North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Looks like the former Compass bus washers are now with GCT.

#DirtyBuses
 #HereWeGoAgain
 #HashtagsonNEB
Get the hose!
(15 Nov 2014, 5:34 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the former Compass bus washers are now with GCT.

#DirtyBuses
#HereWeGoAgain
#HashtagsonNEB

I spy a little bit of Sandpiper there!
(15 Nov 2014, 5:41 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]Get the hose!

It'll take more than a hose the amount of dirty it appears to have accumulated! 

(15 Nov 2014, 5:58 pm)RM2186 Wrote: [ -> ]I spy a little bit of Sandpiper there!

You wouldn't be far wrong! Smile
How long they got streetlite for and have they still got the versa
yesterday 825 had e200 on rare isn't it
Not even road legal today...

[Image: JvymwGB.jpg]

[Image: 6io82cU.jpg]

#DirtyBusesOnNEB
#nofilter
(22 Nov 2014, 7:09 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]Not even road legal today...

[Image: JvymwGB.jpg]

[Image: 6io82cU.jpg]

#DirtyBusesOnNEB
#nofilter

I'd be very annoyed if I was paying to advertise on the back and sides of their buses!

The Streetlite looked filthy when I saw it in Sunderland yesterday.
(22 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be very annoyed if I was paying to advertise on the back and sides of their buses!

The Streetlite looked filthy when I saw it in Sunderland yesterday.

Every single GCT bus I seen today was like that. It looks like they haven't been washed since they got them.
(22 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]Every single GCT bus I seen today was like that. It looks like they haven't been washed since they got them.

That wouldn't surprise me.

Hopefully they eventually be able to buy a hose!
Gateshead Central Taxis have been giving their fleet a good wash and brush up today so hopefully no dirty buses in the morning. Although it will be difficult to keep the buses clean all day due to the roadworks around Fellgate Estate.
PB1099280/29 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between ST JOSEPH'S COMP SCHOOL MILL LANE, HEBBURN and HOWARD STREET, JARROW given service number 824 effective from 01-Dec-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
(23 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]Gateshead Central Taxis have been giving their fleet a good wash and brush up today so hopefully no dirty buses in the morning. Although it will be difficult to keep the buses clean all day due to the roadworks around Fellgate Estate.
Although I saw a Solo which was sparkling on Monday, I saw another rather scruffy looking example tonight.
In GCT's defence, it is difficult to keep the outside of buses clean at this time of year, I have also seen filthy Scarlet Band, Arriva and Go North East buses - the MPD I had on the 265 this afternoon had I Heart Johnny written down the side of the bus.
(27 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]In GCT's defence, it is difficult to keep the outside of buses clean at this time of year, I have also seen filthy Scarlet Band, Arriva and Go North East buses - the MPD I had on the 265 this afternoon had I Heart Johnny written down the side of the bus.

There's a limit, like..!
Buses need washing more than once per week (assuming that's how frequently GCT's are done).
Quote:There's a limit, like..!

Buses need washing more than once per week (assuming that's how frequently GCT's are done).
Sunday must be wash day for GCT.

It is bad when you can't even see the reg.
The key is that the vehicle should remain presentable at all times. It's upto the operation to decide whether that's achieved by daily or weekly washes. The presentability should control the wash frequency, and nothing else.
I don't know how often GCT wash the exterior of the Solo's and I agree that they do look dirty at times. However I will give them credit for their Tridents which appear to get washed everyday. When I have passed their depot during the day the Tridents are usually still wet from being washed. Both Tridents that turned up at St Josephs School today showed evidence of being washed recently.
I guess they have time to wash the Tridents as they sit in the yard for most of the day.
I will try to catch one of the Solo's first thing on a morning to see if they are being washed before going out in service.
The Blurbird I saw on the 643 at the MetroCentre today looked clean when I saw it today.

I imagine GCT will be getting a fine from Nexus though as the display on this Bluebird wasn't working and just had 643 printed on a piece of paper in the window.
Makes you wonder how clean they are when entering service in the morning? There was a red B10 on the 8 early this morning, and it looked like it had taken a detour through a farmer's field.

Whilst stood in Gateshead Interchange yesterday, I'd noticed that Gateshead's buses were looking a far sight cleaner than Chester's, when I was stood there around 1700.