North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Mar 2015, 8:44 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]The Enviro 200 with registration KX58 BGY left the Central Taxis fleet when the Nexus branded Solo SR's arrived.
Ah right Thank You
Central Taxis are now running the Northumbrian Water funded Chester le Street free shuttle using a 14 plate Bluebird in Nexus livery.
(20 Mar 2015, 11:59 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Central Taxis are now running the Northumbrian Water funded Chester le Street free shuttle using a 14 plate Bluebird in Nexus livery.

No doubt that a friend of a certain forum member will allocate a taxi bus on the service.  Big Grin
Timetable for the Chester shuttle service
http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/images...huttle.pdf
GCT Bluebird SF14 FAE providing the shuttles today. Rode it a couple of times, and got talking to the driver. Seems really nice and informative, but he told me he doesn't really like the shuttles because he has to do 12 hours with no breaks other than any spare time at the bottom of Chester-le-Street.
(21 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]GCT Bluebird SF14 FAE providing the shuttles today. Rode it a couple of times, and got talking to the driver. Seems really nice and informative, but he told me he doesn't really like the shuttles because he has to do 12 hours with no breaks other than any spare time at the bottom of Chester-le-Street.

Doesn't sound right?
(21 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Doesn't sound right?

When I mentioned the driving regulations I had heard of (after he mentioned 12 hours with no set breaks) he said that was only for service work. Confused me a bit, but I'll just take his word for it. Smile Somebody can probably explain it a bit better.
(21 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Doesn't sound right?

But doesn't surprise me based on stories I've heard in the past...
(21 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]When I mentioned the driving regulations I had heard of (after he mentioned 12 hours with no set breaks) he said that was only for service work. Confused me a bit, but I'll just take his word for it. Smile Somebody can probably explain it a bit better.

But it should still fall under GB rules, based on the amount of seats the vehicle has? 

https://www.gov.uk/drivers-hours/passeng...g-vehicles

[attachment=6449]
(21 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]But it should still fall under GB rules, based on the amount of seats the vehicle has? 

I see. I don't know if what he said was fact or fiction, obviously being no expert on driving hours myself, but it seems (from what I saw today myself) that the shuttle would go to Chester Moor, and return in enough time to have a 5-10 minute break at the bottom. With the frequency it's running, I don't think he would have got the 45 minute break thing (is that it's time limit?), unless they class the breaks from every run to make it up?
Same Bluebird (SF14 HAE) worked the Chester-le-Street shuttles today.
(21 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]But it should still fall under GB rules, based on the amount of seats the vehicle has? 

You also need to look into how the service is registered, is it even registered? Have the council decided its an emergency service due to utility work ect. Are fares charged? To be fair more loop-holes than regulations in driving hours. That's how a lot of operations are run, look into TaxiBus services, day tours, engineers on test ect ect.

Your major operators follow Domestic and EU/AETR rules by the book but some of the smaller companies use these loop holes. One example is the 13 day rule. With one of the major operators the max you will work is 13 days then have a day off, with one of the smaller operators you could be working for weeks without a day off and its all legal. 
Can think of a few things wrong with this photo.
[attachment=6471]
(27 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Can think of a few things wrong with this photo.

Fozz's favourite number features!
(27 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Can think of a few things wrong with this photo.

Aye.
  • It's in Gateshead
  • It's got a 69 in the telephone number
  • It's a Renault
  • It would please busman1 if it was on a route that was allocated a bus.
  • It's a taxi
  • It's not a bus
Wink
EDIT: I see now...
  • Some lasses bum
EDIT 2: Also...
  • It's got three Wrightbuses in!
(27 Mar 2015, 8:19 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Aye.
  • It's in Gateshead
  • It's got a 69 in the telephone number
  • It's a Renault
  • It would please busman1 if it was on a route that was allocated a bus.

• It's a taxi

• It's not a bus
Wink
EDIT: I see now...
  • Some lasses bum
EDIT 2: Also...
  • It's got three Wrightbuses in!

Possibly because it's a TaxiBus route?
Would send that off to whoever it may concern for it to be investigated.
I think one of the main issues with that is the fact that a customer has had to walk onto the road in the Interchange to actually board the vehicle, due to a Streetlite on the 53 being parked in front, which is a hazard.
(27 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think one of the main issues with that is the fact that a customer has had to walk onto the road in the Interchange to actually board the vehicle, due to a Streetlite on the 53 being parked in front, which is a hazard.

They were getting out but yeah this is pretty dangerous. This was because Go North East dumped a Yellow Bus Olympian on the 53/54 stand which I think entered and left the Interchange out of service, still shouldn't have dropped people off here though.

Also they have a rear break light out.
(27 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think one of the main issues with that is the fact that a customer has had to walk onto the road in the Interchange to actually board the vehicle, due to a Streetlite on the 53 being parked in front, which is a hazard.
To me that looks like the Vehicle has just pulled into Gateshead Interchange and the Passenger Alighting the Vehicle due to where it is positioned, and I am sure the TB29 Stops on the Stand in front of the 53 Stand, I have often witnessed these doing a U-Turn onto the Stand after a Layover Period on Numerous Occasions.