North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 May 2016, 5:07 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]GCT aren't as bad as people make out are they? 

I had my first ride on a Bluebird on the R4 today and it was a nice clean bus, canny drivers and they even have the radio on! Can't fault them to be honest.

Hope they have paid for a PRS licence to play music in public.
(31 May 2016, 6:14 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]Hope they have paid for a PRS licence to play music in public.

Most drivers use earphones
Perhaps if GNE thought a little more about passengers and took a bit rough with the smooth Dan instead of purely thinking of profits Nexus wouldn't be providing this service and you thinking that Nexus should look at ticket options...
(31 May 2016, 7:39 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Perhaps if GNE thought a little more about passengers and took a bit rough with the smooth Dan instead of purely thinking of profits Nexus wouldn't be providing this service and you thinking that Nexus should look at ticket options...

You could argue the same of any operator, though, idiot.

Gateshead Central Taxis have no commercially operated work at all. It's all secured by Nexus. One could argue that they could be using these tender opportunities to gain experience in the market before plunging into the world of commercial work - but that hasn't happened. They're not taking the risk nor taking the rough with the smooth.

We've seen Go North East take on secured services on a commercial basis time and time again recently. I touched upon the potential reasons for this in another thread. We had the Quaylink last year, and the 33 in Sunderland is a more recent example of a secured service being operated commercially, with the 29 in Gateshead being an upcoming example in July.

The above services all probably breakeven or even possibly make a small profit. There are some services which will never do that - and that is the responsibility of the local authority to fund it, if deemed 'socially necessary'.
Managed to capture GCTs new WF Streetlite on the 68 today, https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/
The driver on the 592 tonight was very pleasant not oftern i give praise to this operator but there staff are now more positive.
The white ADL Enviro200 is on the 593 this evening.
(20 Jun 2016, 4:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The white ADL Enviro200 is on the 593 this evening.

Im sure there pleased to have that then there white vans
Can service 592 run 10 minutes early
(21 Jun 2016, 5:29 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Can service 592 run 10 minutes early

No.

1 minute early, 5 minutes late.

Anything else is outside of the traffic commissioner's guideline of 'on time'.
(21 Jun 2016, 5:29 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Can service 592 run 10 minutes early

Why? People will be waiting based on the timetable information.
(21 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Why? People will be waiting based on the timetable information.

I have to leave 15 minutes early to catch it as it comes 10 minutes before its due and sometimes ternamates at fullwell grange if no one is on board.
(21 Jun 2016, 5:35 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]I have to leave 15 minutes early to catch it as it comes 10 minutes before its due and sometimes ternamates at fullwell grange if no one is on board.

If you have some examples, then contact Nexus about it. Check the timetables online first, to make sure your times are right.
(21 Jun 2016, 5:35 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]I have to leave 15 minutes early to catch it as it comes 10 minutes before its due and sometimes ternamates at fullwell grange if no one is on board.

If it's terminating at Fulwell Grange you must be requiring to use that last couple of minutes of route from Seaburn Metro to Gladstone St. This is served every 10 mins by SNE services 23 isn't it, so why do you need to leave 15 mins early. Fair enough the bus should not be stopping short of its route but there are other options available to you. Apologies if I sound harsh but as a manager responsible for ensuring my staff can have adequate transport to and from work I would not authorise you to leave early for your reason.
(22 Jun 2016, 8:03 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]If it's terminating at Fulwell Grange you must be requiring to use that last couple of minutes of route from Seaburn Metro to Gladstone St. This is served every 10 mins by SNE services 23 isn't it, so why do you need to leave 15 mins early. Fair enough the bus should not be stopping short of its route but there are other options available to you. Apologies if I sound harsh but as a manager responsible for ensuring my staff can have adequate transport to and from work I would not authorise you to leave early for your reason.

I use it now and then from a range of places and intend to use it as it saves the hassle of 2 buses
(22 Jun 2016, 8:46 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]I use it now and then from a range of places and intend to use it as it saves the hassle of 2 buses

Yes but the point you make about having to leave earlyin order to catch the bus means if you are only using it on an as hoc basis between Seaburn and Roker, does not warrant a valid reason to "finish early" when there is a more regular bus available to and from same place. 

For example if you board the bus at Downhill or somewhere to travel to Roker I doubt the driver will terminate at The Grange as you would already be on it. But if you try to get on at Seaburn Metro to go the last few stops and the bus has gone off route at The Grange then yes that is a valid complaint.
Just speaking to the driver on the 23, and he says the StreetLite has been involved in a smash "with an Optare" and the Optare looks like it might be written off.
Yx61bju is on the 73.
Hope there isnt a van on 592
Does anyone know a phone number for GCT, just my grandma is going to complain about the 643 not turning up
(05 Jul 2016, 12:56 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know a phone number for GCT, just my grandma is going to complain about the 643 not turning up

The address, number and everything are googlable.