Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat lifes little mysteries

lifes little mysteries

lifes little mysteries

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) 1 2 36 Next
Andreos1

23 Mar 2014, 11:59 am #1
There are some things in life, that are a constant wonder or puzzlement - such as why Chinese takeaways have the little slidey hatch between the counter and kitchen, why 99 ice creams are called 99's and what makes women tick.

Does anyone else have any little mysteries they want to share with the world?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Mar 2014, 11:59 am #1

There are some things in life, that are a constant wonder or puzzlement - such as why Chinese takeaways have the little slidey hatch between the counter and kitchen, why 99 ice creams are called 99's and what makes women tick.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Mar 2014, 1:30 pm #2
(23 Mar 2014, 11:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous There are some things in life, that are a constant wonder or puzzlement - such as why Chinese takeaways have the little slidey hatch between the counter and kitchen, why 99 ice creams are called 99's and what makes women tick.

Thats one mystery that will never be solved my friend
MrFozz
23 Mar 2014, 1:30 pm #2

(23 Mar 2014, 11:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous There are some things in life, that are a constant wonder or puzzlement - such as why Chinese takeaways have the little slidey hatch between the counter and kitchen, why 99 ice creams are called 99's and what makes women tick.

Thats one mystery that will never be solved my friend

Adrian

23 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm #3
  • Traffic congestion before 6.30am in the Stanley area.
  • Why people on buses and trains insist on placing their bag on the seat next to them, with no intention of moving it.
  • Smokers being oblivious to the fact that it stinks.
  • Davey Bowyer's hate of E400s. Tongue
  • Why Adidas 'popper' tracksuit bottoms were popular.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm #3

• Why people on buses and trains insist on placing their bag on the seat next to them, with no intention of moving it.
  • Smokers being oblivious to the fact that it stinks.
  • Davey Bowyer's hate of E400s. Tongue
  • Why Adidas 'popper' tracksuit bottoms were popular.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm #4
(23 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm)aureolin

So other people don't sit next to them! Tongue
Dan
23 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm #4

So other people don't sit next to them! Tongue

Adrian

23 Mar 2014, 3:04 pm #5
(23 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm)Dan So other people don't sit next to them! Tongue

If there's not a pair of seats empty on a bus, I tend to sit next to the person with the bulkiest bag. May just be me being awkward though. Tongue

Adrian
23 Mar 2014, 3:04 pm #5

(23 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm)Dan So other people don't sit next to them! Tongue

If there's not a pair of seats empty on a bus, I tend to sit next to the person with the bulkiest bag. May just be me being awkward though. Tongue

Jimmi

23 Mar 2014, 5:06 pm #6
The 1445 Arriva service 5A Darlington - Bishop Auckland mysteriously disappeared off the face of the earth, despite arriving in Darlington as Service X66!
Jimmi
23 Mar 2014, 5:06 pm #6

The 1445 Arriva service 5A Darlington - Bishop Auckland mysteriously disappeared off the face of the earth, despite arriving in Darlington as Service X66!

Tom

23 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm #7

Traffic congestion in and around Newcastle before 6 am Wink
Tom
23 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm #7

Traffic congestion in and around Newcastle before 6 am Wink

GuyParkRoyal

23 Mar 2014, 7:19 pm #8
"The whereabouts of the 16.12 GNE 309 from Whitley Bay to Newcastle"
After waiting around for 40 minuets the 16.42 arrived on time.
GuyParkRoyal
23 Mar 2014, 7:19 pm #8

"The whereabouts of the 16.12 GNE 309 from Whitley Bay to Newcastle"
After waiting around for 40 minuets the 16.42 arrived on time.

MurdnunoC

23 Mar 2014, 9:30 pm #9

Granted, I'm not there around 6:30 am, but I work in Stanley and I have never encountered any major traffic congestion. I find it's one of the easiest places to travel to as the journey time is the same no matter when I leave. The only time it seems to get busy is between 3:00 and 4:00 pm when there is usually a tail-back from Oxhill traffic lights to the roundabout near the bus station, but, even then, the waiting time is never more than 5 minutes.

The only explanation I can come up with is that people must be desperate to leave the town in the morning (as it is quite dismal) - the earlier, the better, must be a common thought.

• I'm guilty of this when travelling on National Express or Megabus. I also glare at anyone thinking about sitting next to me with a look which suggests 'don't even think about it'. Obviously, if the bus full I have no choice and readily accept it, but this has only happened on one occasion. I guess this is mainly because I like my space. But it's also because I find it very difficult to sustain small-talk over a lengthy period - something which, for some reason, I feel obliged to do if someone's going to be sitting next to me for most of the day.
    Edited 23 Mar 2014, 9:31 pm by MurdnunoC.
    MurdnunoC
    23 Mar 2014, 9:30 pm #9

Granted, I'm not there around 6:30 am, but I work in Stanley and I have never encountered any major traffic congestion. I find it's one of the easiest places to travel to as the journey time is the same no matter when I leave. The only time it seems to get busy is between 3:00 and 4:00 pm when there is usually a tail-back from Oxhill traffic lights to the roundabout near the bus station, but, even then, the waiting time is never more than 5 minutes.

The only explanation I can come up with is that people must be desperate to leave the town in the morning (as it is quite dismal) - the earlier, the better, must be a common thought.

