Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure New technology in buses

New technology in buses

New technology in buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 46 Next
Ambassador

29 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm #41
(29 Oct 2016, 9:00 pm)Andreos1 After logging on to GNE wifi for the first time in months today (and the first time ever on this phone), I had apparently used up my data allowance after pulling out of the bus station. Just enough time to recieve a fb message...

Frustrating!

Happening a lot lately this. Im sure some technical guru will be along to mumble something about cache or Ctrl alt and del

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
29 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm #41

(29 Oct 2016, 9:00 pm)Andreos1 After logging on to GNE wifi for the first time in months today (and the first time ever on this phone), I had apparently used up my data allowance after pulling out of the bus station. Just enough time to recieve a fb message...

Frustrating!

Happening a lot lately this. Im sure some technical guru will be along to mumble something about cache or Ctrl alt and del

citaro5284

30 Oct 2016, 7:33 am #42

Frustrating!

Stick a complaint into Customer Services and it can be investigated.  The daily allowance of 125mb is reset daily.

(29 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm)Ambassador Happening a lot lately this. Im sure some technical guru will be along to mumble something about cache or Ctrl alt and del

Never heard of much lately, we did have an issue a couple of months back, but that has been resolved - Do you let CS know?  It has nowt to do with Ctrl Alt or Del that is for sure  Big Grin
citaro5284
30 Oct 2016, 7:33 am #42

Frustrating!

Stick a complaint into Customer Services and it can be investigated.  The daily allowance of 125mb is reset daily.

(29 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm)Ambassador Happening a lot lately this. Im sure some technical guru will be along to mumble something about cache or Ctrl alt and del

Never heard of much lately, we did have an issue a couple of months back, but that has been resolved - Do you let CS know?  It has nowt to do with Ctrl Alt or Del that is for sure  Big Grin

Andreos1

30 Oct 2016, 8:18 am #43
I did 'switch it off and back on again', but it didn't make a difference.
Must admit to not clearing my cache mind. With never having used the device before on GNE wifi, I didn't think it would have made much difference.

(30 Oct 2016, 7:33 am)citaro5284 Stick a complaint into Customer Services and it can be investigated.  The daily allowance of 125mb is reset daily.

To be honest, previous experiences with that department, has given me the impression that it would be an exercise in futility.
A total waste of my time and theirs.

I understand nothing can be fixed if people don't know. However, until things are changed, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the colour vehicles used on the 21. Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Oct 2016, 8:18 am #43

I did 'switch it off and back on again', but it didn't make a difference.
Must admit to not clearing my cache mind. With never having used the device before on GNE wifi, I didn't think it would have made much difference.

(30 Oct 2016, 7:33 am)citaro5284 Stick a complaint into Customer Services and it can be investigated.  The daily allowance of 125mb is reset daily.

To be honest, previous experiences with that department, has given me the impression that it would be an exercise in futility.

I understand nothing can be fixed if people don't know. However, until things are changed, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the colour vehicles used on the 21. Wink

citaro5284

30 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm #44
(30 Oct 2016, 8:18 am)Andreos1 To be honest, previous experiences with that department, has given me the impression that it would be an exercise in futility.

And here was me going to look into the issue myself for you Tongue

To be honest, Customer Services would need to pass it on to someone who deals with the wifi, as they do not have access to system we use to oversee the Moovboxes.
citaro5284
30 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm #44

(30 Oct 2016, 8:18 am)Andreos1 To be honest, previous experiences with that department, has given me the impression that it would be an exercise in futility.

And here was me going to look into the issue myself for you Tongue

To be honest, Customer Services would need to pass it on to someone who deals with the wifi, as they do not have access to system we use to oversee the Moovboxes.

Andreos1

30 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm #45
(30 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm)citaro5284 And here was me going to look into the issue myself for you Tongue

You are more than welcome looking in to it. Couldn't tell you which purple Streetlite it was unfortunately.

I have no faith at all with GNE Customer Services - whether that applies to passing information on to other departments, or providing information. Too poor a service and response each and every time I have needed to ontact them (which could probably be counted on two hands).
The end result being, I rarely if ever contact them.

Andreos1
30 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm #45

(30 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm)citaro5284 And here was me going to look into the issue myself for you Tongue

You are more than welcome looking in to it. Couldn't tell you which purple Streetlite it was unfortunately.

I have no faith at all with GNE Customer Services - whether that applies to passing information on to other departments, or providing information. Too poor a service and response each and every time I have needed to ontact them (which could probably be counted on two hands).

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm #46
(30 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm)Andreos1 You are more than welcome looking in to it. Couldn't tell you which purple Streetlite it was unfortunately.

But how can you expect issues to be logged and fixed, if you do not contact the Customer Services team?  Huh

citaro5284 and I are not members of this forum to read up on issues you and others have found on Go North East's buses - this should be reported through the appropriate channels, in order for it to be logged in the system correctly. This is why aureolin has stated several times in the past that this forum should not be used as a place to log faults.
Dan
30 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm #46

(30 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm)Andreos1 You are more than welcome looking in to it. Couldn't tell you which purple Streetlite it was unfortunately.

