North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27 May 2020, 1:36 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]What a joke these contracts have turned out to be - if Gateshead Central Taxi's can't run them, then they should be stripped of them.

I don't think it's that GCT haven't been running them, I think both companies have been running some services together.
So GNE are at fault?
(27 May 2020, 2:10 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's that GCT haven't been running them, I think both companies have been running some services together.
So GNE are at fault?

Miscommunication then for both companies, if that's happened?

I thought from the latest timetables (some time in early May), the companies ran what they were supposed to?
Bluebird SF14HAE burnt out in East Rainton earlier, presumably on the 168
(03 Jul 2020, 12:57 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Bluebird SF14HAE burnt out in East Rainton earlier, presumably on the 168

Just seen a video someone shared on Facebook, won't see it back in service for definite!
Looks like some GCT drivers haven’t got the memo about the one way system at Metrocentre Bus Station as the 84 went in the no entry nearly colliding with one of Stagecoach’s Enviro 200MMCs as it was coming out (they beeped the horn at them for it)

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
GCT are gaining the 23 from the 19th July. It is quite shocking to see how much work they have gained, especially at the current climate of things when the current operator does a phenomenal job, just for the standard of service to go downhill.
Well if the opertared it commercially they would operate it!
(10 Jul 2020, 12:22 pm)S830OFT Wrote: [ -> ]GCT are gaining the 23 from the 19th July. It is quite shocking to see how much work they have gained, especially at the current climate of things when the current operator does a phenomenal job, just for the standard of service to go downhill.

Maybe the bus operator that’s running the 23 is asking for more money to operate the service , same goes to other secured services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10 Jul 2020, 12:22 pm)S830OFT Wrote: [ -> ]GCT are gaining the 23 from the 19th July. It is quite shocking to see how much work they have gained, especially at the current climate of things when the current operator does a phenomenal job, just for the standard of service to go downhill.

Lets hope they have enough buses Tongue

Oh dear, who are they gaining it off?
(10 Jul 2020, 1:26 pm)Big O Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear, who are they gaining it off?

Go North East.
(10 Jul 2020, 1:34 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Go North East.

How sad, any idea on size vehicles the tender specifies?
(10 Jul 2020, 3:02 pm)Big O Wrote: [ -> ]How sad, any idea on size vehicles the tender specifies?

Sorry i have no idea, =(
(10 Jul 2020, 3:07 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry i have no idea, =(

Cheers for your help anyway  Wink
GNE have been using tiny Solos so my guess would be the lowest capacity Nexus use, maybe 23, cant remember?
(10 Jul 2020, 5:00 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]GNE have been using tiny Solos so my guess would be the lowest capacity Nexus use, maybe 23, cant remember?
Was when they had it before IIRC, they used a Fiat Ducato when they had one of the two boards for it a few year back (JH Coaches had the other)
I've been informed that it'll be Enviro 200MMC's that get used on service 23 this time round
(13 Jul 2020, 8:56 pm)LeeCalder Wrote: [ -> ]I've been informed that it'll be Enviro 200MMC's that get used on service 23 this time round

Interesting. Go North East's 9.25m Solos ground in Springwell when these are allocated to service 23. I wouldn't have thought their small Enviro200s would get round any easier...
Hun
(13 Jul 2020, 9:00 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. Go North East's 9.25m Solos ground in Springwell when these are allocated to service 23. I wouldn't have thought their small Enviro200s would get round any easier...

JH used to manage with the ALX300, Dart and E200. Blackfell certainly has a parked car issue...
(13 Jul 2020, 9:00 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. Go North East's 9.25m Solos ground in Springwell when these are allocated to service 23. I wouldn't have thought their small Enviro200s would get round any easier...

Maybe the drivers aren’t what they used to be... Smile

The 23s predecessor, the old 184 when Go Ahead had it was run with Metrobuses and basically anything Wear Buses had spare. Classic always ran full size buses on it too.