North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 Oct 2021, 2:40 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Yes they should be.
Been told of 2 drivers lately that they ain't allowed
(13 Oct 2021, 9:56 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Can someone clear the confusion if GCT are allowing T&W Day rovers & Explorer ticket or not
Day rovers YES, Explorers should NOT be, but depends on driver
(13 Oct 2021, 9:16 pm)minibus1474 wrote [ -> ]Day rovers YES, Explorers should NOT be, but depends on driver

I'm struggling to see the logic as they're both Network One tickets, one simply includes outside of TW for an additional cost. Do Nexus/Network One know about/appreciate the selective acceptance of their ticketing range?
(13 Oct 2021, 9:16 pm)minibus1474 wrote [ -> ]Day rovers YES, Explorers should NOT be, but depends on driver

Why wouldn't they accept an explorer? I've almost definitely accepted explorer tickets bought on GCT buses.

Please note that the Explorer North East Ticket is NOT valid on:

– Go North East Seasider X11 service to Whitby/Scarborough
– Trains (except Sunderland to Blaydon rail line)
– East Yorkshire Buses
– National Express coaches
– Pre-booked coach tours
– Hadrian’s Wall service
– Moorbus services
– City sightseeing tours

https://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/explorer/
It's just a few driver recently have said they won't accept a Day rover or Explorer as its not valid.

I hope it isn't affecting GNE North Tyneside night services
(13 Oct 2021, 11:00 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]It's just a few driver recently have said they won't accept a Day rover or Explorer as its not valid.

I hope it isn't affecting GNE North Tyneside night services
No mention of Nexus or GCT on the ticket website though 

(14 Oct 2021, 8:25 am)RM2186 wrote [ -> ]No mention of Nexus or GCT on the ticket website though 

They are valid, so should be being accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to a driver yesterday on the 333. They only accept the ticket during the pandemic (when the tickets were valid on all buses)
(14 Oct 2021, 8:50 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]According to a driver yesterday on the 333. They only accept the ticket during the pandemic (when the tickets were valid on all buses)
Terms of condition state they are valid, anyone should challenge a driver who refuses to accept them.
(14 Oct 2021, 8:50 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]According to a driver yesterday on the 333. They only accept the ticket during the pandemic (when the tickets were valid on all buses)

Ask them if they issue the tickets. Then question why they are selling them, if they don't accept them.
(14 Oct 2021, 9:57 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Ask them if they issue the tickets. Then question why they are selling them, if they don't accept them.

I've had a Go North East driver attempt to refuse an Explorer because I bought it on an Arriva service, so that made it an Arriva Explorer and not a GNE one .....
(14 Oct 2021, 10:10 am)Ianthegoon wrote [ -> ]I've had a Go North East driver attempt to refuse an Explorer because I bought it on an Arriva service, so that made it an Arriva Explorer and not a GNE one .....
I've had that a few times but they accept it as soon as they see what ticket is
ive had arriva drivers look at me strangely when I've produced a day rover bought on a GNE service before. Never been refused travel or had to argue though
(14 Oct 2021, 9:09 am)54APhotography wrote [ -> ]Terms of condition state they are valid, anyone should challenge a driver who refuses to accept them.
I did. He said they only took them on during the pandemic
(14 Oct 2021, 10:10 am)Ianthegoon wrote [ -> ]I've had a Go North East driver attempt to refuse an Explorer because I bought it on an Arriva service, so that made it an Arriva Explorer and not a GNE one .....

Fortunately, I've never had that problem before.
I have had a GNE driver on a Nexus route (might have been the 37 when GNE had that), query the use of a GNE issued Day Rover though. 

'I dunno if I can accept that ticket'.
'why? You're a GNE driver, this is a ticket issued by one of your colleagues at the same depot, it's a Network Travel ticket fare, your employer and Nexus are part of the scheme'.
He looked at me, looked at the machine and told me and my eldest to sit down.
He didn't process my ticket and didn't bother looking at the eldests £1 CAT ticket.

Never had any issue prior to then or since.
if the ticket had the GNE logo on perhaps the GCT driver thought it was one of GNE own tickets like a purple zone ticket? From the response of the GCT driver it suggests this was the case??
(14 Oct 2021, 10:53 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]if the ticket had the GNE logo on perhaps the GCT driver thought it was one of GNE own tickets like a purple zone ticket? From the response of the GCT driver it suggests this was the case??
I even said yesterday. It's a T&W day rover and he said. Sorry not valid
Sound like he/she needs training on what tickets to accept then
Train8261 should be able to remember when I had a issue with a Arriva driver over my expolar bought on the go north east app. Only issues I’ve had with a Gateshead Central Taxis drivers are over taking photos
(14 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm)ThomasBooth123 wrote [ -> ]Train8261 should be able to remember when I had a issue with a Arriva driver over my expolar bought on the go north east app. Only issues I’ve had with a Gateshead Central Taxis drivers are over taking photos
Ah yea after the Durham rally