But how can you expect issues to be logged and fixed, if you do not contact the Customer Services team?  Huh

citaro5284 and I are not members of this forum to read up on issues you and others have found on Go North East's buses - this should be reported through the appropriate channels, in order for it to be logged in the system correctly. This is why aureolin has stated several times in the past that this forum should not be used as a place to log faults.

Andreos1

30 Oct 2016, 8:59 pm #47
(30 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm)Dan But how can you expect issues to be logged and fixed, if you do not contact the Customer Services team?  Huh

To repeat what I said earlier.

Quote:I understand nothing can be fixed if people don't know. However, until things are changed, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the colour vehicles used on the 21. [Image: wink.gif]

My perception of GNE Customer Services is based on previous experiences.
If they're unwilling to resolve or respond to far more serious issues and complaints than dodgy wifi, with 'accuracy', then I have zero faith in them dealing with this.

Andreos1
30 Oct 2016, 8:59 pm #47

(30 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm)Dan But how can you expect issues to be logged and fixed, if you do not contact the Customer Services team?  Huh

To repeat what I said earlier.

Quote:I understand nothing can be fixed if people don't know. However, until things are changed, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the colour vehicles used on the 21. [Image: wink.gif]

If they're unwilling to resolve or respond to far more serious issues and complaints than dodgy wifi, with 'accuracy', then I have zero faith in them dealing with this.

Ambassador

30 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm #48
(30 Oct 2016, 8:59 pm)Andreos1 To repeat what I said earlier.

Not to be too off topic, but I entirely agree, I've made my thoughts on the poor social media management numerous times but Customers Services seem to be unempowered to fix anything. A shrug and empty apologies. If they were a shop or bank, I'd simply not use them purely on their service.

Ambassador
30 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm #48

Not to be too off topic, but I entirely agree, I've made my thoughts on the poor social media management numerous times but Customers Services seem to be unempowered to fix anything. A shrug and empty apologies. If they were a shop or bank, I'd simply not use them purely on their service.

James101

30 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm #49

Indeed, rather than expecting customers to report issues maybe more robust internal processes to stop the issues occurring in the first place would be the best way forward.
James101
30 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm #49

Indeed, rather than expecting customers to report issues maybe more robust internal processes to stop the issues occurring in the first place would be the best way forward.

Adrian

30 Oct 2016, 10:13 pm #50
But without examples, how do you identify the root cause and work towards the resolution of a problem? 

With IT systems, most incidents will be dealt with proactively anyway, and in the majority of cases resolved without a customer even realising there's been an outage. But unfortunately there's from time to time, with sporadic or wide spread, that can't be resolved.

Problem resolution has to start somewhere, and that has to be ensuring that customers log faults with customer services. It's not to be awkward, but without collating data of various incidents, it is very difficult to pin point what the root cause of the problem is.

I do agree that customer services need to be a bit more proactive when someone reports a technology problem. I reported an issue with the app a few weeks ago, and they were going to pass this on to the apps team, without taking a single detail from me. Like others have said, that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Perhaps they should be asking for details depending what the issue reported is? The MAC address of your phone's wireless NIC would be a good start for WiFi issues, or the Make/Model/software version of your handset for app issues.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Oct 2016, 10:13 pm #50

But without examples, how do you identify the root cause and work towards the resolution of a problem? 

With IT systems, most incidents will be dealt with proactively anyway, and in the majority of cases resolved without a customer even realising there's been an outage. But unfortunately there's from time to time, with sporadic or wide spread, that can't be resolved.

Problem resolution has to start somewhere, and that has to be ensuring that customers log faults with customer services. It's not to be awkward, but without collating data of various incidents, it is very difficult to pin point what the root cause of the problem is.

I do agree that customer services need to be a bit more proactive when someone reports a technology problem. I reported an issue with the app a few weeks ago, and they were going to pass this on to the apps team, without taking a single detail from me. Like others have said, that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Perhaps they should be asking for details depending what the issue reported is? The MAC address of your phone's wireless NIC would be a good start for WiFi issues, or the Make/Model/software version of your handset for app issues.

Andreos1

31 Oct 2016, 12:22 am #51
(30 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm)NAmbassador Not to be too off topic, but I entirely agree, I've made my thoughts on the poor social media management numerous times but Customers Services seem to be unempowered to fix anything. A shrug and empty apologies. If they were a shop or bank, I'd simply not use them purely on their service.

(30 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm)James101 Indeed, rather than expecting customers to report issues maybe more robust internal processes to stop the issues occurring in the first place would be the best way forward.
I have had a few beers, so excuse me if I make less sense than usual.

This was never meant to be a post which turned in to an anti-GNE rant. It was a post about the poor wifi on a purple streetlite and in turn, connected to technology in buses.
However, I do agree with the points you have both made.

I am more than happy providing info related to my issue. I just have zero faith in the GNE Customer Service team dealing with it appropriately. 

