North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PB1099280/27 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between KIRKWOOD GARDENS, WARDLEY and CARDINAL HUME SCHOOL, WREKENTON given service number 878 effective from 22-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.
Does Gateshead Central Taxis have a Social Media policy?

I note an employee has broadcasted on Facebook that he has been 'bollocked' from the company's Operations Manager - all of which ties in with a complaint that Nexus is now involved in: a child being refused travel because he only had a £5 note (though the driver seems to think it's because the child gave him 'abuse' a few days beforehand!)

I'm guessing GCT's buses will be fitted with CCTV which will assist Nexus to determine who is telling the truth in their investigation? Smile
Eagerly chased after the e200 working the 37 this evening at about 1700, despite the best efforts of the old couple in front of me going as slow as they could in their Fiat Panda.

Pleased to report it went into Biddick Woods, despite nobody wanting to be on or off.
Dan can I just add that I work with the said driver and he did not actually refuse the said child and he walked away on his own he cannot grab the child and force him to board the bus and no they don't currently have a social media policy and if you have a problem with the driver why don't you contact him directly as you have obviously seen his post yourself and he will explain exactly what happened like he told me instead of putting it on a forum for all to see as surely you are aware that you can also get done for posting what you have as false accusations many thanks
(30 Sep 2014, 11:07 am)Sampler2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Dan can I just add that I work with the said driver and he did not actually refuse the said child and he walked away on his own he cannot grab the child and force him to board the bus  and no they don't currently have a social media policy and if you have a problem with the driver why don't you contact him directly as you have obviously seen his post yourself and he will explain exactly what happened like he told me  instead of putting it on a forum for all to see as surely you are aware that you can also get done for posting what you have as false accusations many thanks

Sampler2013, would you mind sending me a PM with reasoning as to why you have reported my post as 'inappropriate content'? As an administrator of this website, I assisted in the creation of the forum's rules, and I can't think of which rule I appear to have broken with my post above... Thanks in advance.

It is a shame that Gateshead Central Taxis does not have a Social Media policy, especially when most, if not all, of the company's bus operations, are secured by a third party (and the company is therefore representing these third parties).
I'd argue that if a company has a Social Media policy in place, employees are less likely to publish unwarranted posts on the public domain. As a customer, I don't wish to learn that an employee is in trouble with his/her boss. However, it would mean that those responsible for creating this policy would have to practice what they preach... 

I do not have a problem with the driver - indeed I'm not particularly clued up on who he is - but I know a few of his former colleagues are less than impressed with his alleged actions as of late, and this information is being published on the public domain for all to see. In addition to the previous complaint, it would seem that the Gateshead Central Taxis employee in question has been accused of recently driving past one of his former colleagues' wives, who was intending to travel and was consequently late for work. Thankfully, all of these complaints are being reported to Nexus Customer Services by those who were affected by this driver's alleged actions, and Nexus is undertaking an investigation with Gateshead Central Taxis' Operation Manager. If what is said is true, which the driver is unlikely to admit to one of his fellow colleagues (as an outsider, his alleged actions do seem rather petty), Nexus will expect that the company will take the appropriate action, as a negative representation of the party who is securing the service isn't particularly good!

I do feel somewhat obliged to have a positive spin to what is, by and large, a negative post... By no means can I tar all of Gateshead Central Taxis' employees with the same brush as I have painted this picture with. To enthusiasts, a large number of the company's employees are well-mannered and friendly. It's very nice to see drivers giving photographers a friendly wave, and even permitting them to enter their depot to take photographs. It's just disappointing to see a company - who is clearly making an attempt to grow into a rather prosperous business in the industry - making bad choices which impact on the customer.

One thing I must say about you... At least you were a bit more civilised than Busman1! Wink 
To be honest this guy has had a lot to deal with recently and I would also like to point out that I have indeed had a word with him about using facebook and what he has put on there and to keep it toned down however a few of his former colleagues which I am included as being one too do seem to think he is a grass however I have thought of him as being straight as if not a bit to upfront with some of the things said but I must ask with whom are you speaking to as regards of the said employee??
And as regarding the former colleagues wife he told me this morning that he had already apologised for the incident as it is his last week working for gateshead central and I also know as I am on the same rota of sorts that the lines are very taxing as well as the duties!
(30 Sep 2014, 4:36 pm)Sampler2013 Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest this guy has had a lot to deal with recently and I would also like to point out that I have indeed had a word with him about using facebook and what he has put on there and to keep it toned down however a few of his former colleagues which I am included as being one too do seem to think he is a grass however I have thought of him as being straight as if not a bit to upfront with some of the things said but I must ask with whom are you speaking to as regards of the said employee??
I'm not speaking to anyone... This is all on Facebook - a discussion between a good number of folks...
You are clearly speaking with people from Go North East or you are obviously trolling this guys facebook page as you wouldn't be able to see these things I myself had to add the employee to speak to him through messager !!
(30 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm)Sampler2013 Wrote: [ -> ]You are clearly speaking with people from Go North East or you are obviously trolling this guys facebook page as you wouldn't be able to see these things I myself had to add the employee to speak to him through messager !!

