North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Aug 2016, 1:57 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Maybe the 803 and duplicate 803 are split between different operators?

No - two different registrations for GCT apparently. 

CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD - PB1099280/26
Registration Number:    
Variation Number    0
Status    Registered
Operator Name    CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Service Number(s)    803
Start Point    WEST BOLDON BANK TOP
Finish Point    WHITBURN COE SCHOOL
Via    
Service Type    School or Works
Date Received    04-JUL-2014
Effective Date    01-SEP-2014
End Date    -
TAOs covered by route    North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route    Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference    2181

CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD - PB1099280/63
Registration Number:    
Variation Number    0
Status    Registered
Operator Name    CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Service Number(s)    803 Dup
Start Point    Whitburn COE Academy
Finish Point    West Boldon Bank Top
Via    
Service Type    School or Works
Date Received    03-AUG-2016
Effective Date    03-AUG-2016
End Date    -
TAOs covered by route    North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route    Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference    2234
(08 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]No - two different registrations for GCT apparently.

Oh right, sorry about that, I didn't realise. That's definitely a funny one then!
(09 Aug 2016, 11:44 am)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Oh right, sorry about that, I didn't realise. That's definitely a funny one then!

I would say that your assumption is correct regarding two operators on the afternoon 803. My understanding is that Central Taxis gained the morning contract for the 803  (previously with Kingsley's) in 2014 and registered it under PB 1099280/26.

Kingsley's retained the afternoon 803 contract in 2014 registered under 1008075/115.

The latest registration by Central Taxis is for an additional 803 afternoon service.
(09 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]The latest registration by Central Taxis is for an additional 803 afternoon service.

I guess the question would be why does that require a new registration, rather than an amendment to the existing one? Bit of a strange one Smile
(09 Aug 2016, 5:56 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I guess the question would be why does that require a new registration, rather than an amendment to the existing one? Bit of a strange one Smile

I would guess the answer to this one is it's free to cancel a registration (if the extra 803 is no longer required) whereas it would cost another £60 to revise the existing one.
Here is an update from Route One relating to the Public Inquiry for Central Taxis.

http://www.route-one.net/articles/Legal/...r_third_PI

It is interesting to note that Central Taxis might not be able to take up some of the new contracts that were due to start in September 2016.
The 592 was a extremely 8 minutes early the bus was yx61bjo im discusted the driver doesn't know the time i think GCT should loose the contract if they cannot run it properly
(11 Aug 2016, 4:32 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]The 592 was a extremely 8 minutes early the bus was yx61bjo im discusted the driver doesn't know the time i think GCT should loose the contract if they cannot run it properly

A lot of people might think you are splurting a bit of bs, but I can vouch for this.

They can't keep to timetable on the 23 either, some you will see running about five minutes early, and some will be up to 15 minutes late, because when they do their driver changeovers near the Crem, they stand and have a chat for God knows how long! How professional....

I've emailed Nexus about this issue many a time, I just get their generic response of "We will raise this issue with the operator".
(12 Aug 2016, 7:07 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]A lot of people might think you are splurting a bit of bs, but I can vouch for this.

They can't keep to timetable on the 23 either, some you will see running about five minutes early, and some will be up to 15 minutes late, because when they do their driver changeovers near the Crem, they stand and have a chat for God knows how long! How professional....

I've emailed Nexus about this issue many a time, I just get their generic response of "We will raise this issue with the operator".

