Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events North East Bus & Coach Show 2014

North East Bus & Coach Show 2014

North East Bus & Coach Show 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next
Poll: Are you attending?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
69.23%
Votes 9
No
23.08%
Votes 3
Maybe / Unsure
7.69%
Votes 1

Total 13 vote(s) 100%
Tom

04 May 2014, 4:47 pm #61
(04 May 2014, 4:45 pm)Marcus Now that I think about it, I think I saw that kid get on 3833 then push his way past a father and daughter before then taking two seconds to look the interior then cut in front of them as they left. I was just leaving when the memorial speech was starting, but unfortunatley I had to catch my X22 AND get something to eat Sad. Next year I'll definatley be back for about my fourth year in a row. I did however pick up a diecast model of a Bristol Lodekka in Eastern National green (like the one Stan Butler drove in the On The Buses episodes, I think they used red RTs for the films). Hopefully next time I'll not look so anti-social and have got to know a few of you more.

Oh dear, he obviously has no manors. That's shocking. Did you get a B10BLE (4907) on the X22? I'm sure that's the one I saw.
Yeah, hopefully I'll see you and others sometime Smile
Tom
04 May 2014, 4:47 pm #61

(04 May 2014, 4:45 pm)Marcus Now that I think about it, I think I saw that kid get on 3833 then push his way past a father and daughter before then taking two seconds to look the interior then cut in front of them as they left. I was just leaving when the memorial speech was starting, but unfortunatley I had to catch my X22 AND get something to eat Sad. Next year I'll definatley be back for about my fourth year in a row. I did however pick up a diecast model of a Bristol Lodekka in Eastern National green (like the one Stan Butler drove in the On The Buses episodes, I think they used red RTs for the films). Hopefully next time I'll not look so anti-social and have got to know a few of you more.

Oh dear, he obviously has no manors. That's shocking. Did you get a B10BLE (4907) on the X22? I'm sure that's the one I saw.

04 May 2014, 4:48 pm #62
(04 May 2014, 4:47 pm)Tom Oh dear, he obviously has no manors. That's shocking. Did you get a B10BLE (4907) on the X22? I'm sure that's the one I saw.

Yes. Like I always say, I'd always be willing to meet up with people.
R852 PRG
04 May 2014, 4:48 pm #62

(04 May 2014, 4:47 pm)Tom Oh dear, he obviously has no manors. That's shocking. Did you get a B10BLE (4907) on the X22? I'm sure that's the one I saw.

Yes. Like I always say, I'd always be willing to meet up with people.

Tom

04 May 2014, 5:02 pm #63
(04 May 2014, 4:48 pm)Marcus Yes. Like I always say, I'd always be willing to meet up with people.

I've sent a reply to your PM via email because you seem to have Private Messaging disabled Wink
Tom
04 May 2014, 5:02 pm #63

(04 May 2014, 4:48 pm)Marcus Yes. Like I always say, I'd always be willing to meet up with people.

I've sent a reply to your PM via email because you seem to have Private Messaging disabled Wink

04 May 2014, 5:02 pm #64
(04 May 2014, 5:02 pm)Tom I've sent a reply to your PM via email because you seem to have Private Messaging disabled Wink

Yep. I'm gonna get onto that! Tongue
R852 PRG
04 May 2014, 5:02 pm #64

(04 May 2014, 5:02 pm)Tom I've sent a reply to your PM via email because you seem to have Private Messaging disabled Wink

Yep. I'm gonna get onto that! Tongue

04 May 2014, 5:23 pm #65
Thoroughly enjoyed today, saw a few of my friends (most are not on here) but I saw Baz and Dave. Went on four Riverside tours and one EcoCity on a Metrocentre - Scotswood Bridge - Scotswood Road - Redheugh Bridge - Metrocentre tour with some photos at the Metrocentre Interchange.

Saw the white blinds Versa for the first time too today, pretty smart.
Was brilliant seeing people of all ages enjoying themselves in their hobby; will definitely do it again next year.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
04 May 2014, 5:23 pm #65

Thoroughly enjoyed today, saw a few of my friends (most are not on here) but I saw Baz and Dave. Went on four Riverside tours and one EcoCity on a Metrocentre - Scotswood Bridge - Scotswood Road - Redheugh Bridge - Metrocentre tour with some photos at the Metrocentre Interchange.

Was brilliant seeing people of all ages enjoying themselves in their hobby; will definitely do it again next year.

