North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm)Andy wrote [ -> ]Was using the 939 tonight and was taxibus NX13 EJE it had a full load when it came into Washington Galleries but was only 3 on when it left
I couldn't think of nowt worse than being stuck in a taxi with strangers.
(01 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm)Andy wrote [ -> ]Was using the 939 tonight and was taxibus NX13 EJE it had a full load when it came into Washington Galleries but was only 3 on when it left
Bang out of order.
The PM 939s have always been normal buses.

Just looked on aureolin's tender document and these 939s work onto/off taxibus services and as such are always allocated taxis.
The 939 is a bus service - not a taxibus service.
Cost-cutting by Nexus gone too far? I wonder if usage has declined since taxis have been allocated?
(02 Sep 2014, 6:04 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Bang out of order.
The PM 939s have always been normal buses.

Just looked on aureolin's tender document and these 939s work onto/off taxibus services and as such are always allocated taxis.
The 939 is a bus service - not a taxibus service.
Cost-cutting by Nexus gone too far? I wonder if usage has declined since taxis have been allocated?

Thought they could interwork with a 37/73 or even 515/558
There was 12 reg Bluebird on 515 this afternoon.
(03 Sep 2014, 12:26 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]There is also one on the 558 today.

515/558 Interwork
(03 Sep 2014, 1:15 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]515/558 Interwork

minibus1474's sighting was yesterday - AIG20's was today.
My response from Nexus earlier today

Good morning Andreos,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Nexus concerning the services which are operated by Central Taxis Gateshead.

I am aware of reports received from other sources, of allegations that the 37 had been failing to operate into Biddick Woods Estate. There is no excuse for the driver failing to serve the stop as it is registered with the Traffic Commissioner to operate into the estate. I have contacted the Operations Manager at Central instructing them to ensure all drivers are fully aware of the requirement to operate the whole route correctly. In addition, both myself and a colleague have spent time between us this week observing the service to see what route the bus takes. I’m pleased to say that on the observed trips the bus operated correctly.

I will however contact Central again with the specific dates and times that you give in your email and instruct the Operations Manager to investigate respond to me.

Generally, in the early weeks of operation a number of cases of drivers operating incorrectly were identified and all of these have been raised by my manager with the management at Central, though it is interesting to read that you have seen anomalies recently. Please can you advise what part of the 73 and 515 that you saw operate the wrong route?

I will schedule some time to observe the 37 again soon to observe how the service operates and I will respond to you once I receive I receive the outcome of Central’s investigations.

Thanks again for your email

I have read about 30 pages of you's lot slagging of GCT, answer me this, what joy do you get out of going into great detail about a bus company? I certainly couldn't be bothered to explain how the fart was brewed, how it smelt and which way it blew, i speak for a fair few people here when i say this, STOP BEING SAD BUS SPOTTERS AND PICKING UP ON STUPID PATHETIC THINGS, comment about there achievements and the direction they are going in, its not all about the things that piss you off, there is a reason why you stand and take photos of buses and thats because you cant pass a test and drive a bus yourself. Yes not everyone is perfect and i agree there is room for improvement but for god sake every time i come on here its all bad karma, stop being so negative everyone deserves a chance and give them a chance to prove themselves, believe me i wish i could achieve what they have in such a short space of time. Now i am as fond of buses as the next guy but i certainly don't go on like some of you lot i have a few good friends on here and they will tell you exactly the same.
(04 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm)Busman1 wrote [ -> ]I have read about 30 pages of you's lot slagging of GCT, answer me this, what joy do you get out of going into great detail about a bus company? I certainly couldn't be bothered to explain how the fart was brewed, how it smelt and which way it blew, i speak for a fair few people here when i say this, STOP BEING SAD BUS SPOTTERS AND PICKING UP ON STUPID PATHETIC THINGS, comment about there achievements and the direction they are going in, its not all about the things that piss you off, there is a reason why you stand and take photos of buses and thats because you cant pass a test and drive a bus yourself. Yes not everyone is perfect and i agree there is room for improvement but for god sake every time i come on here its all bad karma, stop being so negative everyone deserves a chance and give them a chance to prove themselves, believe me i wish i could achieve what they have in such a short space of time. Now i am as fond of buses as the next guy but i certainly don't go on like some of you lot i have a few good friends on here and they will tell you exactly the same.

