North East Buses

Full Version: Shoreline Suncruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
New for 'The Filey Flyer' 555 is ex-Stagecoach London Trident Y464NHK, purchased from Peoplebus of Liverpool.

Photo @ driffbus
does anyone know the fleet list of them i am going down next weekend would like to their buses
(21 Feb 2015, 4:07 pm)jaimzm Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know the fleet list of them i am going down next weekend would like to their buses

http://busfleetlists.wix.com/north-yorks...sers/c1lyi

Not sure how up-to date this is.
I havent looked at it yet but if it has ALX400 Y464 NHK on it then it must be pretty up to date asvit hasnt been in tge fleet that long.
(21 Feb 2015, 4:37 pm)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I havent looked at it yet but if it has ALX400 Y464 NHK on it then it must be pretty up to date asvit hasnt been in tge fleet that long.

thanks
Does anybody know the exact location of the Shoreline Suncruisers depot? After doing a bit of research, i can only find 'near East Ayton' and 'near Ugthorpe' but Ugthorpe is on the north side of Whitby so can't be up there. I just know it's not where the company is registered to (Stepney Drive).
(12 Apr 2015, 10:33 am)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know the exact location of the Shoreline Suncruisers depot? After doing a bit of research, i can only find 'near East Ayton' and 'near Ugthorpe' but Ugthorpe is on the north side of Whitby so can't be up there. I just know it's not where the company is registered to (Stepney Drive).
Spikers Hill Quarry, Cockrah Road, West Ayton.

YO13 9LB

In the middle of nowhere, park stuff allover the place mind.
(12 Apr 2015, 11:40 am)roar Wrote: [ -> ]Spikers Hill Quarry, Cockrah Road, West Ayton.

YO13 9LB

In the middle of nowhere, park stuff allover the place mind.

So its a canny drive into Scarborough then! Not that i would mind if i was driving one of the Metrobuses.
Their new depot is near The Mere. You will pass it on the left if you are coming out of Scarborough on the Northern Rail service to Hull. I am awaiting a fleet list from the company but as far as I know, M414 UNW, 530 MUY, R945 YOV, Y472 NHK, Y464 NHK, V182 OOE and J400 SSB are currently in operation.
Public Inquiry (51158) to be held at Hillcrest House, 386 Harehills Lane, LEEDS, LS9 6NF, on
10 September 2015 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication
(2208)
)
PB0001929          SN
JACK STEPHENSON & ROSEMARY ALISON STEPHENSON T/A SS SUNCRUISERS
Partner(s): ROSEMARY ALISON STEPHENSON , JACK STEPHENSON.
6 STEPNEY RISE  SCARBOROUGH YO12 5BP
PSV
-
S17
-
Consideration of disciplinary action under Sec
tion 17 (The Public
Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV
-
Sch.3
-
Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The
Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV
-
S28
-
Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act
(22 Aug 2015, 8:43 am)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]Public Inquiry (51158) to be held at Hillcrest House, 386 Harehills Lane, LEEDS, LS9 6NF, on
10 September 2015 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication
(2208)
)
PB0001929          SN
JACK STEPHENSON & ROSEMARY ALISON STEPHENSON T/A SS SUNCRUISERS
Partner(s): ROSEMARY ALISON STEPHENSON , JACK STEPHENSON.
6 STEPNEY RISE  SCARBOROUGH YO12 5BP
PSV
-
S17
-
Consideration of disciplinary action under Sec
tion 17 (The Public
Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV
-
Sch.3
-
Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The
Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV
-
S28
-
Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act

Is this a repeat of Howard Snaiths incident?
(22 Aug 2015, 4:50 pm)South Tyne Lad Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a repeat of Howard Snaiths incident?

It had better not be...
I always said there was something not right about this company. They always buy second hand buses when they would normally be withdrawn by the big companies. There is some agreement with the council that allows them to run buses that are too old for use on public service. They will be hit by the incoming law that requires step entrance buses to be withdrawn.
How do you work that out? Most small companies buy stuff that has been withdrawn by big companies. Step entrance deckers are legal til the end of next year.
(25 Aug 2015, 8:45 pm)BusSpotter Wrote: [ -> ]I always said there was something not right about this company. They always buy second hand buses when they would normally be withdrawn by the big companies. There is some agreement with the council that allows them to run buses that are too old for use on public service. They will be hit by the incoming law that requires step entrance buses to be withdrawn.

I think you'll find that with just about every independent operator who owns double deck vehicles. Weardale Motor Services and Nightgale Coaches both have a number of ex-Go North East Olympians.
But they are always buying second hand buses. They have never bought any buses from new. And they are running their services £1 per journey, any stop. Something up there, they can't be looking after their buses properly. Just trying to rival Scarborough & District. The buses are nice to photograph, but I'd ride on EYMS buses anytime compared to SS.
(28 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm)BusSpotter Wrote: [ -> ]But they are always buying second hand buses. They have never bought any buses from new. And they are running their services £1 per journey, any stop. Something up there, they can't be looking after their buses properly. Just trying to rival Scarborough & District. The buses are nice to photograph, but I'd ride on EYMS buses anytime compared to SS.

Not all bus companies can afford new buses.

Wish it was £1 per journey where i live...
(28 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm)BusSpotter Wrote: [ -> ]But they are always buying second hand buses. They have never bought any buses from new. And they are running their services £1 per journey, any stop. Something up there, they can't be looking after their buses properly. Just trying to rival Scarborough & District. The buses are nice to photograph, but I'd ride on EYMS buses anytime compared to SS.

Presumably by charging £1 they get more on. Been running plenty of years so must know what they're doing.
They only have the £1 'anywhere any stop' on their 777 service. It competes with EYMS (S&D) services 7/17 although it only does the Eastfield - Seamer Road - Scarborough section as opposed to the full loop.
I would get an Olympian for a quid instead of Prince Bishops solar anyday!
Pages: 1 2 3