Tom

04 May 2014, 5:28 pm #66
(04 May 2014, 5:23 pm)northern156 Thoroughly enjoyed today, saw a few of my friends (most are not on here) but I saw Baz and Dave. Went on four Riverside tours and one EcoCity on a Metrocentre - Scotswood Bridge - Scotswood Road - Redheugh Bridge - Metrocentre tour with some photos at the Metrocentre Interchange.

Sadly, I didn't see you today.
Tom
04 May 2014, 5:28 pm #66

(04 May 2014, 5:23 pm)northern156 Thoroughly enjoyed today, saw a few of my friends (most are not on here) but I saw Baz and Dave. Went on four Riverside tours and one EcoCity on a Metrocentre - Scotswood Bridge - Scotswood Road - Redheugh Bridge - Metrocentre tour with some photos at the Metrocentre Interchange.

Sadly, I didn't see you today.

04 May 2014, 5:30 pm #67
(04 May 2014, 5:28 pm)Tom Sadly, I didn't see you today.
You probably did; just I would have been wandering about! Smile

northern156
04 May 2014, 5:30 pm #67

(04 May 2014, 5:28 pm)Tom Sadly, I didn't see you today.
You probably did; just I would have been wandering about! Smile

Jimmi

04 May 2014, 5:43 pm #68
This was my first rally and I really enjoyed myself today. Hope to go to more soon.
Jimmi
04 May 2014, 5:43 pm #68

This was my first rally and I really enjoyed myself today. Hope to go to more soon.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 May 2014, 5:52 pm #69
A huge improvement on last year's rally as there was no major name-calling to certain enthusiasts from what I saw (other than me being greeted with the word 'splendid', but that was expected). So much better than the rally down on Teesside last week too.

Started my day off on 'service 2' and I had a ride of a "Tyne Tees Xpress" B9TL brought along by Go North East.
I got back at the Metrocentre about thirty minutes later and before going for something to eat (in McDonalds! Big Grin), I took some photos. After I had something to eat, I had a ride of a preserved bus (can't remember which one it was now, but it was on a service which went to Dunston).
After this, I listened to the speech about Ian Hignett. Didn't hear much if I'm honest as I was a few steps away from everyone else, but got involved in the applause at the end. 4710 led the way to Riverside depot with Ian's favourite coach in pursuit, so I had a walk to the depot and was thankfully given the opportunity to take some photographs inside of the depot of 4710 and 7087 together posing underneath the Go North East sign at Riverside. I didn't have to walk back to the Metrocentre as I was allowed to ride 7087 back. Once the vehicle returned to the Metrocentre, it actually went out for a run of service 2 so I had another ride.
By this time, it was about 16:00 and buses had started to leave. For the next hour or so, Go North East buses started to gather at the end of the coach park for photos. Some wonderful photo opportunities there.

Had a great day - thanks to event organisers, GNE, etc. Smile
Dan
04 May 2014, 5:52 pm #69

A huge improvement on last year's rally as there was no major name-calling to certain enthusiasts from what I saw (other than me being greeted with the word 'splendid', but that was expected). So much better than the rally down on Teesside last week too.

Started my day off on 'service 2' and I had a ride of a "Tyne Tees Xpress" B9TL brought along by Go North East.
I got back at the Metrocentre about thirty minutes later and before going for something to eat (in McDonalds! Big Grin), I took some photos. After I had something to eat, I had a ride of a preserved bus (can't remember which one it was now, but it was on a service which went to Dunston).
After this, I listened to the speech about Ian Hignett. Didn't hear much if I'm honest as I was a few steps away from everyone else, but got involved in the applause at the end. 4710 led the way to Riverside depot with Ian's favourite coach in pursuit, so I had a walk to the depot and was thankfully given the opportunity to take some photographs inside of the depot of 4710 and 7087 together posing underneath the Go North East sign at Riverside. I didn't have to walk back to the Metrocentre as I was allowed to ride 7087 back. Once the vehicle returned to the Metrocentre, it actually went out for a run of service 2 so I had another ride.
By this time, it was about 16:00 and buses had started to leave. For the next hour or so, Go North East buses started to gather at the end of the coach park for photos. Some wonderful photo opportunities there.

Tom

04 May 2014, 6:04 pm #70
(04 May 2014, 5:52 pm)Dan A huge improvement on last year's rally as there was no major name-calling to certain enthusiasts from what I saw (other than me being greeted with the word 'splendid', but that was expected). So much better than the rally down on Teesside last week too.