(30 Oct 2016, 10:13 pm)Adrian But without examples, how do you identify the root cause and work towards the resolution of a problem? 

As I have said a number of times now, I understand a failure of passing info on, could result in the failure in resolving the issue. 

I  saw your latest comms with them and I did shake my head.
My last comms with them was two summers ago (communication you are aware of). Hopefully you can see why a serious issue like that and the response I got, would add to the opinion I have of that particular department.
An ignorant (?) response leads to apathy of the service on offer.

If they can't deal with something like that, why would they deal with a minor wifi issue appropriately?
Edited 31 Oct 2016, 12:51 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
31 Oct 2016, 12:22 am #51

(30 Oct 2016, 9:42 pm)NAmbassador Not to be too off topic, but I entirely agree, I've made my thoughts on the poor social media management numerous times but Customers Services seem to be unempowered to fix anything. A shrug and empty apologies. If they were a shop or bank, I'd simply not use them purely on their service.

(30 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm)James101 Indeed, rather than expecting customers to report issues maybe more robust internal processes to stop the issues occurring in the first place would be the best way forward.
I have had a few beers, so excuse me if I make less sense than usual.

This was never meant to be a post which turned in to an anti-GNE rant. It was a post about the poor wifi on a purple streetlite and in turn, connected to technology in buses.
However, I do agree with the points you have both made.

I am more than happy providing info related to my issue. I just have zero faith in the GNE Customer Service team dealing with it appropriately. 

(30 Oct 2016, 10:13 pm)Adrian But without examples, how do you identify the root cause and work towards the resolution of a problem? 

As I have said a number of times now, I understand a failure of passing info on, could result in the failure in resolving the issue. 

I  saw your latest comms with them and I did shake my head.
My last comms with them was two summers ago (communication you are aware of). Hopefully you can see why a serious issue like that and the response I got, would add to the opinion I have of that particular department.
An ignorant (?) response leads to apathy of the service on offer.

If they can't deal with something like that, why would they deal with a minor wifi issue appropriately?

Andreos1

01 Mar 2017, 9:05 am #52
Another Government funded freebie, but one that's maybe worth keeping an eye on. It will be interesting to see if the difference in reliability is noticeable.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...c-12668676

Andreos1
01 Mar 2017, 9:05 am #52

Another Government funded freebie, but one that's maybe worth keeping an eye on. It will be interesting to see if the difference in reliability is noticeable.

Michael

01 Mar 2017, 9:15 am #53
(01 Mar 2017, 9:05 am)Andreos1 Another Government funded freebie, but one that's maybe worth keeping an eye on. It will be interesting to see if the difference in reliability is noticeable.

That photoshop though....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Mar 2017, 9:15 am #53

(01 Mar 2017, 9:05 am)Andreos1 Another Government funded freebie, but one that's maybe worth keeping an eye on. It will be interesting to see if the difference in reliability is noticeable.

That photoshop though....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 Mar 2017, 9:27 am #54
(01 Mar 2017, 9:15 am)Michael That photoshop though....

Wow. Just spilled my tea laughing at that, cheers Michael!

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
01 Mar 2017, 9:27 am #54

Wow. Just spilled my tea laughing at that, cheers Michael!

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Andreos1

01 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm #55

I can't see it...

Andreos1
01 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm #55

I can't see it...

Adrian

01 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm #56
(01 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm)Andreos1 I can't see it...

Not just me that is lost then!  Big Grin

Adrian
01 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm #56

(01 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm)Andreos1 I can't see it...

Not just me that is lost then!  Big Grin

Michael

01 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm #57
It seems the picture was removed..

This was the picture
Attached Files
.jpeg
received_10210468974873531.jpeg
Size: 64.95 KB / Downloads: 30

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm #57

It seems the picture was removed..

This was the picture

Attached Files
.jpeg
received_10210468974873531.jpeg
Size: 64.95 KB / Downloads: 30

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

01 Mar 2017, 8:26 pm #58
(01 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm)Michael It seems the picture was removed..

This was the picture

Oh bloody hell! That is a pretty shoddy effort.

Adrian
01 Mar 2017, 8:26 pm #58

This was the picture

Oh bloody hell! That is a pretty shoddy effort.

Andreos1

01 Mar 2017, 8:39 pm #59

This was the picture

I must have missed that first time round! Dear me!

Wonder who is behind that?!

Andreos1
01 Mar 2017, 8:39 pm #59

This was the picture

I must have missed that first time round! Dear me!

Wonder who is behind that?!

L469 YVK

16 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm #60
http://www.route-one.net/articles/Ensign...ed_for_BCI

Think any operators such as GNE would be interested in these. Basically in the two axile option, a Cummins 6.7 engine paired with a ZF gearbox without having to subsidise Stagecoach / ADL.
L469 YVK
16 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm #60

http://www.route-one.net/articles/Ensign...ed_for_BCI

Think any operators such as GNE would be interested in these. Basically in the two axile option, a Cummins 6.7 engine paired with a ZF gearbox without having to subsidise Stagecoach / ADL.

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 46 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average