North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Jul 2014, 6:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Is that allowed? Storing vehicles at somewhere besides where they have a license?

If it's one of the ones over 16 seats, then I'd say not. I had thought that registered vehicles on an operator's licence had to be stored at one of their operating centres when not in use?
Cant remember if it was ever mentioned, but I passed the Holly Hill site and they have at least one vehicle, which looks like a debranded DCC hospital link (or whatever they are called) bus parked up.
Went past Stoneygate Lane on the 93 earlier and there was a blue and white Solo SR parked in a yard next to a Nexus Bluebird. Is it a new purchase for the upcoming contracts?
(23 Jul 2014, 10:06 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Went past Stoneygate Lane on the 93 earlier and there was a blue and white Solo SR parked in a yard next to a Nexus Bluebird. Is it a new purchase for the upcoming contracts?

Unless it's brand new and has a total capacity of 49 (much like the new "Venture" branded Solo SRs GNE have) opposed to what was the usual 48, then this vehicle still won't be fully compliant for the tenders they've won - which to my memory were mainly based on a total capacity of 49. In all honesty, given that it's white and blue opposed to being Nexus-liveried (like the new Bluebirds), I can't see it being brand new.

With just three days to go prior to these contracts becoming operational, it is worrying that very few compliant vehicles have been sorted. I wonder, should aureolin be able to receive another one of these penalty documents, if this will show for next period?

What I will say in GCT's favour is that they have purchased the Bluebirds and put them in Nexus livery. The contract didn't seem to stipulate the use of Nexus-liveried vehicles, but it's good that GCT has used their initiative and done so anyway.
(23 Jul 2014, 10:06 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Went past Stoneygate Lane on the 93 earlier and there was a blue and white Solo SR parked in a yard next to a Nexus Bluebird. Is it a new purchase for the upcoming contracts?

Was it not this - YJ12 NBX - Optare Solo SR Demonstrator
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/14754432923/

Note that it also has Passengers on Board, Wonder if GCT have took over the 73 a few Days Early.
(24 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Was it not this - YJ12 NBX - Optare Solo SR Demonstrator

Note that it also has Passengers on Board, Wonder if GCT have took over the 73 a few Days Early.

Or drivers route training?

I'd imagine this will only be with GCT temporarily, and that it's a loan from Optare whilst new vehicles are being manufactured - given that it'll have a total capacity of 48 opposed to 49 (like new Solo SRs have).
(24 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Or drivers route training?

I'd imagine this will only be with GCT temporarily, and that it's a loan from Optare whilst new vehicles are being manufactured - given that it'll have a total capacity of 48 opposed to 49 (like new Solo SRs have).

It was spotted in Hebburn earlier too, presumably route learning the 515/558
(24 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Was it not this - YJ12 NBX - Optare Solo SR Demonstrator

Yeah that's the one Smile

I see it's silver as opposed to white. It was slightly dark when I saw it so I'll use that as an excuse Tongue
(24 Jul 2014, 6:49 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Unless it's brand new and has a total capacity of 49 (much like the new "Venture" branded Solo SRs GNE have) opposed to what was the usual 48, then this vehicle still won't be fully compliant for the tenders they've won - which to my memory were mainly based on a total capacity of 49. In all honesty, given that it's white and blue opposed to being Nexus-liveried (like the new Bluebirds), I can't see it being brand new.

With just three days to go prior to these contracts becoming operational, it is worrying that very few compliant vehicles have been sorted. I wonder, should aureolin be able to receive another one of these penalty documents, if this will show for next period?

What I will say in GCT's favour is that they have purchased the Bluebirds and put them in Nexus livery. The contract didn't seem to stipulate the use of Nexus-liveried vehicles, but it's good that GCT has used their initiative and done so anyway.
I'll put a request in further down the line. I intend to ask for an updated secured services list though, which shows vehicle requirements etc.
(24 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Yeah that's the one Smile

I see it's silver as opposed to white. It was slightly dark when I saw it so I'll use that as an excuse Tongue

From what I have just been reading on "The North East Road Transport" Page on Facebook, there looks to be more Solo SR's on there way to GCT in the coming weeks.

