me..!

The Panasonic DMC-TZ30 is a great point and shoot. It's marvellous with day time photos (though quality admittedly does depend on which settings you're using plus lighting) and equally as good with night shots. Note to anyone who travels to the beach - don't get sand in it! I find myself paying £120 for a repair (just half of what the camera cost when purchasing new!)

The Panasonic DMC-TZ40 (which I've recently upgraded to after a few months of having the TZ30) is equally as good, if not better. The main factor which is better than the TZ30 is its zoom. I endlessly find myself zooming in on a moving vehicle and, if in a bus' case, the blind does not come out, I have a chance to zoom out to get more photos and then I can crop the photo and the full size of the photo is still rather big indeed.
Dan
07 Jun 2013, 6:07 am #21

Somewhat irritated when I look back on previous posts, I was referring to my old camera's model as the 'TX30' - don't know what came across me..!

The Panasonic DMC-TZ30 is a great point and shoot. It's marvellous with day time photos (though quality admittedly does depend on which settings you're using plus lighting) and equally as good with night shots. Note to anyone who travels to the beach - don't get sand in it! I find myself paying £120 for a repair (just half of what the camera cost when purchasing new!)

The Panasonic DMC-TZ40 (which I've recently upgraded to after a few months of having the TZ30) is equally as good, if not better. The main factor which is better than the TZ30 is its zoom. I endlessly find myself zooming in on a moving vehicle and, if in a bus' case, the blind does not come out, I have a chance to zoom out to get more photos and then I can crop the photo and the full size of the photo is still rather big indeed.

Kuyoyo

07 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm #22
I currently use Fujifilm's F600EXR camera. I have just had to replace my first one (using the warranty, thank god I took it out) after it fell out of my hands and the lens smashed. I however replaced it with the same model.

Prior to this camera, I used the Fujifilm T200 (which also met its end by being dropped). Both Cameras have produced excellent results (my two favourite shots however come from my days using the T200, being this one and this one).

Before that, I was using the Kodak EasyShare C813. Although it had served me well for 3 years prior to picking up bus photograph, the fact it only had a 3x zoom did let it down slightly.
Kuyoyo
07 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm #22

I currently use Fujifilm's F600EXR camera. I have just had to replace my first one (using the warranty, thank god I took it out) after it fell out of my hands and the lens smashed. I however replaced it with the same model.

Prior to this camera, I used the Fujifilm T200 (which also met its end by being dropped). Both Cameras have produced excellent results (my two favourite shots however come from my days using the T200, being this one and this one).

Before that, I was using the Kodak EasyShare C813. Although it had served me well for 3 years prior to picking up bus photograph, the fact it only had a 3x zoom did let it down slightly.

Andreos1

07 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm #23
Im currently using a Kodak FunFlash/39.

The roll is currently being developed at Truprint so should be back in 6 months or so Smile
Andreos1
07 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm #23

Im currently using a Kodak FunFlash/39.

The roll is currently being developed at Truprint so should be back in 6 months or so Smile

Malarkey

29 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm #24
I'm currently looking for a Replacement for my Vivitar Vivicam T027 which I have had for 8 Months. I feel for the £35 I paid for it, it's served it's purpose but doesn't really produce "Top Quality Photographs" as I think it should. I have taken a few good photos with this Camera, but this one is my Favourite - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9309436980/

I have came across to excellent deals on Curry's Website which are:

NIKON Coolpix L28 Digital Compact Camera - £59.99

- 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type: CCD
- Opictical Zoom: x5
- HD Video: HD 720p

More Infro: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/dig...s~21262842

And

FujiFilm Finepix AX650 Compact Digital Camera - £49.99

- 16 Megapixels
- Optical Zoom: x5

More Info: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/dig...s~21270351
Malarkey
29 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm #24

I'm currently looking for a Replacement for my Vivitar Vivicam T027 which I have had for 8 Months. I feel for the £35 I paid for it, it's served it's purpose but doesn't really produce "Top Quality Photographs" as I think it should. I have taken a few good photos with this Camera, but this one is my Favourite - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9309436980/

- 20.1 Megapixels

And

- 16 Megapixels

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm #25
No! This thread is killing me!
Five months I had my TZ30, I killed it. Four months I had my TZ40, I killed it. I can accept responsibility for the TZ30, but not the TZ40...
I have to go without the TZ40 for a jolly few weeks until it gets repaired now. Cow in Argos said I'd clearly dropped it and that's what was causing the screen to bleed. I can honestly say I didn't do anything this time!
£700 on bloody cameras now... Expensive hobby!
Dan
29 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm #25

No! This thread is killing me!
Five months I had my TZ30, I killed it. Four months I had my TZ40, I killed it. I can accept responsibility for the TZ30, but not the TZ40...
I have to go without the TZ40 for a jolly few weeks until it gets repaired now. Cow in Argos said I'd clearly dropped it and that's what was causing the screen to bleed. I can honestly say I didn't do anything this time!

