North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Apr 2016, 7:33 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Why can't they put a bluebird on the 939

Because the 939 runs onto a taxibus service and it only contractually requires a taxi.
(11 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Insignia these days man. Any Vectra being used as a taxi must be clocking on for 200,000 miles by now.

That's the one!
Even though there are millions of Insignia's on the roads, the name escaped me.

I know of people (not me), who still refer to the vehicle in that 'category', as 'the new Cavalier'!
(11 Apr 2016, 6:32 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]Was a vauxhall 8 seater

No it was a Renault Master 16 seat vehicle in blue with Gateshead Central Taxis livery on a 62 registration.
(12 Apr 2016, 7:29 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]No it was a Renault Master 16 seat vehicle in blue with Gateshead Central Taxis livery on a 62 registration.

That's been on the 592 before
Is the fleet list on here still the same
Bluebird on 558 just left heworth
Well 80 pages in, a few legal judgements, smoking drivers, Bluebird inducing cramp and taxis on service routes....but they still stand.

Anyone expect GCT to have thrived or indeed expanded as much as they have to arguably become Gateshead's second biggest operator?

.....nah me neither
(14 Apr 2016, 10:36 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Well 80 pages in, a few legal judgements, smoking drivers, Bluebird inducing cramp and taxis on service routes....but they still stand.

Anyone expect GCT to have thrived or indeed expanded as much as they have to arguably become Gateshead's second biggest operator?

.....nah me neither

If they wanted more work they should take metro replacements plenty of deckers
(14 Apr 2016, 10:36 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Well 80 pages in, a few legal judgements, smoking drivers, Bluebird inducing cramp and taxis on service routes....but they still stand.

.....nah me neither

It cannot be argued that Gateshead Central Taxis has expanded as a business and grown (perhaps unexpectedly) to a satisfactory level, but when will we see the company give back? At the moment, they're leeching off tender opportunities within Tyne & Wear. People have questioned (rightly or wrongly) the methods and the reasons behind the scenes for why they can bid so low for contracts, but that's a different ballgame.

I personally would like to see them use their expanding knowledge of the market to attempt to operate a service on a commercial basis. This would show or prove how well Gateshead Central Taxis can compete with the big boys, without relying on Nexus to fund the service.
ive never tired any of their route can you use explorer on them ive never been on bluebird might give it try this weekend and i know this is off topic but do they still have the streetlite
(15 Apr 2016, 5:09 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It cannot be argued that Gateshead Central Taxis has expanded as a business and grown (perhaps unexpectedly) to a satisfactory level, but when will we see the company give back? At the moment, they're leeching off tender opportunities within Tyne & Wear. People have questioned (rightly or wrongly) the methods and the reasons behind the scenes for why they can bid so low for contracts, but that's a different ballgame.

I personally would like to see them use their expanding knowledge of the market to attempt to operate a service on a commercial basis. This would show or prove how well Gateshead Central Taxis can compete with the big boys, without relying on Nexus to fund the service.

Give back? How would you like them to give back? Every operator takes advantage of contracts and grants. 

Brand new Angel buses with the Green Bus Fund, operator grants through more efficient buses. All operators do it. Of course they've expanded lately as a business. It's just petty to suggest otherwise
(16 Apr 2016, 3:07 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Give back? How would you like them to give back? Every operator takes advantage of contracts and grants. 

Brand new Angel buses with the Green Bus Fund, operator grants through more efficient buses. All operators do it. Of course they've expanded lately as a business. It's just petty to suggest otherwise

As I said in my post - by using their knowledge of the market to operate a service commercially, without leeching off tender opportunities.

Other operators have managed to find commercial opportunities in services which were once subsidised - why can't Gateshead Central Taxis?
(16 Apr 2016, 3:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As I said in my post - by using their knowledge of the market to operate a service commercially, without leeching off tender opportunities.

Other operators have managed to find commercial opportunities in services which were once subsidised - why can't Gateshead Central Taxis?

It's hardly leeching. It's an obvious business plan for them. It's not easy to break into GNEs near monopoly of Gateshead, no one has attempted it since Arrivas I'll thought out X21 and classic in the 90s
(10 Oct 2015, 7:50 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]With regards to dress codes and such; I think we're getting into the realms of 'nitpicking' here. As a reminder, if there are any concerns over the quality of service provided by a Nexus contractor, then you should contact Nexus directly about it.

Whats dress code got to do with anything as long as the driver is up to the job it should not effect the service provided i see fitters driving School Buses in their overalls but still provide the standard expected from person in charge of the Vehicle.
E200 on R3/R4
Yx61bju is on the 73
Yy15gdk is on 592 someone got on thinking it was the 4
A white minivan is on the 592
Its Vx08gzu the registration
New to the fleet at Central Taxis is Wright Streetlite WF registered SL16 YPE in Nexus Bus livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...ed-public/
(20 May 2016, 2:20 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]New to the fleet at Central Taxis is Wright Streetlite WF registered SL16 YPE in Nexus Bus livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...ed-public/

Looks Smart, Here to replace the E200 or is there a PVR increase?
(20 May 2016, 4:09 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Looks Smart, Here to replace the E200 or is there a PVR increase?

No the new 68