North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Sep 2014, 3:48 pm)AdamY Wrote: [ -> ]I like trolls.

Trolling can be fun if done subtlety over time and others are 'in' on the joke.

However, signing up to an internet forum just to mock people over the course of a few hours is rather boring and ineffective (in terms of trolling).

Try harder!

(05 Sep 2014, 2:07 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]Judging by the fact you chose the GCT thread out of all the threads on the forum (and the content of your initial post actually), makes me think you're associated with them.

I wonder if there's such thing as a Social Media policy with these smaller firms?
(05 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if there's such thing as a Social Media policy with these smaller firms?

You'd hope so, but failing that, Nexus will certainly have a code of conduct that they expect their contractors to adhere to. Anonymity on the Internet is a great thing, unless you're crap at it!
(05 Sep 2014, 2:24 pm)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]I'm stuggling to understand your logic here. You imply that everyone who has an interest in buses is a "freak". Why? How? On what basis did you come to that conclusion?

Everyone is different and everyone has their own interests, and it so happens to be that buses and other forms of public transport are ours. You also call bus enthusiasm "weird". Alright, it may not be the most common interest in the world, but calling it weird is a bit ignorant of you.

I, and many other members of the forum, respect GCT a lot for wanting to take on new ventures. It's always great to see small firms wanting to expand their businesses. So that point about us "singling out a company that's proving
Oh, and by the way, I also have a hectic social life away from the buses. I'm 18 and do go out partying/clubbing quite often, and my friends couldn't really give a stuff if I'm interested in buses or not. So there's proof that we're not all sad little individuals who have no social life. You'd be surprised how many other similar cases their are.

And to finish off, I shall leave you with a quote from the good old philosopher Aristotle: "To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing".
That reminds me i need a new anorak as its getting cold these days and need to keep warm and some where to keep my notebooks Big Grin
(05 Sep 2014, 6:57 pm)BUSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]That reminds me i need a new anorak as its getting cold these days and need to keep warm and some where to keep my notebooks Big Grin

Are you being serious?
Busman1 has converted me, with his passionate opinions.
Off to buy a fast bike, find a fast woman, learn how to spell poorly and register on forums, to dish out abuse.
The pain in my right wrist won't ease off, due to the incessant riding of my bike - but swings and roundabouts..

Let's all be like busman1, it is the future! Big Grin
(05 Sep 2014, 6:57 pm)BUSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]That reminds me i need a new anorak as its getting cold these days and need to keep warm and some where to keep my notebooks Big Grin

If I were trolling, I'd find it simpler to have one notebook and have loads of tabs open in (insert web-browser here) to keep track of my witty observations and comments on the forums and message boards I've targeted. Buying more than one notebook is a waste of money in my opinion.
Well this amused me.

I bet if Busman1 indeed had a fast bike, he'd attempt to operate fast bike on a GCT Scholars Service....
(05 Sep 2014, 7:32 pm)AdamY Wrote: [ -> ]If I were trolling, I'd find it simpler to have one notebook and have loads of tabs open in (insert web-browser here) to keep track of my witty observations and comments on the forums and message boards I've targeted. Buying more than one notebook is a waste of money in my opinion.
That makes me feel old :si mean a notebook that requires a pen to write on the pages within as us bus freaks need to keep track of our objects of desire Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Drove into Biddick Woods earlier and there was someone waiting for the 37.
She was standing in the shelter, but I didn't see her (despite making an effort), until I was more or less parallel with the stop.
No idea how the drivers can see from the main road!
Anyone know how much a Single or a Day Ticket is with GCT from Washington Galleries to Doxford Park, As I have 2 Job Interviews up there Tomorrow.
(14 Sep 2014, 1:05 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how much a Single or a Day Ticket is with GCT from Washington Galleries to Doxford Park, As I have 2 Job Interviews up there Tomorrow.

They don't do day tickets or returns, and I'm not sure what price it is for a single. I wouldn't have thought it would be more than £6.90 for two singles though, which is what a Day Rover would cost you.
(14 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]They don't do day tickets or returns, and I'm not sure what price it is for a single. I wouldn't have thought it would be more than £6.90 for two singles though, which is what a Day Rover would cost you.

I'll take a guess at £2.10?
(14 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]They don't do day tickets or returns, and I'm not sure what price it is for a single. I wouldn't have thought it would be more than £6.90 for two singles though, which is what a Day Rover would cost you.

Think i'll get a Red/Purple and go via Houghton on the X1, Then get the X35 from there to Doxford Park, rather than complicate things by using GCT and then waiting around for an Hour if I miss the 37.
(14 Sep 2014, 7:56 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]Think i'll get a Red/Purple and go via Houghton on the X1, Then get the X35 from there to Doxford Park, rather than complicate things by using GCT and then waiting around for an Hour if I miss the 37.

Upgrade to £6.90 then you can get either the 37 or the X35/X1?
Had another response from Nexus in a follow up to the initial complaint re the 37/Biddick Woods.

The guy at Nexus gave quite detailed feedback and mentioned there had been another complaint or two about the service not completing its full route.

Haven't been about much locally over the last week or two, but have missed the 37 by a few mins on two occasions recently, as it came along the new road. 
(15 Sep 2014, 5:50 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]Had another response from Nexus in a follow up to the initial complaint re the 37/Biddick Woods.

The guy at Nexus gave quite detailed feedback and mentioned there had been another complaint or two about the service not completing its full route.

Haven't been about much locally over the last week or two, but have missed the 37 by a few mins on two occasions recently, as it came along the new road. 

Can we see it?
(15 Sep 2014, 5:55 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Can we see it?

Don't say I don't give you owt! Wink

Quote:Apologies for the time taken to respond but I have been awaiting the result of the investigation by the operator of the 37.

We actually received another complaint from a regular passenger of the service who was waiting for the 37 to arrive at Biddick Woods in the same incident that you referred to me. These two complaints were put to the operator (Central Taxis Gateshead) who have formally spoken with the driver involved. Additionally, all drivers of the service have been reminded of the need to serve the estate on all trips.

I would hope and expect that there will be no further repeats of this, but if there are, please do not hesitate to get in touch again.

Regards
(15 Sep 2014, 5:57 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't say I don't give you owt! Wink

Cheers Big Grin
Lets hope they learn from it. 
(15 Sep 2014, 5:57 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers Big Grin

Let's hope Busman1 doesn't get angry.
(15 Sep 2014, 5:57 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers Big Grin

Two formal responses from the guy at Nexus and a small conversation inbetween - plus the content of the emails, seem to indicate Nexus are taking these things seriously.

Have never had the same open dialogue in the past with operators, when discussing an issue from a customer perspective.
Generally, you complain - you get an acknowledgement denying the incident/issue happened OR saying something will be done.
There is never a conversation or follow up (not in my experience anyway).

Kudos to the guy at Nexus
(15 Sep 2014, 6:01 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope Busman1 doesn't get angry.

Maybe I should call him and let him know? Big Grin