North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before the Hole-in-the-Wall Estate in Blaydon was made a thoroughfare upon the completion of the Blencathra Way section of road which leads onto Park Lane, the M7 was required to reverse at the top of the estate before coming back down the red-road towards Shibdon Bank.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think R3/R4 serve High Axwell in the same estate. This would also require a reverse manoeuvre unless there are no cars present. Also, Clara Vale requires a reserve manoeuvre.
(08 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I know Stagecoach have a blanket ban on reversing, even in the depot (unless under supervision) - disciplinary matter!

I guessed as much, from my previous experience (see previous post).

Passengers offered to get out of the bus and guide her through a reverse manoeuvre but she point blank refused. People asked to get off the bus on the basis that it would be quicker to walk to their destination, and again, she refused (on the basis that she was in the middle of a junction).
(08 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I know Stagecoach have a blanket ban on reversing, even in the depot (unless under supervision) - disciplinary matter!

Unless part of a route?
Stagecoach Oxfordshire's 18, does a turn/reverse in a car park in Clanfield as well as at a junction in Black Bourton if my memory is correct.
(08 Sep 2015, 6:46 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Unless part of a route?
Stagecoach Oxfordshire's 18, does a turn/reverse in a car park in Clanfield as well as at a junction in Black Bourton if my memory is correct.

Probably just North East - as North West's 78 reverses at Seatoller also.
Just to add another example of buses having to reverse as part of their route:

Scarborough & Districts 120 at Reighton Sands Holiday Park. It has to reverse into the stop where people obviously wait. There is a big yellow box allowing the bus to reverse a couple of metres away from the stop and then pulling forward over to the stop without any pedestrians/passengers being injured.
(04 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Additions for the fleet list of Central Taxis.
LR52 KVP Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
LR52 KWC Trident President, Blue.

LR52 KWZ Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
LR52 KWL Trident President, Blue / Geldards.
KV02 URT Trident ALX400, Blue / Blue Rinse advert.

These 5 Geldards buses are among about 20 which they handed back to Dawsons Rentals back in July, at the end of the school season. Sadly, it appears Geldards have 'gone under' in the past few days, judging by the announcement at http://www.generationm.co.uk/News/TravelDisruptionPage/

I've attached a pic of one of the buses now with Gateshead Central Taxis on one of its former regular workings with Geldards , a school run from Harrogate, taken back in April.
(13 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm)theblackwatch wrote [ -> ]These 5 Geldards buses are among about 20 which they handed back to Dawsons Rentals back in July, at the end of the school season. Sadly, it appears Geldards have 'gone under' in the past few days, judging by the announcement at http://www.generationm.co.uk/News/TravelDisruptionPage/

I've attached a pic of one of the buses now with Gateshead Central Taxis on one of its former regular workings with Geldards , a school run from Harrogate, taken back in April.

http://westleedsdispatch.com/geldards-co...istration/
See the post here in our Yorkshire thread...
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=599&pid=128785#pid12878
Another Public Inquiry for Central Taxis:-

Public Inquiry (51355) to be held at Hillcrest House, 386 Harehills Lane, LEEDS, LS9 6NF, on
15 October 2015 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication (2210)
)
PB1099280 SN
CENTRALTAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Director(s): MARK NELLIST.
5355 HIGH STREET, FELLING , GATESHEAD NE10 9LU
PSV S14 Consideration of new application under Section 14 (The Public Passenger
Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public
Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act
1985)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act
1985)
The Transport Manager at Central Taxis has been called to a Public Inqury.

Section 5.3 – Notice of Transport Manager Public Inquiries to be Held
TM Public Inquiry (EpisodeId:4296 PublicInquiryId:2889) for GRAHAM MULVANEY to be held
at Hillcrest House Hillcrest House 386 Harehills Lane Leeds LS9 6NF, on 15 October 2015
commencing at 10:30 (Previous Publication (6093))
Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009
Central Taxis sent a Nexus Solo out on the scholars 819 this afternoon in place of a Dennis Trident. It departed with passengers forward of the drivers cab due to the lack of available space.
(22 Sep 2015, 4:25 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Central Taxis sent a Nexus Solo out on the scholars 819 this afternoon in place of a Dennis Trident. It departed with passengers forward of the drivers cab due to the lack of available space.

Oh dear... Surprised they haven't put a Solo on mine yet.
A new addition to the Gateshead Central Taxis fleet - SF65 ARO.
[Image: 21036844174_65f478a632.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF65ARO by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr
(23 Sep 2015, 8:17 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]A new addition to the Gateshead Central Taxis fleet - SF65 ARO.
[Image: 21036844174_65f478a632.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF65ARO by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Heck, that's ugly.
(23 Sep 2015, 8:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Heck, that's ugly.

Agreed.

But the way I feel at the moment, I want to sleep in a Canny Bed.  Big Grin
(23 Sep 2015, 8:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Heck, that's ugly.

I also agree but the older ones are quite nice
Someone on YouTube videoed one
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O2wHS_bkfXs
PB1099280/24 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LEAD ROAD, GREENSIDE and THORP ACADEMY, RYTON given service number 877 effective from 23-Sep-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB1099280/53 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: St Thomas More Comp, Blaydon
Finish Point: Highfield School, Rowlands Gill
Via:
Service Number: 835
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 28-SEP-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday Schooldays only
GCT sent the Enviro 200 out on the Lord Lawson 874 Scholars this afternoon. I don't know how they managed to get all of the passengers onto that small bus.
(29 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]GCT sent the Enviro 200 out on the Lord Lawson 874 Scholars this afternoon. I don't know how they managed to get all of the passengers onto that small bus.

I go to Sixth Form at Lord Lawson Academy, and it is on I would say at least two times a week. However, it doesn't actually get that busy as most students prefer to use the option of the 23 to Springwell or the 28A to Lamesley.
(30 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I go to Sixth Form at Lord Lawson Academy, and it is on I would say at least two times a week. However, it doesn't actually get that busy as most students prefer to use the option of the 23 to Springwell or the 28A to Lamesley.

That's no better.