1) Is providing bluebirds on a public service acceptable?
2) They should have learnt route prior to operating it. Would you see a GNE or ANE bus missing out parts of a route, no!
(04 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm)Busman1 wrote [ -> ]I have read about 30 pages of you's lot slagging of GCT, answer me this, what joy do you get out of going into great detail about a bus company? I certainly couldn't be bothered to explain how the fart was brewed, how it smelt and which way it blew, i speak for a fair few people here when i say this, STOP BEING SAD BUS SPOTTERS AND PICKING UP ON STUPID PATHETIC THINGS, comment about there achievements and the direction they are going in, its not all about the things that piss you off, there is a reason why you stand and take photos of buses and thats because you cant pass a test and drive a bus yourself. Yes not everyone is perfect and i agree there is room for improvement but for god sake every time i come on here its all bad karma, stop being so negative everyone deserves a chance and give them a chance to prove themselves, believe me i wish i could achieve what they have in such a short space of time. Now i am as fond of buses as the next guy but i certainly don't go on like some of you lot i have a few good friends on here and they will tell you exactly the same.

Sorry, I couldn't take anything that you wrote seriously, after spotting your childish insults. Are you incapable of making a point without pathetic name calling?

Nice logic about photographers though. Perhaps people watch TV because they can't gain the qualifications to be presenters themselves? Or maybe people drink in pubs because they're too sad to brew their own ale? Who knows...

You will have seen me talk about my optimism for GCT in amongst those 30 pages then.

But, not fancying a walk of a mile+ next time I am on the 37, I thought it prudent to let people know.
I imagine others who have had issues, had similar thoughts.

But hey, we're just taxpaying bus spotters who want a decent service.
If members of Gateshead Central Taxis staff are members of this forum, constructive criticism is key to the company delivering improvements to their network of services and potentially allowing for further expansion.

We all have our different opinions on Gateshead Central Taxis (as is the case with Go North East, Arriva North East, Jim Hughes, etc), both positive and negative, and there's no ruling on here to suggest we cannot express these opinions.

Some of the things we've complained about is directly as a result of the company's actions (ie missing out part of a route); however, some are down to the party that has secured the services which the company operates (in this case: Nexus). Taxis operating on public bus services are down to the contract specification as set by Nexus; if we have any issues with taxis operating on these services (due to confusion caused or due to high loadings), then we ought to get in touch with Nexus.
How about you all go out and find a girlfriend shag her stupid and get on with reality and stop being sad bus perverts
I bet you all sit and knock one off the wrist wen you find out something new
(05 Sep 2014, 1:06 pm)Busman1 wrote [ -> ]How about you all go out and find a girlfriend shag her stupid and get on with reality and stop being sad bus perverts

I have a life, maybe you should get one to, instead of doing stupid little insults over a keyboard
So have i, fast cars and fast women living life to the max giving grief to bus pervs is just a small portion of things i love to do
(05 Sep 2014, 1:31 pm)Busman1 wrote [ -> ]So have i, fast cars and fast women living life to the max giving grief to bus pervs is just a small portion of things i love to do

Have you not got a fast bus like?
(05 Sep 2014, 1:31 pm)Busman1 wrote [ -> ]So have i, fast cars and fast women living life to the max giving grief to bus pervs is just a small portion of things i love to do

You must be a bus perv to then, if your on here?
(05 Sep 2014, 1:09 pm)Busman1 wrote [ -> ]I bet you all sit and knock one off the wrist wen you find out something new

What is your problem
(05 Sep 2014, 1:41 pm)jaimz13 wrote [ -> ]What is your problem

he can't get a hard on, hence why he is saying we all wank ourselves silly?