North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what'll be allocated to the 701?
(02 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what'll be allocated to the 701?

Might be one of the Lolynes they have bought? Then again they would have to make them DDA compliant.
(02 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what'll be allocated to the 701?
I would imagine it would be a President.

Although, I think the minimum number of capacity for the contract is 60? If that 60 is for seating and standing, you could potentially use the ex GNE Renown.
ex-Go North East Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3867 is now in service with Gateshead Central Taxis. It was on scholars duty today, and appears to have been partially debranded.

[Image: 31316550883_d8a3e480aa.jpg]
Gateshead Central Taxis - W177SCU by aureolindn, on Flickr
(05 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]ex-Go North East Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3867 is now in service with Gateshead Central Taxis. It was on scholars duty today, and appears to have been partially debranded.

Been in service for atleast a month now, Done a Scholar's 805 for two days in a row before the Christmas Holiday's.
(05 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]ex-Go North East Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3867 is now in service with Gateshead Central Taxis. It was on scholars duty today, and appears to have been partially debranded.

Biddick to Harraton/Rickleton back in the day, with a Wear Buses ECW Olympian the official allocation for a good few years.
OK ran a morning spoiler. Competition, even on a scholars! Would be unheard of now.

This one entered service with Central Taxis in November 2016 with the part branding in place. As the vehicle does not comply with PSVAR its use on a service with individual fares is questionable. At least it is showing a destination display now something that was missing back in November.
Routes 37 and 73 will be diverted on the Coach Road Estate, Usworth, Washington, from Monday to Wednesday, 9-11 January, to allow resurfacing. Buses normally travel clockwise round the estate, but on these days will be diverted from Heworth Road to operate via The Drive, Well Bank Road, Coach Road and Heworth Road to Concord bus station. They will observe all stops along the diverted route.
(06 Jan 2017, 8:29 am)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]This one entered service with Central Taxis in November 2016 with the part branding in place. As the vehicle does not comply with PSVAR its use on a service with individual fares is questionable. At least it is showing a destination display now something that was missing back in November.

Cheers - I wasn't sure, as I hadn't seen it mentioned or any photos of it previously.
(06 Jan 2017, 8:29 am)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]This one entered service with Central Taxis in November 2016 with the part branding in place. As the vehicle does not comply with PSVAR its use on a service with individual fares is questionable. At least it is showing a destination display now something that was missing back in November.

Any non-DDA bus can be used on a commercial fare paying service for up to 20 days of a year without being classed as illegal, A exercise which GCT will no doubt be using.
(06 Jan 2017, 3:47 pm)South Tyne Lad Wrote: [ -> ]Any non-DDA bus can be used on a commercial fare paying service for up to 20 days of a year without being classed as illegal, A exercise which GCT will no doubt be using.

What you're referring to would be a very loose interpretation of the legislation, and one which I personally doubt would stand up legally if challenged. However, it would not apply in the case of W177SCU regardless, as the bus is not 20+ years old.
(06 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]What you're referring to would be a very loose interpretation of the legislation, and one which I personally doubt would stand up legally if challenged. However, it would not apply in the case of W177SCU regardless, as the bus is not 20+ years old.

Corrected, Cheers for letting me know, What I don't understand is why would a Step Entrance Single/Double deck vehicle be able to be used when a 16 1/2 Year old low floor Decker cant, -
Especially as the latter comes closer to the required regulations than a 20 year old Step Entrance vehicle even if both are classed as not meeting them?
(06 Jan 2017, 5:25 pm)South Tyne Lad Wrote: [ -> ]Corrected, Cheers for letting me know, What I don't understand is why would a Step Entrance Single/Double deck vehicle be able to be used when a 16 1/2 Year old low floor Decker cant, -
Especially as the latter comes closer to the required regulations than a 20 year old Step Entrance vehicle even if both are classed as not meeting them?

You then have the issues that a Bluebird Tuccana has, where the passenger in the very first seat needs to move when a wheelchair or push chair needs access.

CCT's YX09 EUD meets the criteria for accessibility in theory, but in reality it doesn't when it has a passenger in that front seat. The gap isn't big enough.
You can of course re-COIF them for 0 standing and therefore become a 'coach' and DDA exempt until 2020...
Had a good look around Gateshead Centrals yard this afternoon. Lots of interesting withdrawn stock present. Well worth a visit. Many thanks to their friendly staff.

Charles
Enviro 200 registered YY15 GDK is the allocated vehicle for the first day on the 701 for Central Taxis bringing the route to the required Euro 5 standard.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...ed-public/
Is the fleet list on here right or dose it need updating
The ex GNE Volvo B10BLE was on 515/558 today
(23 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm)park5354 Wrote: [ -> ]The ex GNE Volvo B10BLE was on 515/558 today

didn't really want say as I don't know if there is any truth in it because after previous encounters I have stopped believing in depot staff gossip. the staff member said that there is an ex GNE dennis dart MPD.

if It is not true then sorry for divulging false information
GCT have got the W3 whitley bay service from march