North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
0001 (YJ64 DWK) Optare MetroCity Demonstrator 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Had permission by member of Staff in the Depot to take the Photo.
(21 Jun 2015, 3:46 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]0001 (YJ64 DWK) Optare MetroCity Demonstrator 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Had permission by member of Staff in the Depot to take the Photo.

Any idea what service(s) it'll be used on?
(21 Jun 2015, 3:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea what service(s) it'll be used on?

Knowing GCT all of them, saw it passing on the 93 so thought I would get a Photo of it.
(21 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Knowing GCT all of them, saw it passing on the 93 so thought I would get a Photo of it.

Cheer's, did anyone say when it would enter service?
(21 Jun 2015, 3:50 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Cheer's, did anyone say when it would enter service?

Nope but I would think it will be tomorrow more than likely, just asked if I could take a photo and that was it.
(21 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Nope but I would think it will be tomorrow more than likely, just asked if I could take a photo and that was it.

Cheers, =D
On VOSA today:

PB1099280/2 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sherburn Park Estate and Sherburn Park Estate given service number R5 effective from 25-Jul-2015.

PB1099280/7 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Newcastle and Team Valley given service number 941 effective from 24-Jul-2015.

PB1099280/22 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE, SOUTH BUS STATION and ST JAMES BOULEVARD, NEWCASTLE given service number 941 effective from 24-Jul-2015.

PB1099280/23 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE, SOUTH BUS STATION and WINLATON BUS STATION given service number 90 effective from 24-Jul-2015.
Wonder if GNE will run the 1735 & 1810 from Team Valley, as they the only 2 runs which have the X above them
I was told today that Gateshead Central Taxis will be using the Optare MetroCity on service 23.
(26 Jun 2015, 7:55 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I was told today that Gateshead Central Taxis will be using the Optare MetroCity on service 23.

Bet you're happy. Struggling to decide whether it will cope around some of the Birtley Estates. Only ever done the route 3 times or thereabouts myself.
(26 Jun 2015, 7:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Bet you're happy. Struggling to decide whether it will cope around some of the Birtley Estates. Only ever done the route 3 times or thereabouts myself.

I am yes, as long as it doesn't have urban 90 seats!

When it goes down Barley Mow school bank, it turns right onto Dorset Avenue and then right again. Slightly further along there is a left bend and it is almost impossible getting round it.

When Classic used there deckers on the 23/23A it had to be re-routed because of that bend, even the Pheonix Solo struggles to get around it.
(26 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I am yes, as long as it doesn't have urban 90 seats!

When it goes down Barley Mow school bank, it turns right onto Dorset Avenue and then right again. Slightly further along there is a left bend and it is almost impossible getting round it.

When Classic used there deckers on the 23/23A it had to be re-routed because of that bend, even the Pheonix Solo struggles to get around it.

I do remember some parts of the route being quite tight. It'd be interesting to see if OO05 STX is registered back to RX56 BWE and passed onto GCT for the 23 as i think it may be too big for the R5 and they are said to be getting a Solo SR similar size for the service.
(26 Jun 2015, 8:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I do remember some parts of the route being quite tight. It'd be interesting to see if OO05 STX is registered back to RX56 BWE and passed onto GCT for the 23 as i think it may be too big for the R5 and they are said to be getting a Solo SR similar size for the service.

I hope not because it is horrendous! It probably will happen though because for a start the MetroCity is going to be far to big for the route in terms of passenger numbers unless there is a sharp intake of passengers.
(26 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I hope not because it is horrendous! It probably will happen though because for a start the MetroCity is going to be far to big for the route in terms of passenger numbers unless there is a sharp intake of passengers.

Only time will tell i suppose. When i did the full Washington run, the only place where it got busy was the Springwell and Wrekenton areas. Carried very few on the Birtley Circular. Don't know if its still like that now as it was a couple of years ago when i was on it. Well, i was on it when they had Solo YJ61 JHV from Connect.
(26 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Only time will tell i suppose. When i did the full Washington run, the only place where it got busy was the Springwell and Wrekenton areas. Carried very few on the Birtley Circular. Don't know if its still like that now as it was a couple of years ago when i was on it. Well, i was on it when they had Solo YJ61 JHV from Connect.

It tends to be busy on the Washington-Springwell stretch and on a morning it is quite busy from Barley Mow-Birtley. The 23 went downhill as soon as Classic took it off.
(26 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I am yes, as long as it doesn't have urban 90 seats!

Looked to have Leather Seats when I photographed it last sunday.
(26 Jun 2015, 8:35 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Looked to have Leather Seats when I photographed it last sunday.

That's alright I suppose. Nothing will beat the comfy seats on GNE's Merits.
(26 Jun 2015, 9:00 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]That's alright I suppose. Nothing will beat the comfy seats on GNE's Merits.
Or the mismatched seats of 8262!
(26 Jun 2015, 9:02 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Or the mismatched seats of 8262!

Might be different colours, but Lee is right... For bog standard Civic V2 seats, they are so comfortable.

Deeper cushions than usual, I am sure.
(26 Jun 2015, 9:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Might be different colours, but Lee is right... For bog standard Civic V2 seats, they are so comfortable.

Deeper cushions than usual, I am sure.
Instead of crap leather seating on the Sapphire and Max buses just give them the Merit seats.