Prefer the Jim Hughes runs of the 23. GCT were 10 minutes late the other day and the driver was sure he was on time.
The 7.11 937 always passes Birtley Windsor Road at 7 without fail
There operation of Bus Services is absolutely shambolic to say the very least, with my worst experience coming yesterday evening on the 18:41pm 37 from Doxford International to Washington Galleries with me now working at Parseq, I was the only passenger on the Bus alongside the Driver who had his teenage daughter in tow, more or less leaning into him virtually cuddling him as he drove along the route, often distracting his attention to what was in front of him on road by doing this along with showing him stuff on her phone, which to be honest is absolutely appalling as the driver did not once tell her to sit down or something, he was more than content to put his and his daughters life in danger, as well as mine. Furthermore they seem to have a lot of issues with the ticket machines not printing tickets on the Solos which they use, often taking the fare for the journey without providing the passenger with a ticket, doesn't even appear as though they put in a replacement role of paper into the machine either, something which in my mind says they are not logging whatever on the ticket machine correctly, very dodgy indeed as if this was Go North East for example they would issue you with a written paper ticket until a replacement machine was sourced if it had incurred a fault, but with GCT it appears they log f*** all when it comes to faults etc, any wonder they are in deep shit at the moment.
(14 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]There operation of Bus Services is absolutely shambolic to say the very least, with my worst experience coming yesterday evening on the 18:41pm 37 from Doxford International to Washington Galleries with me now working at Parseq, I was the only passenger on the Bus alongside the Driver who had his teenage daughter in tow, more or less leaning into him virtually cuddling him as he drove along the route, often distracting his attention to what was in front of him on road by doing this along with showing him stuff on her phone, which to be honest is absolutely appalling as the driver did not once tell her to sit down or something, he was more than content to put his and his daughters life in danger, as well as mine. Furthermore they seem to have a lot of issues with the ticket machines not printing tickets on the Solos which they use, often taking the fare for the journey without providing the passenger with a ticket, doesn't even appear as though they put in a replacement role of paper into the machine either, something which in my mind says they are not logging whatever on the ticket machine correctly, very dodgy indeed as if this was Go North East for example they would issue you with a written paper ticket until a replacement machine was sourced if it had incurred a fault, but with GCT it appears they log f*** all when it comes to faults etc, any wonder they are in deep shit at the moment.

If a nexus inspector or them people who ask were your going were going were on could they have nexus ternamate that driver or cancel GCT operating any nexus secured services
On a positive note some of there drivers are nice and a pleasure to have a conversation with.
Also GCT has been better with spotters also as when GCT first gained the 37,73 contract a teenage woman put her finger up at me i never seen her since that.
Hopefully GCT can provide a better service in the nearby future
(14 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]There operation of Bus Services is absolutely shambolic to say the very least, with my worst experience coming yesterday evening on the 18:41pm 37 from Doxford International to Washington Galleries with me now working at Parseq, I was the only passenger on the Bus alongside the Driver who had his teenage daughter in tow, more or less leaning into him virtually cuddling him as he drove along the route, often distracting his attention to what was in front of him on road by doing this along with showing him stuff on her phone, which to be honest is absolutely appalling as the driver did not once tell her to sit down or something, he was more than content to put his and his daughters life in danger, as well as mine. Furthermore they seem to have a lot of issues with the ticket machines not printing tickets on the Solos which they use, often taking the fare for the journey without providing the passenger with a ticket, doesn't even appear as though they put in a replacement role of paper into the machine either, something which in my mind says they are not logging whatever on the ticket machine correctly, very dodgy indeed as if this was Go North East for example they would issue you with a written paper ticket until a replacement machine was sourced if it had incurred a fault, but with GCT it appears they log f*** all when it comes to faults etc, any wonder they are in deep shit at the moment.

They never normally print tickets when I'm on the drivers probably take the money themselves! Normally they are decent on the R3/4/6 but never been on many other services.
I can vouch for the ticket thing. My network one ran out last week and I caught the 23 up to Washington from Barley Mow.

Ticket machine was knackered. Driver said 'call it £2' and put it in his pocket...not the first time. Taxi bus operators are the same
(14 Aug 2016, 9:15 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I can vouch for the ticket thing. My network one ran out last week and I caught the 23 up to Washington from Barley Mow.

Ticket machine was knackered. Driver said 'call it £2' and put it in his pocket...not the first time. Taxi bus operators are the same

Again more evidence to show that GCT are dodgey, and are not logging things as they should, I know from using the 37 that it's £1.80 from Shiney Row to Doxford International, and I think it about £2.50-£3 from The Galleries.

I do think the drivers make up the fares as they go along in order to make the service look profitable when it isn't.
Yx61bju is back on the 592 im guessing bjo is back on the 643
there has been a been a mention in bus news that there is a disagreement between phoenix and GCT. I will find it and upload it on to here for proof
Do gct still operate a 90 to winlaton? Just wondering as it says ran by nexus on the last two runs
(16 Aug 2016, 5:09 pm)Brian13 wrote [ -> ]Do gct still operate a 90 to winlaton? Just wondering as it says ran by nexus on the last two runs

The contract that GCT had to run the 90 ended on 24th July 2015.
(17 Aug 2016, 8:28 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]The contract that GCT had to run the 90 ended on 24th July 2015.

Who does the last 90 then. I know jim hughes operate the 1801 from metrocentre.