Adrian

29 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm #26
(29 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm)Daniel No! This thread is killing me!

Certainly is. I tend to only use my D5100 now, but it still means I'm carrying about £600 of kit around with me. Certainly makes you a bit more cautious if I'm out and about by myself.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm #26

(29 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm)Daniel No! This thread is killing me!

Certainly is. I tend to only use my D5100 now, but it still means I'm carrying about £600 of kit around with me. Certainly makes you a bit more cautious if I'm out and about by myself.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Sep 2013, 5:39 pm #27
(29 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm)aureolin Certainly is. I tend to only use my D5100 now, but it still means I'm carrying about £600 of kit around with me. Certainly makes you a bit more cautious if I'm out and about by myself.

I'd get a DSLR if they were more portable. I feel I can take my TZ30/TZ40 anywhere with me and it doesn't really add any weight or anything to me. It's not a massive black thing that can get in my way either, when I'm doing things besides taking photos.

No doubt a DSLR would last longer...
Dan
29 Sep 2013, 5:39 pm #27

(29 Sep 2013, 5:34 pm)aureolin Certainly is. I tend to only use my D5100 now, but it still means I'm carrying about £600 of kit around with me. Certainly makes you a bit more cautious if I'm out and about by myself.

I'd get a DSLR if they were more portable. I feel I can take my TZ30/TZ40 anywhere with me and it doesn't really add any weight or anything to me. It's not a massive black thing that can get in my way either, when I'm doing things besides taking photos.

No doubt a DSLR would last longer...

Adrian

29 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm #28
(29 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm)Adam Malarkey I'm currently looking for a Replacement for my Vivitar Vivicam T027 which I have had for 8 Months. I feel for the £35 I paid for it, it's served it's purpose but doesn't really produce "Top Quality Photographs" as I think it should. I have taken a few good photos with this Camera, but this one is my Favourite - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9309436980/

- 20.1 Megapixels

And

- 16 Megapixels

The L28 doesn't get that good reviews really Adam. You might get issues with motion blur, despite the sport mode and 'reduction' features. I've found this article for you which may give you a few more budget alternatives - http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipme...n-100.html

The other option, and one I'd probably recommend, is considering investing in a bridge camera. They're a bit bigger, but you certainly have a lot more flexibility with them.

Adrian
29 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm #28

(29 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm)Adam Malarkey I'm currently looking for a Replacement for my Vivitar Vivicam T027 which I have had for 8 Months. I feel for the £35 I paid for it, it's served it's purpose but doesn't really produce "Top Quality Photographs" as I think it should. I have taken a few good photos with this Camera, but this one is my Favourite - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9309436980/

- 20.1 Megapixels

And

- 16 Megapixels

The L28 doesn't get that good reviews really Adam. You might get issues with motion blur, despite the sport mode and 'reduction' features. I've found this article for you which may give you a few more budget alternatives - http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipme...n-100.html

The other option, and one I'd probably recommend, is considering investing in a bridge camera. They're a bit bigger, but you certainly have a lot more flexibility with them.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Nov 2013, 10:11 pm #29
The Samsung NX1100... Anyone know if it's any good?
You know what it will be for, so that needs to be taken into consideration!

Already looking to replace my TZ40 and have it as a backup, similar to my TZ30 at present. I'd be trading it in somewhere for around 75 quid.

Santa may be nice if he hears it's a decent camera - I don't know whether £400 seems unreasonable when it includes a free tablet and Photoshop too...
Dan
23 Nov 2013, 10:11 pm #29

The Samsung NX1100... Anyone know if it's any good?

Already looking to replace my TZ40 and have it as a backup, similar to my TZ30 at present. I'd be trading it in somewhere for around 75 quid.

Santa may be nice if he hears it's a decent camera - I don't know whether £400 seems unreasonable when it includes a free tablet and Photoshop too...

Adrian

23 Nov 2013, 11:36 pm #30
(23 Nov 2013, 10:11 pm)Dan The Samsung NX1100... Anyone know if it's any good?

I've never used a Samsung camera myself so I cant really comment. Obviously just read several independent reviews and such before you buy.

For the kind of shots you take though, you'd probably find benefit in buying an entry level DSLR instead? Perhaps something like the Nikon D3200 or D3200. You'd get it with an 18-55 kit lens for less than the 400 mark.

I used to use my bridge Nikon when out and about, but I kept getting drawn back to the DSLR because of the performance you get from one.

Adrian
23 Nov 2013, 11:36 pm #30

(23 Nov 2013, 10:11 pm)Dan The Samsung NX1100... Anyone know if it's any good?

