North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm)DanPicken Wrote: [ -> ]That's no better.

The 23 is generally good when it is the JH operation, however, GCT find keeping to a timetable impossible.
i had the unfortunate ride on a fiat today on 515 what a horrible motor seats felt too low and not enough space it was like a smaller version of London Underground Tube not much height and not much leg room
(30 Sep 2015, 10:04 pm)LeeCalder Wrote: [ -> ]GCT find keeping to a timetable impossible.

Agreed.

I dont think the driver I had had grasped the Hail and Ride concept, as he slammed on the brakes when someone asked for the bus to stop. On arrival at Lansbury Drive, an unscheduled fag was achieved by the driver, before arriving at Birtley Morrisons, 5 minutes late.
There's a 65 reg Fiat Bluebird on the Sainsbury's free shuttle service today
(03 Oct 2015, 1:35 pm)Davie Wrote: [ -> ]There's a 65 reg Fiat Bluebird on the Sainsbury's free shuttle service today

SF65ARO possibly?
https://flic.kr/p/y3XjRU
(03 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]SF65ARO possibly?
https://flic.kr/p/y3XjRU
I think so. Nice shot too.
caught a driver smoking inside a bus with a tab in his mouth
(07 Oct 2015, 7:32 pm)Diamond One Wrote: [ -> ]caught a driver smoking inside a bus with a tab in his mouth

What a surprise Wink On the 23 by any chance?
Report it to GCT
(08 Oct 2015, 5:36 am)NK53 TKT Wrote: [ -> ]What a surprise Wink On the 23 by any chance?
Report it to GCT

do they still use a bluebird on the 23
(08 Oct 2015, 6:39 am)jaimzm Wrote: [ -> ]do they still use a bluebird on the 23

Believe so
Yes the Bluebird is still on the 23
(28 Jul 2015, 9:20 pm)LeeCalder Wrote: [ -> ]I was told earlier that the Bluebird isn't actually up to the actual specification for the 23, does anyone know if this is true?

According to the PDF tyresmoke made in the Tender Discussion thread the minimum capacity for this service is 23, the Bluebird I had this afternoon could seat 20 passengers and allows 3 standees although I'm not 100% sure that you can have 23 passengers on-board if a wheelchair boards the bus.

Some other things from my ride on the 23 this afternoon, I noticed a slot for a hammer to smash the glass in an emergency, but no hammer. Also I don't know what the deal is with uniforms with GCT but the driver I had this afternoon was wearing a black hoodie.
(10 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]According to the PDF tyresmoke made in the Tender Discussion thread the minimum capacity for this service is 23, the Bluebird I had this afternoon could seat 20 passengers and allows 3 standees although I'm not 100% sure that you can have 23 passengers on-board if a wheelchair boards the bus.

Some other things from my ride on the 23 this afternoon, I noticed a slot for a hammer to smash the glass in an emergency, but no hammer. Also I don't know what the deal is with uniforms with GCT but the driver I had this afternoon was wearing a black hoodie.

Thing is though they are not a Bus Company, they are a Taxi Firm which has branched out a bit over the past few years, so at a guess I would say there Dress Code is casual.
(10 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]According to the PDF tyresmoke made in the Tender Discussion thread the minimum capacity for this service is 23, the Bluebird I had this afternoon could seat 20 passengers and allows 3 standees although I'm not 100% sure that you can have 23 passengers on-board if a wheelchair boards the bus.

It should not be on the road without a hammer.

Normally contracts are put out with min capacity, so if the vehicle says 23 and the contract is 23, then that is fine.

Not great, then
With regards to dress codes and such; I think we're getting into the realms of 'nitpicking' here. As a reminder, if there are any concerns over the quality of service provided by a Nexus contractor, then you should contact Nexus directly about it.
has GCT Lost their Streetlite to peter hogg
(14 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm)jaimzm Wrote: [ -> ]has GCT Lost their Streetlite to peter hogg

No.
(14 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm)jaimzm Wrote: [ -> ]has GCT Lost their Streetlite to peter hogg

Not possible, different registrations
PB1099280/45 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between West Boldon Bank Top and Whitburn COE School given service number SCH 801 effective from 19-Oct-2015. To amend Timetable.