North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 Aug 2014, 11:26 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What Andreos said here tells me, at least in the case of the 37, that it appears deliberate that they miss Biddick Woods. I'm to the opinion that it's impossible to say for definite whether someone is waiting from the bus, by judging it from the main road roundabout. Drivers round here usually seem to miss me until the last minute, despite my hand being held out, as they over shoot the stop by a good 10-15 yards...

Whilst GCT management are ultimately responsible if their drivers aren't fulfilling the route in full, I reckon that it's equally down to Nexus to monitor new services. It'd be interesting to see their records of how regularly they've been monitored.

I just hope this is not another case of 'We can find no abnormalities with this service'.....!
(31 Aug 2014, 11:28 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I just hope this is not another case of 'We can find no abnormalities with this service'.....!

They are also unreliable. The 558 the other week was 15 minutes late which is unacceptable for a Sunday. Were GNE like that or not?
(31 Aug 2014, 11:28 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I just hope this is not another case of 'We can find no abnormalities with this service'.....!

More than likely. Might be worth an FOI if anyone fancies doing it...

(31 Aug 2014, 11:31 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]They are also unreliable. The 558 the other week was 15 minutes late which is unacceptable for a Sunday. Were GNE like that or not?

Report it to Nexus - customerservices@nexus.org.uk
(31 Aug 2014, 11:31 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]They are also unreliable. The 558 the other week was 15 minutes late which is unacceptable for a Sunday. Were GNE like that or not?

I'm fairly sure GNE's runs on the 558 managed to keep to time alright (at least on the occasions I've seen them near Seaburn, this has been the case).

Timings on Nexus-secured services are renowned for being optimistic though.
(31 Aug 2014, 11:26 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What Andreos said here tells me, at least in the case of the 37, that it appears deliberate that they miss Biddick Woods. I'm to the opinion that it's impossible to say for definite whether someone is waiting from the bus, by judging it from the main road roundabout. Drivers round here usually seem to miss me until the last minute, despite my hand being held out, as they over shoot the stop by a good 10-15 yards...

Whilst GCT management are ultimately responsible if their drivers aren't fulfilling the route in full, I reckon that it's equally down to Nexus to monitor new services. It'd be interesting to see their records of how regularly they've been monitored.

There is no way in the world, that the driver can determine if someone is wanting that bus, unless they are standing there and in a clear line of sight of the roundabout.
It is entirely feasible that someone will be walking towards the bus stop, crossing the road towards the bus stop - and wanting the bus, but how can the driver determine whether they want the bus or not?
The only way, is to enter the estate.

Tempted to stand at the stop on one or two occasions to see if the bus calls in.
Obviously I won't be wanting it and will just wave it past Wink
(31 Aug 2014, 11:38 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]There is no way in the world, that the driver can determine if someone is wanting that bus, unless they are standing there and in a clear line of sight of the roundabout.
It is entirely feasible that someone will be walking towards the bus stop, crossing the road towards the bus stop - and wanting the bus, but how can the driver determine whether they want the bus or not?
The only way, is to enter the estate.

Tempted to stand at the stop on one or two occasions to see if the bus calls in.
Obviously I won't be wanting it and will just wave it past Wink

Does this sort of thing happen regularly in Fencehouses?!
(31 Aug 2014, 11:42 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Does this sort of thing happen regularly in Fencehouses?!

Maybe if a 4 comes and someone is wanting a 71 - I imagine it happens most places :s
Joining orange base liveried President LR52KVW is white liveried examples LR52KVX/KVY.
(01 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Joining orange base liveried President LR52KVW is white liveried examples LR52KVX/KVY.

They still dont have enough though?
(01 Sep 2014, 2:11 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]They still dont have enough though?

Assuming they're only doing the only doing the morning or afternoon for the services you mentioned, they'd need at least five (four plus one spare).

If no further vehicles arrive, or indeed if just one more arrives, I'd suggest that Go North East may have been awarded the contracts instead.
(01 Sep 2014, 2:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Assuming they're only doing the only doing the morning or afternoon for the services you mentioned, they'd need at least five (four plus one spare).

If no further vehicles arrive, or indeed if just one more arrives, I'd suggest that Go North East may have been awarded the contracts instead.

Should be two orange ones I understand, from Webberbus. That would give them four.

EDIT: From the services they've registered, I reckon they only need 3 deckers...

// Morning
877 0800 Lead Road Greenside > Thorp Academy Ryton 0830

542 0735 Low Simonside > Boldon Asda 0812
803 0820 West Boldon Bank Top > Whitburn C of E School 0845

878 0805 Kirkwood Gardens Wardley > Cardinal Hume School Wrekenton 0835

// Afternoon
821 1505 St Josephs RC Hebburn > Durham Drive Fellgate 1530

824 1505 St Josephs RC Hebburn > South Shields Market 1540

874 1520 Lord Lawson Comp Birtley > Kibblesworth Square 1556
Had a look at Nexus school/work services earlier (as you can tell above)... GCT are operating these services...

939 0640 Concord - Team Valley
939 1738 Team Valley - Concord
941 0640 Newcastle - Team Valley
941 0710 Newcastle - Team Valley
941 1715 Team Valley - General Hosp
90 1735 Team Valley - Winlaton
90 1810 Team Valley - Winlaton
(01 Sep 2014, 6:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Had a look at Nexus school/work services earlier (as you can tell above)... GCT are operating these services...

939 0640 Concord - Team Valley
939 1738 Team Valley - Concord
941 0640 Newcastle - Team Valley
941 0710 Newcastle - Team Valley
941 1715 Team Valley - General Hosp
90 1735 Team Valley - Winlaton
90 1810 Team Valley - Winlaton

With Tridents?
(01 Sep 2014, 6:28 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]With Tridents?

Not sure depends what they work onto I guess. Given they'll be Nexus "misc" boards I would bet quite highly that they will be mixed in with the schools so I would imagine it will be.
The 90s and 941s have been operated with minibuses, think they run offsome of the R3-R6 boards
Looking at today's VOSA registration by GNE for the 874 and 878 I wonder if GCT have lost these two contracts.
(01 Sep 2014, 7:50 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Looking at today's VOSA registration by GNE for the 874 and 878 I wonder if GCT have lost these two contracts.

If you look you'll find the 874 is the morning run, GCT are doing the afternoon.
(01 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]If you look you'll find the 874 is the morning run, GCT are doing the afternoon.

It does baffle me why they split scholars services between operators on a morning and afternoon. I'd say the administration of doing it this way probably outweighs the cost of putting it on the same contract.
(01 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]It does baffle me why they split scholars services between operators on a morning and afternoon. I'd say the administration of doing it this way probably outweighs the cost of putting it on the same contract.

I suppose it makes no difference to the end users (the kids) as they all pay the Nexus single fare whatever it is (80p now?) or use their passes. Indeed I don't get why they can't put the same services on an am/pm board, but there must be some reason?
Was using the 939 tonight and was taxibus NX13 EJE it had a full load when it came into Washington Galleries but was only 3 on when it left