North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Jan 2020, 7:30 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]Hey, I don’t think I’ve quoted the correct person but the website created wasn’t paid for and I got fed up of chasing them up for it so i deleted it. 

I have now left the company.

You have quoted the wrong person. That is a shame, it was a good website.

I am not a fan of Gateshead Central Taxis.
(16 Jan 2020, 9:02 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]You have quoted the wrong person. That is a shame, it was a good website.

I am not a fan of Gateshead Central Taxis.

Sorry, bud,

I don't want to slander my former employers but I spent a number of hours working on the site after work, which really upset me. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. Hope Go North-East is better.
(16 Jan 2020, 9:35 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]Sorry, bud,

I don't want to slander my former employers but I spent a number of hours working on the site after work, which really upset me. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. Hope Go North-East is better.

You’re a bigger man than some of their employees who were formerly employed by Go North East, who love nothing more than saying how terrible the company was during their period of employment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone know if GCT will be operating the 84/84A with Fiat Ducato Mellor buses, or if they will use a Solos?
(16 Jan 2020, 9:40 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You’re a bigger man than some of their employees who were formerly employed by Go North East, who love nothing more than saying how terrible the company was during their period of employment!

I possibly don't know who you could mean lol
PB1099280/106 Registered
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route: Whitley Bay Metro Station to Whitley Bay Metro Station via Whitley Bay Town Centre, Whitley Lodge, Briardene
Service number: W2 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 22 Mar 2020
Central Taxis Registration for 11 & 19 Monday to Saturday evening services.

PB1099280/110 Registered
Route: The Avenue, Whitley Bay to Wallsend Metro, Interchange
Service number: 11 ()

PB1099280/109 Registered
Route: Northumberland Park Interchange, Shiremoor to NortH Shields Ferry Landing via Cobalt, Silverlink, Perly, Main Metro Station, Royal Quays
Service number: 19 ()
PB1099280/108
New CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD 84 (84A) Metrocentre Interchange Byrness Bus Turning Circle, West Denton Way
Central Taxis of Gateshead have won :-

W1/W1A
W2
84/84A

11 & 19 Evening & Sunday.

4 New buses on order.
(02 Feb 2020, 5:01 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]Central Taxis of Gateshead have won :-

W1/W1A
W2
84/84A

11 & 19 Evening & Sunday.

4 New buses on order.

Will GNE tickets be accepted on the 11 and 19?
(02 Feb 2020, 5:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will GNE tickets be accepted on the 11 and 19?

Sadly not.

(02 Feb 2020, 5:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Sadly not.

Can see a few complaints from the GNE customers then.

Whats the PVR for W1/W1A and W2?
(02 Feb 2020, 5:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Can see a few complaints from the GNE customers then.

Probably - ‘tis the nature of the beast though and not many passengers will understand that the local authority provides some journeys so their ticket they’ve bought in the morning may not necessarily get them back home.

Two for the W1, one for the W2.

(02 Feb 2020, 5:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Can see a few complaints from the GNE customers then.

It's really up to Nexus to mitigate that when they award contract work like this. 

In the past, I've managed to give them enough earache to allow GNE tickets to be accepted on the 83A morning run, and also the 82/83 when Arriva had it on an evening. But its wholly on Nexus. Not the commercial operator or the contracted operator.
(02 Feb 2020, 5:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Probably - ‘tis the nature of the beast though and not many passengers will understand that the local authority provides some journeys so their ticket they’ve bought in the morning may not necessarily get them back home.

Two for the W1, one for the W2.

So 3 spare buses for GNE then, wonder if they'll get withdrawn?
(02 Feb 2020, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]So 3 spare buses for GNE then, wonder if they'll get withdrawn?
724/725 might go to Riverside for 33.
709 could be a spare at Washington for 23.
(02 Feb 2020, 6:39 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]724/725 might go to Riverside for 33.
709 could be a spare at Washington for 23.
The W1 passengers will be relieved they won't get back ache from those horrible seats on 724/725. Not been on those 2 but on 722 which has the same interior and the seats were awful except at the back.
(04 Feb 2020, 9:40 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]The W1 passengers will be relieved they won't get back ache from those horrible seats on 724/725. Not been on those 2 but on 722 which has the same interior and the seats were awful except at the back.
Rarely allocated. They usually end up on little coaster routes.
(04 Feb 2020, 10:53 pm)Jordan2104 wrote [ -> ]Rarely allocated. They usually end up on little coaster routes.

I should hope they aren’t rarely allocated when they are the dedicated buses for the W1 (as 709 is for the W2!)

(02 Feb 2020, 5:54 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's really up to Nexus to mitigate that when they award contract work like this. 

In the past, I've managed to give them enough earache to allow GNE tickets to be accepted on the 83A morning run, and also the 82/83 when Arriva had it on an evening. But its wholly on Nexus. Not the commercial operator or the contracted operator.

It’s quite a complicated one in that the operators have to reach an agreement with the local authority to accept tickets. Usually the daytime operator has to pay for the privilege, I understand.

For something like this, the evening contracted work supplements the daytime work, so it may be in the daytime operators’ interests to reach this agreement.

Good news is that ticket acceptance has been agreed now for the 11 and 19. Contracts yet to be awarded for the evening 41s.