Sadly missed the GNE lineups, left at 3:45.
Tom
04 May 2014, 6:04 pm #70

(04 May 2014, 5:52 pm)Dan A huge improvement on last year's rally as there was no major name-calling to certain enthusiasts from what I saw (other than me being greeted with the word 'splendid', but that was expected). So much better than the rally down on Teesside last week too.

Sadly missed the GNE lineups, left at 3:45.

04 May 2014, 6:10 pm #71
You weren't by chance on the TTX on the depot tour at around 11am this morning Dan, with a photo stop underneath the cherry blossom tree at the school in Dunston?

We were asked if anyone wanted a photo stop and one person took advantage (I was kicking myself after saying no). Just wondered if it was you or not.

northern156
04 May 2014, 6:10 pm #71

You weren't by chance on the TTX on the depot tour at around 11am this morning Dan, with a photo stop underneath the cherry blossom tree at the school in Dunston?

We were asked if anyone wanted a photo stop and one person took advantage (I was kicking myself after saying no). Just wondered if it was you or not.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 May 2014, 6:13 pm #72
(04 May 2014, 6:10 pm)northern156 You weren't by chance on the TTX on the depot tour at around 11am this morning Dan, with a photo stop underneath the cherry blossom tree at the school in Dunston?

I was on that one, but it was Sean Blair who took advantage of the photo stop.
I couldn't be bothered to trek downstairs to come back upstairs again - esp. when, at the time, it looked like nobody else was getting off to take a photo.

FTAO: Photographers who attended the event...
#RalliesOnNEB is your hashtag on Flickr to appear on a special Photos tab! Wink
Dan
04 May 2014, 6:13 pm #72

(04 May 2014, 6:10 pm)northern156 You weren't by chance on the TTX on the depot tour at around 11am this morning Dan, with a photo stop underneath the cherry blossom tree at the school in Dunston?

I was on that one, but it was Sean Blair who took advantage of the photo stop.
I couldn't be bothered to trek downstairs to come back upstairs again - esp. when, at the time, it looked like nobody else was getting off to take a photo.

Malarkey

04 May 2014, 6:29 pm #73
I had a "Splendid" Day a the Rally, which started off on the Roundabout with Aureolin at 10:30am, I then had a slow walk up towards the GNE Buses, Stopping at the Model Stalls along the way, where I bought 2 MCW Metrobuses for £16 from Daves Diecast, I then continued on my Venture up the top, where I bumped into Anthony Armitage and Bazza, along with Gary Devlin.

I then headed back down the other side where I stopped at the Henry Cooper Coach "I think it was" where the Owner was selling a load of Go North East Models along with ones he had Repainted himself, I was rather impressed by the Route 19 Renown he did, which he was selling for £10 (Bazza ended up Buying it), whereas I on the other hand opted to Buy the Northern Metrobus and Wright Solar Fusion in it's original GNE Colours for £5 each, Dare say I got the better Deal despite regretting not buying the Route 19 Renown as it was simply superb as were the other Repaints, which I took a few photos of also.

After that I continued down towards the Shuttle Bus Stop, where I got on the Sunderland Corporation Bus to Tanfield Railway, which was a Really Nice Journey, this meant I missed the Ian Hignett Memorial, as when I came back I went to get something eat, and I didn't return until just after 1. I again walked up and back down before getting on 3833 and going round Dunston and Riverside with Ray Parnaby and I briefly seen Dan before I got on one of the other Shuttle Services, after that I decided head home.

Overall I had a Great Day I had a great day until I got back to Washington, where I ended up helping my Mother with the Shopping, only for me to leave bag on the 50, So I rang Customer Service to inform them and they got in touch with the Driver, who said he'd leave the Bag on the Bus so I could pick it up at Lambton Centre on the Return Journey, So I go up the Centre to wait for the 50, and what happens, you guessed it, The Driver took the Bag back to the Depot, This lead to me Biking it to Chester to get the Bag of Shopping, to which I was informed that it wasn't in the Depot, it was in fact in the Drivers Office on Chester Front Street above the Travel Office, You talk about bad Customer Service, this sums it up for me.

