North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03 Sep 2015, 8:44 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I can understand them wanting to demonstrate a vehicle, and I think it's great they are doing so, but I wouldn't be doing it at the risk of a Nexus fine per trip! Pretty sure the fines snowball too, so they'll get one for each of the destination screens not working.
I would imagine that this could maybe be a temporary loan possibly after them taking on the 23. It hasn't been displaying a service number on the front when it's been on the 643 either (see photo) https://flic.kr/p/xyzjAn

In the picture linked in Robert's post some of the passengers boarding look a bit confused, don't know if this is down to the lacking of a service number on the front.
When I was on it yesterday, I overheard passengers saying that the "gold bus" was much nicer than this one. There's only 18 seats, 19 if you include a flappy one. The bus was already 3/4 full when I left Washington Galleries.

The driver wasn't professional either, once a passenger rang the bell (on the ceiling, pretty ironic for a bus designed for the more disabled) the bus sped past the bus stop and once the passenger said "I want that stop!", he slammed the brakes on very hardly.

I was texting my mam at the time, about how bad the service was and all the dangerous manoeuvres that he was doing and narrowly missing cars. He even missed out Wrekenton High Street, at Birtley Crematorium, he stopped for a few minutes to have a fag, and we arrived on Birtley High Street, five minutes late!

How would I complain about the service? Would I have to email Nexus or Central Taxis?
(04 Sep 2015, 8:21 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]How would I complain about the service? Would I have to email Nexus or Central Taxis?

I've not had to complain before in Nexus land but I think from previous concerns on this forum Nexus are the people to contact about this sort of thing as it is a Nexus supported service. Can't imagine complaining directly to GCT would get you anywhere.

Not been on a Fiat Bluebird before so I may sample this service or another operated by GCT and no doubt I will regret it.
(04 Sep 2015, 8:21 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]How would I complain about the service? Would I have to email Nexus or Central Taxis?

Nexus - they are the contractors and at least you know something will be done about it as they will then go to the operator.
Additions for the fleet list of Central Taxis.
LR52 KVP Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
LR52 KWC Trident President, Blue.

LR52 KWZ Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
LR52 KWL Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
KV02 URT Trident ALX400, Blue / Blue Rinse advert.
Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, but this https://flic.kr/p/yj9E9C made an appearance on the Sainsbury's shuttle
(04 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Additions for the fleet list of Central Taxis.
LR52 KVP Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
LR52 KWC Trident President, Blue.

LR52 KWZ Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
LR52 KWL Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
KV02 URT Trident ALX400, Blue / Blue Rinse advert.

Blue Rinse reminds me of that old Chucklevision episode for some strange reason
(08 Sep 2015, 2:39 am)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Blue Rinse reminds me of that old Chucklevision episode for some strange reason

I was down the CGT yard early Saturday evening. Here's an image of their new deckers. I think the Geldards livery looks smart.

Charles
(08 Sep 2015, 11:05 am)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]I was down the CGT yard early Saturday evening. Here's an image of their new deckers. I think the Geldards livery looks smart.

Charles

LR52 KVP is in Gosforth on 116 in Gelatards livery
My Scholars driver made an illeagal manourvre today the driver reversed with near on 70 kids on and I was told it was illeagal to reverse with passangers on.
(08 Sep 2015, 3:07 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]My Scholars driver made an illeagal manourvre today the driver reversed with near on 70 kids on and I was told it was illeagal to reverse with passangers on.

How do you suggest that buses depart from Eldon Square, Haymarket, and Durham bus stations then??  Huh
(08 Sep 2015, 3:45 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]How do you suggest that buses depart from Eldon Square, Haymarket, and Durham bus stations then??  Huh

Not sure on the law at all; but I remember reading that unless in a designated bus station, buses cannot be reversed without supervision. If it was supervised, there's nothing illegal about it.
(08 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Not sure on the law at all; but I remember reading that unless in a designated bus station, buses cannot be reversed without supervision. If it was supervised, there's nothing illegal about it.

I remember having to sit at Hill View, Sunderland (on a Stagecoach 19 service) about five years ago, until police arrived to guide the bus driver through a safe reverse maneuver. It took about 20 minutes and held up other buses as a result.
Aye, bus drivers aren't allowed to reverse other than in bus stations or when there is an authorised person in attendance. I don't know if it applies to Arriva X14 reversing into a street then driving back out again to avoid the road closure at Longframlington.
(08 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Aye, bus drivers aren't allowed to reverse other than in bus stations or when there is an authorised person in attendance. I don't know if it applies to Arriva X14 reversing into a street then driving back out again to avoid the road closure at Longframlington.

If no one guided him/her then it applies.
(08 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]If no one guided him/her then it applies.

Nobody is in attendance in Longframlington, part of the interim route is to use a road then back into a street to turn around... very strange.
There's a difference here though. 'Illegal' being contrary to or forbidden by law, whereas 'aren't allowed' is being contrary to or forbidden by company policy.

I believe that certain operators have policies that buses aren't to be reversed, other than in a bus station, unless a banksman is present to assist. Obviously with it being a company policy, it's up to each individual operator to decide on whether or not they need to have that policy in place. I'd imagine part of the reason behind it is due to either risk assessment or demands placed by insurance companies.
I think it may be mentioned in the registration if the bus has to reverse and where.
I know Stagecoach have a blanket ban on reversing, even in the depot (unless under supervision) - disciplinary matter!
proa
(08 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Aye, bus drivers aren't allowed to reverse other than in bus stations or when there is an authorised person in attendance. I don't know if it applies to Arriva X14 reversing into a street then driving back out again to avoid the road closure at Longframlington.

There is the X18 at Craster too.

(08 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]There's a difference here though. 'Illegal' being contrary to or forbidden by law, whereas 'aren't allowed' is being contrary to or forbidden by company policy.

I believe that certain operators have policies that buses aren't to be reversed, other than in a bus station, unless a banksman is present to assist. Obviously with it being a company policy, it's up to each individual operator to decide on whether or not they need to have that policy in place. I'd imagine part of the reason behind it is due to either risk assessment or demands placed by insurance companies.

I have mentioned before, about assisting the H1 in Houghton.
The driver had no idea whether I could signal, whether I had been signed off on a course etc. He still followed my signals, in the snow a few years back.

The bottleneck in Houghton, often sees vehicles reversing. It would be total chaos, if drivers followed a procedure or policy, that forbade reversing without a banksman.
There has to be an element of common sense, rather than a hard/fast rule.