North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14 Oct 2021, 10:13 am)Train8261 Wrote: [ -> ]I did. He said they only took them on during the pandemic
He's wrong, either deliberately , which would suggest some edict to force customers to pay again, or the company needs to sort its act out re ticket training.
(14 Oct 2021, 3:51 pm)54APhotography Wrote: [ -> ]He's wrong, either deliberately , which would suggest some edict to force customers to pay again, or the company needs to sort its act out re ticket training.
True. Also on the subject. Isn't the 333 meant to be free due it being a shuttle service for the ferry
(14 Oct 2021, 3:55 pm)Train8261 Wrote: [ -> ]True. Also on the subject. Isn't the 333 meant to be free due it being a shuttle service for the ferry

Well yeah, if you got the Ferry your ticket would be valid on the 333 after.
(14 Oct 2021, 8:34 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]They are valid, so should be being accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No mention of Central Taxis of Gateshead or Nexus Bus, on explorer website/Network One.  They cannot be sold on GCT buses, and there is no Explorer pass button on machine to accept them.  Ticket Machines are setup by Nexus.  Day Rover/Junior Rovers can be sold on GCT.

When GNE had the 23 & W2, GNE tickets wern't valid, and is said so on Timetable pages at the time

On a similar note, Are N Tyne tickets valid To Cramlington on 42 or to Dinnington/Airport/Kingston Park on 42A.  GNE app map is poor, but it looks like A19/A1 is the boundary (Except for Q3 to Great Park).  Customer services also say that N TYNE tickets aren't valid beyond A1/A19, but drivers sell them as returns to Kingston Park

(14 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm)deanmachine Wrote: [ -> ]Well yeah, if you got the Ferry your ticket would be valid on the 333 after.
Any ticket that is valid on Ferry is also valid on 333
(14 Oct 2021, 9:00 pm)minibus1474 Wrote: [ -> ]No mention of Central Taxis of Gateshead or Nexus Bus, on explorer website/Network One.  They cannot be sold on GCT buses, and there is no Explorer pass button on machine to accept them.  Ticket Machines are setup by Nexus.  Day Rover/Junior Rovers can be sold on GCT.

It is the responsibility of the bus operator to set up ticket machines, not Nexus.

Gateshead Central Taxis should be selling and accepting this ticket range. It is ridiculous to even suggest that Day Rovers are accepted but a related ticket (Explorer) under the same body is not.

This is a mistake of the company, and clearly drivers are being misinformed.

Clearly this will also affect evening journeys on Go North East’s daytime services, where this ticket range is definitely accepted. Perhaps further investigation with Nexus is required, if it is reported to them.

(14 Oct 2021, 9:00 pm)minibus1474 Wrote: [ -> ]When GNE had the 23 & W2, GNE tickets wern't valid, and is said so on Timetable pages at the time
This is a completely different situation.

The Explorer ticket isn’t a Go North East ticket, so was valid on the 23 and W2 when they operated these services, even if their own commercial products were not.

(14 Oct 2021, 9:59 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]This is a completely different situation.

The Explorer ticket isn’t a Go North East ticket, so was valid on the 23 and W2 when they operated these services, even if their own commercial products were not.

On a slightly related note, are GNE tickets still not accepted on the Cathedral bus, a year or two back I tried to use it and was told I couldn't use my ticket, despite that not being mentioned anywhere on the GNE website.
(14 Oct 2021, 9:00 pm)minibus1474 Wrote: [ -> ]Any ticket that is valid on Ferry is also valid on 333

Like an Explorer...
(14 Oct 2021, 11:28 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]On a slightly related note, are GNE tickets still not accepted on the Cathedral bus, a year or two back I tried to use it and was told I couldn't use my ticket, despite that not being mentioned anywhere on the GNE website.

No, Durham County Council don’t permit the use of the operators own tickets on the Cathedral Bus.

(14 Oct 2021, 9:00 pm)minibus1474 Wrote: [ -> ]No mention of Central Taxis of Gateshead or Nexus Bus, on explorer website/Network One.  They cannot be sold on GCT buses, and there is no Explorer pass button on machine to accept them.  Ticket Machines are setup by Nexus.  Day Rover/Junior Rovers can be sold on GCT.

When GNE had the 23 & W2, GNE tickets wern't valid, and is said so on Timetable pages at the time

On a similar note, Are N Tyne tickets valid To Cramlington on 42 or to Dinnington/Airport/Kingston Park on 42A.  GNE app map is poor, but it looks like A19/A1 is the boundary (Except for Q3 to Great Park).  Customer services also say that N TYNE tickets aren't valid beyond A1/A19, but drivers sell them as returns to Kingston Park

Any ticket that is valid on Ferry is also valid on 333

The map has just been extended and now can use up to cramlington and Ashington
SNS and MS are withdrawn after today. A board at Sunderland Interchange at stand R says that the MS & SNS will not run after the 16th of October
Not surprised tbh - carrying fresh air when they've passed me.
Had a trip on the 335 today,and i have to say,really handy and i like it alot,however,the bus was empty,can't help but think it wont last,and will more than like be reverted to its old Route
So GCT are meant to have Ferry Replacement till 1pm today. Not a single bus is tracking and a driver at North Shields has asked why one hasn't turned up
Update. There using the little taxi buses that are used in Gateshead on the TB routes with there only being 1
Apparently there is a decker on but no sing of it
Does anyone know if the GCT operated Tesco Free Buses in Kingston Park still operate?

Thank you.
(10 Dec 2021, 12:52 am)OrangeArrow49 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if the GCT operated Tesco Free Buses in Kingston Park still operate?

Thank you.
No they don't
(11 Dec 2021, 9:18 am)ifm001 Wrote: [ -> ]No they don't

Since when? They are still on the Nexus website and bustimes.org, as well on the bus stop timetables. Nothing has replaced them. I though GCT just weren't bothering to run them.

At least there is the M71 for Westerhope, but nowhere else.
(11 Dec 2021, 11:15 am)OrangeArrow49 Wrote: [ -> ]Since when? They are still on the Nexus website and bustimes.org, as well on the bus stop timetables. Nothing has replaced them. I though GCT just weren't bothering to run them.

At least there is the M71 for Westerhope, but nowhere else.
I'm almost certain that Tesco cancelled all the free buses that operators around the country ran