North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Aug 2015, 5:00 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Something I don't believe that's been reported on here is that Gateshead Central Taxis currently have this demonstrator from Mellor.
[Image: 20715688921_6eb27aaac1.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF15 JPV by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Could of sworn I posted on here about it the other day after I photographed it, unless I accidentally hit the refresh page button rather than clicking post reply.
Unfortuntly I had to ring and complain about one of there drivers on Monday.

Passed me smoking whilst driving and when I done a double take shouted "who the f**k are you looking at".

Not acceptable at all.

Shame my helmet cam never came in time for this Sad
(19 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Unfortuntly I had to ring and complain about one of there drivers on Monday.

Passed me smoking whilst driving and when I done a double take shouted "who the f**k are you looking at".

Not acceptable at all.

Shame my helmet cam never came in time for this Sad

If I were you, I would have complained to Nexus (who in turn forward the complaint to GCT) - then at least Nexus are aware of the issue too.

I'm not sure if Nexus holds some sort of log of complaints (aureolin - have you done a FOI recently? ), but it would be interesting to see how the attitude of drivers impacted on contract performance and if this was detrimental to them being awarded with similar tenders in future (or if it would simply prevent that existing tender being extended for x amount of years).
I'll request it.

For all secured service complaints, they should be made to the local authority responsible. The operator is their contractor, rather than you being their customer.
Yep. If I was using the bus as a passenger I would of. Even though it does say that on the actual bus if you have any complaints about that service please contact GCT. Are they wrong in having that sign up?

I'm still livid at this lol
(19 Aug 2015, 5:17 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Could of sworn I posted on here about it the other day after I photographed it, unless I accidentally hit the refresh page button rather than clicking post reply.

I remember it being mentioned in the past - not sure who by though.

Shall not have a debate though  Smile
PB1099280/52 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Whitburn Academy
Finish Point: Boldon Lane
Via:
Service Number: SCH 808
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday School days only
Five Dennis Trident Plaxton Presidents have arrived at Central Taxis as part of the additional fleet to cover the new Nexus Schools Contracts. These buses are blue is colour and two of them still carry a Geldards Coaches livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...ed-public/
(30 Aug 2015, 4:13 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Five Dennis Trident Plaxton Presidents have arrived at Central Taxis as part of the additional fleet to cover the new Nexus Schools Contracts. These buses are blue is colour and two of them still carry a Geldards Coaches livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...ed-public/

At least I know with 13 Presidents a single deck veichle should not be allocated unlike GNE who put 5322 on my school run while a decker was on a non-scholar board.
(30 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]At least I know with 13 Presidents a single deck veichle should not be allocated unlike GNE who put 5322 on my school run while a decker was on a non-scholar board.

That's not necessarily true, Dan. Do you know the PVR of Gateshead Central Taxis' double-deck scholars PVR to be able to fairly comment on how many spare double deckers they have (and hence how likely or unlikely it is that any vehicle besides one of double-deck capacity will be allocated)?

The allocation of anything other than a double-decker on your scholars service was fairly uncommon last year under Go North East operation, and you cannot deny that a full-size single decker being allocated as a last resort is worse than a minibus being allocated. In the last academic school year, Gateshead Central Taxis covered a double decker with minibuses very regularly for around three months. GuyParkRoyal took several photographs of these allocations, and several standees are visible in these photographs.

[Image: 17185455747_9235488427.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead MX60BXD Weight Streetlite WF. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

[Image: 18618246630_a43b977c48.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead YY15GDK ADL Enviro 200. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

[Image: 19478554799_9bef649fdd.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead YJ64DYV Optare Solo M890 SR B31F. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
(30 Aug 2015, 6:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's not necessarily true, Dan. Do you know the PVR of Gateshead Central Taxis' double-deck scholars PVR to be able to fairly comment on how many spare double deckers they have (and hence how likely or unlikely it is that any vehicle besides one of double-deck capacity will be allocated)?

The allocation of anything other than a double-decker on your scholars service was fairly uncommon last year under Go North East operation, and you cannot deny that a full-size single decker being allocated as a last resort is worse than a minibus being allocated. In the last academic school year, Gateshead Central Taxis covered a double decker with minibuses very regularly for around three months. GuyParkRoyal took several photographs of these allocations, and several standees are visible in these photographs.

[Image: 17185455747_9235488427.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead MX60BXD Weight Streetlite WF. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

[Image: 18618246630_a43b977c48.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead YY15GDK ADL Enviro 200. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

[Image: 19478554799_9bef649fdd.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead YJ64DYV Optare Solo M890 SR B31F. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

I dont know the GCT PVR but I know the 820 started with a President then ended up as a Streetshite. I know of my scholars being single deck once as stated above but I belive its happened more than that as my scholars didn't have the best reliability and broke down frequently. Also do GNE know they still have my scholars next week as they changed the 9 today yet imo it should of been next week.
(30 Aug 2015, 6:24 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I dont know the GCT PVR but I know the 820 started with a President then ended up as a Streetshite. I know of my scholars being single deck once as stated above but I belive its happened more than that as my scholars didn't have the best reliability and broke down frequently. Also do GNE know they still have my scholars next week as they changed the 9 today yet imo it should of been next week.

Do you have any evidence of your scholars service regularly breaking down, or is that just another sweeping statement?

The new Nexus scholars/workers contracts all commence from today, so Gateshead Central Taxis will be operating your scholars next week.
(30 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The new Nexus scholars/workers contracts all commence from today.

Mine doesn't my scholars starts the second week if the company changes.
 PB1099280/47 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: St Wilfreds RC Comprehensive School
Finish Point: Jarrow Bus Station
Via:
Service Number: SCH 816
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 07-SEP-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday One journey per day
(30 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Do you have any evidence of your scholars service regularly breaking down, or is that just another sweeping statement?

The new Nexus scholars/workers contracts all commence from today, so Gateshead Central Taxis will be operating your scholars next week.

Not regularly but the Vykings and Presidents would conk out about once every 1-2 months.
Mellor demonstrator on 23 today.
(03 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Mellor demonstrator on 23 today.

Correct:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/2111...ateposted/
(03 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Correct:

Wow! A bus with a fivehead!
(03 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Correct:
Oh dear, it's still not displaying the service number on the front screen and it looks like they couldn't quite fit Birtley Lansbury Drive on it either.
I notice on the side it states 'Test Drive Now'. If I ever see this demonstrator on the R3, R4 or R6 - I may attempt to take Mellor up on their very kind offer Wink
I can understand them wanting to demonstrate a vehicle, and I think it's great they are doing so, but I wouldn't be doing it at the risk of a Nexus fine per trip! Pretty sure the fines snowball too, so they'll get one for each of the destination screens not working.