I've never used a Samsung camera myself so I cant really comment. Obviously just read several independent reviews and such before you buy.

For the kind of shots you take though, you'd probably find benefit in buying an entry level DSLR instead? Perhaps something like the Nikon D3200 or D3200. You'd get it with an 18-55 kit lens for less than the 400 mark.

I used to use my bridge Nikon when out and about, but I kept getting drawn back to the DSLR because of the performance you get from one.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Nov 2013, 9:37 am #31
(23 Nov 2013, 11:36 pm)aureolin I've never used a Samsung camera myself so I cant really comment. Obviously just read several independent reviews and such before you buy.

As I've said previously, despite the performance from a DSLR, I'm put off because of the sheer bulkiness of one. When going out for photos, I'll often meet up with friends first and then take some photos when I've left them (or the other way round).
It's not practical in the slightest for me, but a good quality compact is.
Dan
24 Nov 2013, 9:37 am #31

(23 Nov 2013, 11:36 pm)aureolin I've never used a Samsung camera myself so I cant really comment. Obviously just read several independent reviews and such before you buy.

As I've said previously, despite the performance from a DSLR, I'm put off because of the sheer bulkiness of one. When going out for photos, I'll often meet up with friends first and then take some photos when I've left them (or the other way round).
It's not practical in the slightest for me, but a good quality compact is.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm #32
I shall do some testing and then write you all a review... Have to get used to a new camera first though, so may need a week or two.
Dan
24 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm #32

I shall do some testing and then write you all a review... Have to get used to a new camera first though, so may need a week or two.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Dec 2013, 5:13 pm #33
A lot of reviews sung the NX1100's praises, but I can't say I agree with the reviews in the slightest.

I found the colour on a lot of my photos appeared 'washed out', and I had a number of issues with blur (ISO was set correctly for yesterday's lighting) and focus.
In short, not a great camera at all.

Shop opened up at 10am this morning, and it was swapped for a Nikon D5100 immediately. Guess I'm going for the DSLR approach, after all! Now eagerly awaiting the delivery!
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 which was part of the bundle was 'swapped' for a Nexus 7, and that's a lot better too.
Dan
01 Dec 2013, 5:13 pm #33

A lot of reviews sung the NX1100's praises, but I can't say I agree with the reviews in the slightest.

I found the colour on a lot of my photos appeared 'washed out', and I had a number of issues with blur (ISO was set correctly for yesterday's lighting) and focus.

Shop opened up at 10am this morning, and it was swapped for a Nikon D5100 immediately. Guess I'm going for the DSLR approach, after all! Now eagerly awaiting the delivery!
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 which was part of the bundle was 'swapped' for a Nexus 7, and that's a lot better too.

Adrian

01 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm #34
(01 Dec 2013, 5:13 pm)Dan A lot of reviews sung the NX1100's praises, but I can't say I agree with the reviews in the slightest.

Good choice. I love my D5100 like. Tend to use it more than anything else at the moment. I'd recommend getting a screw on UV filter for your lens though, and just leave it on most of the time. If anything, it's cheaper to replace a scratched filter than scratched lens.

Adrian
01 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm #34

(01 Dec 2013, 5:13 pm)Dan A lot of reviews sung the NX1100's praises, but I can't say I agree with the reviews in the slightest.

Good choice. I love my D5100 like. Tend to use it more than anything else at the moment. I'd recommend getting a screw on UV filter for your lens though, and just leave it on most of the time. If anything, it's cheaper to replace a scratched filter than scratched lens.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Dec 2013, 5:36 pm #35
(01 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm)aureolin Good choice. I love my D5100 like. Tend to use it more than anything else at the moment. I'd recommend getting a screw on UV filter for your lens though, and just leave it on most of the time. If anything, it's cheaper to replace a scratched filter than scratched lens.

I noticed you had one, and I noticed CumbrianJosh had the D5000. I asked Josh if he'd help me set it up. The colours do appear somewhat unrealistic on his photos (as with my photos), but I do think they look great - they appeal to me straight away as they're so striking.
Cheers for the tip too - Santa has heard my request.
Dan
01 Dec 2013, 5:36 pm #35

(01 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm)aureolin Good choice. I love my D5100 like. Tend to use it more than anything else at the moment. I'd recommend getting a screw on UV filter for your lens though, and just leave it on most of the time. If anything, it's cheaper to replace a scratched filter than scratched lens.

I noticed you had one, and I noticed CumbrianJosh had the D5000. I asked Josh if he'd help me set it up. The colours do appear somewhat unrealistic on his photos (as with my photos), but I do think they look great - they appeal to me straight away as they're so striking.
Cheers for the tip too - Santa has heard my request.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm #36
The D5100 is a beauty. Amazing performer at night too - buses can be in motion and the photos still don't blur.
Dan
20 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm #36

The D5100 is a beauty. Amazing performer at night too - buses can be in motion and the photos still don't blur.