But nevertheless I am now going to sit and my SFC Boneless Chicken Box and Drink my Bottle Lucozade which I left on the Bus, and then Crack on with Uploading my Photos from Today before watch Match of the Day 2 followed by WWE Extreme Rules, quite looking forward to the WeeLC Match between Hornswoggle and El Torito, should be the Show Stealing Performance of the Night.
Malarkey
04 May 2014, 6:29 pm #73

I had a "Splendid" Day a the Rally, which started off on the Roundabout with Aureolin at 10:30am, I then had a slow walk up towards the GNE Buses, Stopping at the Model Stalls along the way, where I bought 2 MCW Metrobuses for £16 from Daves Diecast, I then continued on my Venture up the top, where I bumped into Anthony Armitage and Bazza, along with Gary Devlin.

I then headed back down the other side where I stopped at the Henry Cooper Coach "I think it was" where the Owner was selling a load of Go North East Models along with ones he had Repainted himself, I was rather impressed by the Route 19 Renown he did, which he was selling for £10 (Bazza ended up Buying it), whereas I on the other hand opted to Buy the Northern Metrobus and Wright Solar Fusion in it's original GNE Colours for £5 each, Dare say I got the better Deal despite regretting not buying the Route 19 Renown as it was simply superb as were the other Repaints, which I took a few photos of also.

After that I continued down towards the Shuttle Bus Stop, where I got on the Sunderland Corporation Bus to Tanfield Railway, which was a Really Nice Journey, this meant I missed the Ian Hignett Memorial, as when I came back I went to get something eat, and I didn't return until just after 1. I again walked up and back down before getting on 3833 and going round Dunston and Riverside with Ray Parnaby and I briefly seen Dan before I got on one of the other Shuttle Services, after that I decided head home.

Overall I had a Great Day I had a great day until I got back to Washington, where I ended up helping my Mother with the Shopping, only for me to leave bag on the 50, So I rang Customer Service to inform them and they got in touch with the Driver, who said he'd leave the Bag on the Bus so I could pick it up at Lambton Centre on the Return Journey, So I go up the Centre to wait for the 50, and what happens, you guessed it, The Driver took the Bag back to the Depot, This lead to me Biking it to Chester to get the Bag of Shopping, to which I was informed that it wasn't in the Depot, it was in fact in the Drivers Office on Chester Front Street above the Travel Office, You talk about bad Customer Service, this sums it up for me.

But nevertheless I am now going to sit and my SFC Boneless Chicken Box and Drink my Bottle Lucozade which I left on the Bus, and then Crack on with Uploading my Photos from Today before watch Match of the Day 2 followed by WWE Extreme Rules, quite looking forward to the WeeLC Match between Hornswoggle and El Torito, should be the Show Stealing Performance of the Night.

04 May 2014, 6:52 pm #74
(04 May 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan I was on that one, but it was Sean Blair who took advantage of the photo stop.

I was amongst the four enthusiasts right at the front of the top deck... Smile

735 photos, here we come! I can tell what my day tomorrow will consist of...

northern156
04 May 2014, 6:52 pm #74

(04 May 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan I was on that one, but it was Sean Blair who took advantage of the photo stop.

I was amongst the four enthusiasts right at the front of the top deck... Smile

735 photos, here we come! I can tell what my day tomorrow will consist of...

Adrian

04 May 2014, 7:11 pm #75
A really enjoyable day. Probably one of the best bus related days out I've had in a long time.

I was a bit keen this morning, and it started early, getting up at 6am. I was out the house and on Go North East's 0655 service 4 to Heworth, which was quite packed being a Sunday morning. Ended up getting to Heworth, and jumping on the 0722 Metro across to Gateshead, where I managed to just catch the 0740 49 to the Metrocentre, arriving about 10 to 8. Had a quick glance over the coach park from the bridge, and nothing much was happening. Just the stall with a blue roof being set up, and a few stewards hanging about. So I decided to chill out for a short while, grabbing a bite to eat from Subway, washed down with two Black coffees. That gave me a bit of a kick!

It got to about 0825 and I decided to head over to the coach park roundabout. Decided that if I stood on the Handy Drive side, I could see what's coming both ways, with the aim of catching some of the buses that tend to just sit and not move all day. This proved to be worth the 6am start. Smile

Ended up being outside the coach park until about 1030, at which time I'd decided most of what's going to turn up, has turned up. Had a wander up and down getting a few more shots, and then decided to go and get some lunch.

After lunch, I had a ride out on 1723 on service 3, all the way to Tanfield Railway and back. It was a really enjoyable run out, and it felt good to have a proper run on a Busways bus again. Once I got back, I had another wander round the coach park, got a few more shots, and then cleared off about 1420.

