North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw the Versa the other day possibly Friday
On one of the new solos... havw to say the seats are quite hard but ride has being decent.
Really liked the look of the new Solos when they first arrived. Had expected they'd look very similar to the Go North East ones but I've just seen one smothered in advertisements (the sizes of which are not consistent).

Admittedly a great way to generate revenue, but a shame it could not have been a bit more tastefully.
(13 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Really liked the look of the new Solos when they first arrived. Had expected they'd look very similar to the Go North East ones but I've just seen one smothered in advertisements (the sizes of which are not consistent).

Admittedly a great way to generate revenue, but a shame it could not have been a bit more tastefully.
I may be a bit behind here, had thought the Solos were to be Nexus branded? If so, Nexus used to stipulated against the use of exterior advertising.
(13 Oct 2014, 6:29 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I may be a bit behind here, had thought the Solos were to be Nexus branded? If so, Nexus used to stipulated against the use of exterior advertising.

They carry Nexus 'battleship grey' base livery, but do not have any Nexus logos - or at least the two I have seen today (on 73 and 558) haven't. In place of the logos are rather large obstructive advertisements, of varying colours and sizes, which aren't placed in advertisement boards/holders as you see on normal buses.

I hadn't realised that Nexus used to stipulate against the use of exterior advertising, though it would make sense, given that neither Arriva nor Go North East's "Nexus" branded Optare Solos have advertisements (despite the former's actually having advertisement boards).
(13 Oct 2014, 6:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Here is a photo of an advert on a NEXUS branded Bluebird

The Solos were carrying similar advertisements (at least on one side). The Solo which was on the 558 had a slightly smaller advertisement on the other side, and an advertisement on the rear too.
(13 Oct 2014, 6:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I hadn't realised that Nexus used to stipulate against the use of exterior advertising, though it would make sense, given that neither Arriva nor Go North East's "Nexus" branded Optare Solos have advertisements (despite the former's actually having advertisement boards).

I'll try and dig the correspondence out, as it's not where I thought I'd seen it stipulated. Smile
Solo DYW only has an advertisement on the rear - still no Nexus branding though
Are things really that bad with the service they do I've not tried them yet if they are bad why don't nexus take contracts off them give them to someone else
I wonder if GCT will have their own fleet livery or are they going to be one of those independents that will go without one. Just how many Joe Public people know a company called Gateshead Central Taxi's even exist?

Its a bit of a pet hate however as for most people though, aslong they from A to B and get a good service, they won't care who is running it or what colour the bus is.
What's happened to buses they had the 3 solos versa streetlite and E200 they keeping them or they gone back now
Are they getting anymore Solos for R3-R4 keeping bluebirds on it
(28 Oct 2014, 1:57 pm)jaimz13 wrote [ -> ]Are they getting anymore Solos for R3-R4 keeping bluebirds on it
I doubt it. I believe the capacity requirement is lower on these services. Check the Nexus list I put in the tender discussion thread.
Was waiting for the 90 at Team Valley tonight but never turned up was the first run by GCT of the evening
YJ64 DYY has gained B Buses Logos on the Front and Sides, Positioned to be liked GNEs Nexus SRs
Streetlite reg ending BXD on 73 at Park Lane atm
(11 Nov 2014, 3:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Streetlite reg ending BXD on 73 at Park Lane atm

MX60BXD Dan
(11 Nov 2014, 4:11 pm)Scott wrote [ -> ]Is this the operator that has the bright orange Preseident's?

Sure is.
Looks like the former Compass bus washers are now with GCT.

[attachment=6103]

#DirtyBuses
#HereWeGoAgain
#HashtagsonNEB