• I'm guilty of this when travelling on National Express or Megabus. I also glare at anyone thinking about sitting next to me with a look which suggests 'don't even think about it'. Obviously, if the bus full I have no choice and readily accept it, but this has only happened on one occasion. I guess this is mainly because I like my space. But it's also because I find it very difficult to sustain small-talk over a lengthy period - something which, for some reason, I feel obliged to do if someone's going to be sitting next to me for most of the day.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

06 Apr 2014, 7:08 am #10
    A couple of things is a mystery to me

Bellybutton fluff, where does it come from and

Socks...whenever I put a pair in the wash, it seems like only one comes out, is the fluff filter in a washing machine really just socks that the washer has decided to devour Big Grin
    MrFozz
    06 Apr 2014, 7:08 am #10

A couple of things is a mystery to me

Bellybutton fluff, where does it come from and

Socks...whenever I put a pair in the wash, it seems like only one comes out, is the fluff filter in a washing machine really just socks that the washer has decided to devour Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Apr 2014, 11:04 am #11
    Where all the traffic suddenly came from on the green bridge in Sunderland. Currently a free for all who can get in first - traffic lights mean nothing!
    Dan
    08 Apr 2014, 11:04 am #11

Where all the traffic suddenly came from on the green bridge in Sunderland. Currently a free for all who can get in first - traffic lights mean nothing!

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm #12
    When nothing at all is funny, but you can't stop laughing.
    I've just spent 15 minutes on the verge of wetting myself and a guy named "Willy" in the pizza shop just stared at me and my mate as if we had issues.
    Dan
    12 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm #12

When nothing at all is funny, but you can't stop laughing.
    I've just spent 15 minutes on the verge of wetting myself and a guy named "Willy" in the pizza shop just stared at me and my mate as if we had issues.

tyresmoke

12 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm #13
    (12 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm)Dan When nothing at all is funny, but you can't stop laughing.

To be fair most people probably would. Simple things amuse simple minds and all that Tongue

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
    12 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm #13

(12 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm)Dan When nothing at all is funny, but you can't stop laughing.

To be fair most people probably would. Simple things amuse simple minds and all that Tongue

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Apr 2014, 8:32 pm #14
    (12 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm)tyresmoke To be fair most people probably would. Simple things amuse simple minds and all that Tongue

Proudest moment when a bouncer laughed at me rolling!
    Dan
    12 Apr 2014, 8:32 pm #14

(12 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm)tyresmoke To be fair most people probably would. Simple things amuse simple minds and all that Tongue

Proudest moment when a bouncer laughed at me rolling!

Adrian

12 Apr 2014, 9:09 pm #15
    I'd probably be the same hahah. :p

There was guy that gave us a 'educational' talk once at college, around teenage pregnancy. His name was Rick Stifter. Awkward!

Adrian
    12 Apr 2014, 9:09 pm #15

I'd probably be the same hahah. :p

There was guy that gave us a 'educational' talk once at college, around teenage pregnancy. His name was Rick Stifter. Awkward!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Apr 2014, 10:38 pm #16
    (12 Apr 2014, 9:09 pm)aureolin I'd probably be the same hahah. :p

Great name...

I was always very immature at those subjects
    MrFozz
    12 Apr 2014, 10:38 pm #16

(12 Apr 2014, 9:09 pm)aureolin I'd probably be the same hahah. :p

Great name...

Tom

12 Apr 2014, 10:40 pm #17
    (12 Apr 2014, 10:38 pm)marxistafozzski Great name...

Some people in my form asked my form tutor if you can get fake vaginas when we were discussing the subject, that was hilarious, but got themselves in a bit of trouble.
    Tom
    12 Apr 2014, 10:40 pm #17

(12 Apr 2014, 10:38 pm)marxistafozzski Great name...

Some people in my form asked my form tutor if you can get fake vaginas when we were discussing the subject, that was hilarious, but got themselves in a bit of trouble.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Apr 2014, 10:51 pm #18
    (12 Apr 2014, 10:40 pm)Tom Some people in my form asked my form tutor if you can get fake vaginas when we were discussing the subject, that was hilarious, but got themselves in a bit of trouble.

I once accompanied a young lad I know to the local community house so he could get some free jonnies, the woman had to explain how to put one on, there was me, I think I was 21 and the kid I was with was about 15, he was taking it seriously, I just completely lost it when the woman said 'when your willy gets hard'...I walked out that room in tears, I nearly pissed myself giggling like a child...The word willy always makes me giggle uncontrolably...even at 31 yrs old
    Edited 12 Apr 2014, 10:52 pm by MrFozz.
    MrFozz
    12 Apr 2014, 10:51 pm #18

(12 Apr 2014, 10:40 pm)Tom Some people in my form asked my form tutor if you can get fake vaginas when we were discussing the subject, that was hilarious, but got themselves in a bit of trouble.

I once accompanied a young lad I know to the local community house so he could get some free jonnies, the woman had to explain how to put one on, there was me, I think I was 21 and the kid I was with was about 15, he was taking it seriously, I just completely lost it when the woman said 'when your willy gets hard'...I walked out that room in tears, I nearly pissed myself giggling like a child...The word willy always makes me giggle uncontrolably...even at 31 yrs old

Jimmi

12 Apr 2014, 11:55 pm #19
    (12 Apr 2014, 10:38 pm)marxistafozzski I was always very immature at those subjects

I was in college the other week and I had to be in a group of 3 and my lecturer without thinking said "We can have a threesome"

We were laughing our heads off, whilst feeling embarrassed at the same time.
    Jimmi
    12 Apr 2014, 11:55 pm #19

(12 Apr 2014, 10:38 pm)marxistafozzski I was always very immature at those subjects

I was in college the other week and I had to be in a group of 3 and my lecturer without thinking said "We can have a threesome"

We were laughing our heads off, whilst feeling embarrassed at the same time.

MurdnunoC

13 Apr 2014, 4:00 pm #20

Apparently you can get fake vaginas - a fact I learned from watching the film 8mm some time ago.
    MurdnunoC
    13 Apr 2014, 4:00 pm #20

Apparently you can get fake vaginas - a fact I learned from watching the film 8mm some time ago.

Pages (6) 1 2 36 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average