North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 Jan 2015, 9:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've updated our fleet lists to remove all of the loanees and add the Solos and Presidents - I make it 26!
This is before you start including their various Renault minibuses, which have in the past appeared on normal public service work as a last resort.

It seems Gateshead Central Taxis' van-type minibus fleet is also on the increase - stored at their depot near Heworth - I can make out the following registrations:
  • Renault NA10AVC, NK58DNN, NK57GGO, NA57LGJ, NK06LOJ, CN55EXR, NK54KTO, 
  • Peugeot MD14JVA
  • Fiat NU64YCV, NX14KHF, and another example
The vinyls on the side of the minibuses mostly state up to 16 seats - so I'm sure these will have to form part of GCT's license of 20 vehicles - especially if they are appearing/have appeared on public service work?
(22 Jan 2015, 8:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Well according to their Operators Licence they have a licence for 20 vehicles as shown below spread over 2 sites.

The Jarrow site no longer seems to used, and the Holly Hill site is NOT the one on Stoneygate Lane.  It is the one at bottom of Holly Hill at Sunderland Road Junction.  

Just guessing, but I wonder if the Stoneygate site is not registered.  Also there seems to be a decker left at a site on Chain Bridge in Blaydon.  
(30 Jan 2015, 10:16 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]The Jarrow site no longer seems to used, and the Holly Hill site is NOT the one on Stoneygate Lane.  It is the one at bottom of Holly Hill at Sunderland Road Junction.  

Just guessing, but I wonder if the Stoneygate site is not registered.  Also there seems to be a decker left at a site on Chain Bridge in Blaydon.  

I don't think a vehicle has to be left overnight on premises at the operating centre? Just has to be registered as operating from a centre with a valid licence? 
(30 Jan 2015, 10:23 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I don't think a vehicle has to be left overnight on premises at the operating centre? Just has to be registered as operating from a centre with a valid licence? 
Just read over some of the appropriate legislation, and this is the impression I got, too.

Providing I've read it correctly - anything over 8 seats has to be registered as a PSV vehicle and form part of an Operating License.
To be fair they could own any amount of buses they wish as long as they only operate a maximum of 20 in service at any one time.
Be interesting to see if Nexus have a contingency plan...just in case
(01 Feb 2015, 2:23 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Be interesting to see if Nexus have a contingency plan...just in case
I'd be highly surprised if they're that organised. Their contingency plan is probably contained in one of their imaginary policies...
(01 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'd be highly surprised if they're that organised. Their contingency plan is probably contained in one of their imaginary policies...

Still looking... Angel
(01 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'd be highly surprised if they're that organised. Their contingency plan is probably contained in one of their imaginary policies...

I like to think we'd see Kingsley's ex-Lothian deckers on Taxibus routes....
(01 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]I like to think we'd see Kingsley's ex-Lothian deckers on Taxibus routes....

Have to say I wonder what Kingsley's are up to as very few of their deckers are actually on the road since they lost most of their contracts... 
(01 Feb 2015, 7:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Have to say I wonder what Kingsley's are up to as very few of their deckers are actually on the road since they lost most of their contracts... 
They do a lot of Private Hire in Sunderland. Regularly see their deckers with loads of kids on board.
On VOSA today:

PB1099280/1 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Blaydon Bus Station and Blaydon Bus Station given service number R3/R4/R6 effective from 02-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB1099280/32 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between WINLATON BUS STATION and WINLATON BUS STATION given service number R7 effective from 02-Feb-2015.
(03 Feb 2015, 9:46 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On VOSA today:

PB1099280/1 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Blaydon Bus Station and Blaydon Bus Station given service number R3/R4/R6 effective from 02-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB1099280/32 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between WINLATON BUS STATION and WINLATON BUS STATION given service number R7 effective from 02-Feb-2015.

Winlaton flood alleviation works now completed resulting in R7 shuttle service ending and R3/R4&R6 returning to normal routing.
Any idea on how the public enquiry went?
Central Taxis Gateshead now have their licence on a single site at Stoneygate Lane NE10 0HJ with authorisation for 28 vehicles. Holly Hill and Albert Road sites are no longer part of the authorisation.
The seating capacity of LT02ZZD & LT02ZZR differs from the information on the NEB Fleet list the capacity is 73 (45/28) plus 25 standing places.
(19 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm)John_R wrote [ -> ]http://www.route-one.net/legal/decision-...nce-discs/

To follow on from this:

[attachment=6335]
[attachment=6336]
have they still got the Enviro 200
(02 Mar 2015, 9:21 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ]have they still got the Enviro 200
The Enviro 200 with registration KX58 BGY left the Central Taxis fleet when the Nexus branded Solo SR's arrived.