Adrian

20 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm #37
(20 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm)Dan The D5100 is a beauty. Amazing performer at night too - buses can be in motion and the photos still don't blur.

Thought you'd enjoy it Wink worth getting a light weight tripod too if you're shooting in poor light. Gives you a chance to let the shutter open a tad longer with zero blur.

Adrian
20 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm #37

(20 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm)Dan The D5100 is a beauty. Amazing performer at night too - buses can be in motion and the photos still don't blur.

Thought you'd enjoy it Wink worth getting a light weight tripod too if you're shooting in poor light. Gives you a chance to let the shutter open a tad longer with zero blur.

20 Dec 2013, 9:56 pm #38
I've only owned / used 3 digital cameras capable of photos where you can see the bus (my first digital camera I got in 2000 was one of them pencil style cameras but the images were like 100 pixels wide or something.

My first decent digital camera aquired in July 2003 was a Kodak CX4210 Easyshare. Sometimes tempermental with moving vehicles on dull days, has produced some good photos such as these two:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...402195605/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...5870932898

My second camera (and one I now refer to as old reliable) is a Sanyo VPC-MZ3 which was aquired secondhand off one John Atkins in November 2004 and it's probably the best camera I will ever own, takes photos in just about any light, even on the dullest of days I only end up with up to 2% photos that are not usable, and that is only in rare cases. I have no idea on how many photos I've taken with this camera that I still now own, but I have taken many brilliant shots that it's hard to choose a good photo but here is two of them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...4851722726
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...8240109995

My third camera is also one that is currently in use, it's a Samsung ES60 and normally you see it hanging around my neck for quick access as it's quicker at starting up then the old Sanyo. It's my high defination camera, and I mainly use it at bus rallies, bus depots and usually on stationary vehicles, but I have on occasion used it on moving vehicles which 90% of the time it works with it increasing to 99% on lovely sunny days. Here are two examples of my photos with the Samsung:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...7796278940

I have used cameras on other devices such as my mobile phone. Quite impressed with photos from my current HTC Sensation phone.
Also got a camcorder which I've taken one or two photos on, but now it's rarely used as I find it gets in the way too much, and normally I only really video trains.
Edited 20 Dec 2013, 9:56 pm by Rapidsnap.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
20 Dec 2013, 9:56 pm #38

I've only owned / used 3 digital cameras capable of photos where you can see the bus (my first digital camera I got in 2000 was one of them pencil style cameras but the images were like 100 pixels wide or something.

My first decent digital camera aquired in July 2003 was a Kodak CX4210 Easyshare. Sometimes tempermental with moving vehicles on dull days, has produced some good photos such as these two:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...402195605/

My second camera (and one I now refer to as old reliable) is a Sanyo VPC-MZ3 which was aquired secondhand off one John Atkins in November 2004 and it's probably the best camera I will ever own, takes photos in just about any light, even on the dullest of days I only end up with up to 2% photos that are not usable, and that is only in rare cases. I have no idea on how many photos I've taken with this camera that I still now own, but I have taken many brilliant shots that it's hard to choose a good photo but here is two of them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...4851722726
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...8240109995

My third camera is also one that is currently in use, it's a Samsung ES60 and normally you see it hanging around my neck for quick access as it's quicker at starting up then the old Sanyo. It's my high defination camera, and I mainly use it at bus rallies, bus depots and usually on stationary vehicles, but I have on occasion used it on moving vehicles which 90% of the time it works with it increasing to 99% on lovely sunny days. Here are two examples of my photos with the Samsung:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photoge...7796278940

I have used cameras on other devices such as my mobile phone. Quite impressed with photos from my current HTC Sensation phone.
Also got a camcorder which I've taken one or two photos on, but now it's rarely used as I find it gets in the way too much, and normally I only really video trains.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Tom

17 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm #39
I've noticed the quality of my photos hasn't been up to scratch, so think I'm going to get a new camera, but not sure what yet. Any suggestions?
Tom
17 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm #39

I've noticed the quality of my photos hasn't been up to scratch, so think I'm going to get a new camera, but not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Apr 2014, 4:07 pm #40
(17 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm)Tom I've noticed the quality of my photos hasn't been up to scratch, so think I'm going to get a new camera, but not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

You looking for a DSLR or a or a smaller one?
Dan
17 Apr 2014, 4:07 pm #40

(17 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm)Tom I've noticed the quality of my photos hasn't been up to scratch, so think I'm going to get a new camera, but not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

You looking for a DSLR or a or a smaller one?

Pages (13) Previous 1 2 313 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average