North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]Makes you wonder how clean they are when entering service in the morning? There was a red B10 on the 8 early this morning, and it looked like it had taken a detour through a farmer's field.

At some locations, when the temperature falls, you have to wash the bus wash off as the water freezes.  Riverside is different with it been new.
has GCT Still got the Enviro 200 and Streetlite
There's a Streetlite out and about on the Team Valley Sainsbury's shuttle today
(06 Jan 2015, 2:48 pm)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]There's a Streetlite out and about on the Team Valley Sainsbury's shuttle today
that's rare thing to see like they still using the Enviro 200 or has it gone
(06 Jan 2015, 3:20 pm)jaimz13 Wrote: [ -> ]that's rare thing to see like they still using the Enviro 200 or has it gone

I don't know in all honesty. The Sainsbury's bus is usually operated by the blue Bluebird, but yesterday it was operated by a Nexus Bluebird, and today the Streetlite
(06 Jan 2015, 3:40 pm)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know in all honesty. The Sainsbury's bus is usually operated by the blue Bluebird, but yesterday it was operated by a Nexus Bluebird, and today the Streetlite
hopefully they see sense get rid of all bluebird get streetlites wonder why they done that tho
There was a 60 plated Streetlite on the 71A (Kingston Park - Throckley) this evening. Last time I saw the service it was ran by a Bluebird.
(06 Jan 2015, 10:31 pm)GMitchelhill Wrote: [ -> ]There was a 60 plated Streetlite on the 71A (Kingston Park - Throckley) this evening. Last time I saw the service it was ran by a Bluebird.

That is likely the same one I spotted on the Tesco Free Bus at Regent Centre yesterday afternoon - MX60BXD.
The Streetlite's out on the Sainsbury's shuttle again today if anyone's after it
Yeah that was the Streetlite I saw Tony.

However tonights 71A was the more usual Bluebird.
(07 Jan 2015, 10:36 pm)GMitchelhill Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that was the Streetlite I saw Tony.

However tonights 71A was the more usual Bluebird.
I wonder why they putting streetlite on then wired
Public Enquiry for Gateshead Central Taxis.
(21 Jan 2015, 3:20 pm)citaro5284 Wrote: [ -> ]Public Enquiry for Gateshead Central Taxis.
Quick glance at the legislation, and it would appear to be with respect of not declaring convictions or serious offences? May be miles off like...
(21 Jan 2015, 3:20 pm)citaro5284 Wrote: [ -> ]Public Enquiry for Gateshead Central Taxis.

Their Transport Manager will appear on the same date and time in relation to Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009. N&P 2191 section 5.3 refers.
I hope that Nexus have a contingency plan in case there is an adverse outcome.
(22 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that Nexus have a contingency plan in case there is an adverse outcome.

I think there's more chance of Andreos1 and eezypeazy going out for dinner together.

Do they report the outcomes in full does anyone know?
(22 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's more chance of Andreos1 and eezypeazy going out for dinner together.

Do they report the outcomes in full does anyone know?

I know in Notice and Proceedings, it tells you the outcome.  Near the back, page 16(ish) on the attachment below gives you an idea of what you can get - even a transcript of the taped proceeding.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...r-2014.pdf
(21 Jan 2015, 10:41 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]Quick glance at the legislation, and it would appear to be with respect of not declaring convictions or serious offences? May be miles off like...

Could this be related to the fact that Gateshead Central Taxis are allowed to operate using 20 vehicles out of their two depots but have at least 24 vehicles in the normal public service fleet?
(22 Jan 2015, 8:11 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Could this be related to the fact that Gateshead Central Taxis are allowed to operate using 20 vehicles out of their two depots but have at least 24 vehicles in the normal public service fleet?

That's what I was thinking. There seems to be more and more buses at Felling every time I pass, and that's not taking into account the ones out in service. I keep meaning to make a night time detour past there.
(22 Jan 2015, 8:16 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I was thinking. There seems to be more and more buses at Felling every time I pass, and that's not taking into account the ones out in service. I keep meaning to make a night time detour past there.

Well according to their Operators Licence they have a licence for 20 vehicles as shown below spread over 2 sites.
(22 Jan 2015, 8:11 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Could this be related to the fact that Gateshead Central Taxis are allowed to operate using 20 vehicles out of their two depots but have at least 24 vehicles in the normal public service fleet?

(22 Jan 2015, 8:16 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I was thinking. There seems to be more and more buses at Felling every time I pass, and that's not taking into account the ones out in service. I keep meaning to make a night time detour past there.

(22 Jan 2015, 8:24 pm)citaro5284 Wrote: [ -> ]Well according to their Operators Licence they have a licence for 20 vehicles as shown below spread over 2 sites.

I've updated our fleet lists to remove all of the loanees and add the Solos and Presidents - I make it 26!
This is before you start including their various Renault minibuses, which have in the past appeared on normal public service work as a last resort.

When searching for all of the new buses, I found these photos:
https://flic.kr/p/pzgovw - 5 buses
https://flic.kr/p/pzgnrh - 2 further buses
https://flic.kr/p/pz265g - 2 further Renault minibuses

Providing my maths is up to scratch, 5+2+2=9. This is a bigger number than 6!