[attachment=5766]
(24 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]From what I have just been reading on "The North East Road Transport" Page on Facebook, there looks to be more Solo SR's on there way to GCT in the coming weeks.

Totally irrelevant - but can remember the SNUG factory being the scene of a nasty murder 12/13 years ago.
Noted the former? PCL Travel B6LE parked up in the GCT compound in Hebburn last night.
(24 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]From what I have just been reading on "The North East Road Transport" Page on Facebook, there looks to be more Solo SR's on there way to GCT in the coming weeks.

North East Road Transport??
PB1099280/24 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: LEAD ROAD, GREENSIDE
Finish Point: THORP ACADEMY, RYTON
Via:
Service Number: 877
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY

PB1099280/25 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: FALMOUTH DRIVE, LOW SIMONSIDE
Finish Point: NORTH ROAD, BOLDON COLLIERY
Via:
Service Number: 542

PB1099280/26 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: WEST BOLDON BANK TOP
Finish Point: WHITBURN COE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: 803
Other Details: M0NDAY TO FRIDAY

PB1099280/27 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: KIRKWOOD GARDENS, WARDLEY
Finish Point: CARDINAL HUME SCHOOL, WREKENTON
Via:
Service Number: 878

PB1099280/28 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: ST JOSEPH'S RC SCHOOL, MILL LANE, HEBBURN
Finish Point: DURHAM DRIVE, FELLGATE ESTATE
Via:
Service Number: 821

PB1099280/29 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: ST JOSEPH'S COMP SCHOOL MILL LANE, HEBBURN
Finish Point: SOUTH SHIELDS MARKET, CHAPTER ROW
Via:
Service Number: 824
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONE WAY

PB1099280/30 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: FALMOUTH DRIVE, LOW SIMONSIDE, SOUTH TYNESIDE
Finish Point: ST JOSEPH'S COMP SCHOOL, MILL LANE HEBBURN
Via:
Service Number: 820
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONCE A DAY

PB1099280/31 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: LORD LAWSON COMP SCHOOL, BIRTLEY
Finish Point: KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE, KIBBLESWORTH
Via:
Service Number: 874
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONCE A DAY
GCT will definitely need a bigger bus than a B6BLE to operate the 878. Arriva had the contract last year and they always had an X2 Gemini on it which was always almost full.
(25 Jul 2014, 4:37 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]GCT will definitely need a bigger bus than a B6BLE to operate the 878. Arriva had the contract last year and they always had an X2 Gemini on it which was always almost full.

Similar the 874, back in the day it was opped by Wear Buses Lynx but its been a DD for as long as I recall ever since they changed the route to cover Wrekenton.
820, 821 & 824 were all operated by deckers up to the end of term so unless there has been a reduction in capacity requirements GCT will need some double deck buses and somewhere to store them.
I was at Sainsburys Team Valley yesterday and saw the shuttle bus was owned by Gateshead Central Taxis and appears to be in Nexus colours without markings except for the legal notices. I had noticed it over the last few weeks but not seen the owner's name. It appears to be a minibus (midi-bus?) similar to those operated by GNE on the 29 service which I saw together going round the 'Gold Medal' roundabout. This is my first post and I am not an expert at these types of bus
(26 Jul 2014, 9:44 am)Pete1 wrote [ -> ]I was at Sainsburys Team Valley yesterday and saw the shuttle bus was owned by Gateshead Central Taxis and appears to be in Nexus colours without markings except for the legal notices. I had noticed it over the last few weeks but not seen the owner's name. It appears to be a minibus (midi-bus?) similar to those operated by GNE on the 29 service which I saw together going round the 'Gold Medal' roundabout. This is my first post and I am not an expert at these types of bus

See post below:

(01 Jul 2014, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ][Image: 14365071969_57d8234dd6.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF14HAE by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
(25 Jul 2014, 9:05 am)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Noted the former? PCL Travel B6LE parked up in the GCT compound in Hebburn last night.

If it's got "Sainsbury's" written where the destination display should be, it's been there for quite a while... possibly a few weeks now?