Think you are just accusing him for the sake of it now, i strongly suggest that you stop commenting on this thread before something bad happens.
(30 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Think you are just accusing him for the sake of it now, i strongly suggest that you stop commenting on this thread before something bad happens.

I know it's probably not meant to be taken as such, but the bit in bold sounds like a threat.
(30 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Think you are just accusing him for the sake of it now, i strongly suggest that you stop commenting on this thread before something bad happens.

He's more than entitled to comment - after all this is a public forum for everyone to use.

My original post was originally a rather tongue in cheek remark for Busman1 regarding the Social Media policy, should he be viewing as a guest, given posts I'd seen on Facebook earlier that day relating to the company and given Busman1's earlier posts too.
The incidents which Nexus are investigating weren't the main subject of my posts, though it does seem to be what Sampler2013 is dwelling on - in an attempt to defend the employee which these alleged complaints have been made against.

Like I say, I'm not at all interested in the complaints (got nothing to do with me - nor has his past with his former colleagues), just wanted to know what the current  state of affairs were with GCT's policies were, is all!  Angel
If that's the way you feel robert bring it on I'm only stating facts at the end of it!! Someone must be spreading around rumours as I myself have had great pleasure working with the employee in question for two companies now and find him to be a good lad in general perhaps if people actually spoke to drivers properly and didn't slag them then both he and busman would be much happier in their job!!
(30 Sep 2014, 7:20 pm)Sampler2013 Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the way you feel robert bring it on I'm only stating facts at the end of it!! Someone must be spreading around rumours as I myself have had great pleasure working with the employee in question for two companies now and find him to be a good lad in general perhaps if people actually spoke to drivers properly and didn't slag them then both he and busman would be much happier in their job!!

Yes, it is the way i feel. I respect that you have a right to comment on the forum but what i dont think is acceptable is the way you have just essentially told somebody off and accused them of 'trolling' somebody because they posted something from a facebook page. My first comment was just a warning of what could happen and not what would happen. It has been known to happen in the past (which may have just been touched upon on another thread) and as AdamY said, it may have sounded like a threat but i can guarantee now that it wasnt. 
(30 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm)Sampler2013 Wrote: [ -> ]You are clearly speaking with people from Go North East or you are obviously trolling this guys facebook page as you wouldn't be able to see these things I myself had to add the employee to speak to him through messager !!
Hang on. You suggest earlier that people making unsubstantiated claims could potentially be libel, yet then go on go make one of your own?

GCT may not have a social media policy, but they'll surely have a disciplinary policy, based on Acas COP1. A social media policy only really reinforces (with digital examples of) bringing the company into disrepute, which would be an example of misconduct/gross misconduct.
This is starting to turn into the farce that was the ANE fb page back in the day.

The GNE fb page has often had employees posting and it just makes the company look bad.
It's as though they aren't in control of their employees.

The last few months and the next few months, have been and will continue to be, a massive learning curve for GCT.
I genuinely hope they can do things in the right manner and continue to improve.

The contracts they have gained, can be a massive step, in developing and growing the company.
It doesn't need employees posting comments, which can make the company look foolish.

Jim Hughes seem to have an official representative. I am sure there was one other independent who had an 'official' contributor at one point. Maybe it is worth GCT having one too?
New Solo SRs are YJ64 DYS, YJ64 DYT, YJ64 DYU, YJ64 DYV and YJ64 DYM

Photos @ Steven Hodgson
do they still have Volvo B6LE Alexander ALX200 ive not seen it in a while
Gateshead Central Taxis do have another solo SR reg plate YJ64 DYT its on 558 even though when I took the photo it said 941Team Valley while changing the blinds at 1st I thought it was a Go North East bus on 68 but then looked at the interior and realised it was different
Yes they have 5 of them... The leased Solos/Versa will have gone back