I met Adam Malarkey, who ended up standing at the roundabout with me for a bit. Also had a bit chat with Bazza, who looked to be enjoying himself as a rally steward for the day. Think I seen a few others from here, but wasn't 100% sure, so didn't say anything Tongue namely Gary Mitchelhill, Kuyoyo, and tyresmoke? Didn't see many others, but I take it a few people seen me if they drove in! Big Grin

P.s. photos from the day here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn...098734570/

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 May 2014, 7:11 pm #75

A really enjoyable day. Probably one of the best bus related days out I've had in a long time.

I was a bit keen this morning, and it started early, getting up at 6am. I was out the house and on Go North East's 0655 service 4 to Heworth, which was quite packed being a Sunday morning. Ended up getting to Heworth, and jumping on the 0722 Metro across to Gateshead, where I managed to just catch the 0740 49 to the Metrocentre, arriving about 10 to 8. Had a quick glance over the coach park from the bridge, and nothing much was happening. Just the stall with a blue roof being set up, and a few stewards hanging about. So I decided to chill out for a short while, grabbing a bite to eat from Subway, washed down with two Black coffees. That gave me a bit of a kick!

It got to about 0825 and I decided to head over to the coach park roundabout. Decided that if I stood on the Handy Drive side, I could see what's coming both ways, with the aim of catching some of the buses that tend to just sit and not move all day. This proved to be worth the 6am start. Smile

Ended up being outside the coach park until about 1030, at which time I'd decided most of what's going to turn up, has turned up. Had a wander up and down getting a few more shots, and then decided to go and get some lunch.

After lunch, I had a ride out on 1723 on service 3, all the way to Tanfield Railway and back. It was a really enjoyable run out, and it felt good to have a proper run on a Busways bus again. Once I got back, I had another wander round the coach park, got a few more shots, and then cleared off about 1420.

I met Adam Malarkey, who ended up standing at the roundabout with me for a bit. Also had a bit chat with Bazza, who looked to be enjoying himself as a rally steward for the day. Think I seen a few others from here, but wasn't 100% sure, so didn't say anything Tongue namely Gary Mitchelhill, Kuyoyo, and tyresmoke? Didn't see many others, but I take it a few people seen me if they drove in! Big Grin

P.s. photos from the day here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn...098734570/

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

mrnut85

04 May 2014, 7:54 pm #76
(04 May 2014, 7:11 pm)aureolin A really enjoyable day. Probably one of the best bus related days out I've had in a long time.

I believe bazza was removed from his position as a rally Marshall
mrnut85
04 May 2014, 7:54 pm #76

(04 May 2014, 7:11 pm)aureolin A really enjoyable day. Probably one of the best bus related days out I've had in a long time.

I believe bazza was removed from his position as a rally Marshall

Andreos1

04 May 2014, 10:01 pm #77

There are some good shots there - including the one that I have ruined :p

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 May 2014, 10:01 pm #77

There are some good shots there - including the one that I have ruined :p

Dan

Site Administrator

04 May 2014, 10:20 pm #78
(04 May 2014, 10:01 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There are some good shots there - including the one that I have ruined :p

At this point, everyone rummages through the photos to find out who NEB famous Andreos is! Tongue
Dan
04 May 2014, 10:20 pm #78

(04 May 2014, 10:01 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There are some good shots there - including the one that I have ruined :p

At this point, everyone rummages through the photos to find out who NEB famous Andreos is! Tongue

Andreos1

04 May 2014, 10:40 pm #79
(04 May 2014, 10:20 pm)Dan At this point, everyone rummages through the photos to find out who NEB famous Andreos is! Tongue

Haven't checked Malarkey's photos yet - may be in his too!
The shot aureolin has me in, is the shot I thought I would be in.

Andreos1
04 May 2014, 10:40 pm #79

(04 May 2014, 10:20 pm)Dan At this point, everyone rummages through the photos to find out who NEB famous Andreos is! Tongue

Haven't checked Malarkey's photos yet - may be in his too!
The shot aureolin has me in, is the shot I thought I would be in.

05 May 2014, 12:05 am #80
Spotted myself in this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn...4098734570

And looking at my photo of the same vehicle, I can see you photoing the rear of it in the background.
Edited 05 May 2014, 12:18 am by Rapidsnap.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
05 May 2014, 12:05 am #80

Spotted myself in this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn...4098734570

And looking at my photo of the same vehicle, I can see you photoing the rear of it in the background.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average