North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03 Apr 2021, 2:00 pm)MichealAaron wrote [ -> ]Like I said the other day. There walking on a thin branch and they don't care. Wouldn't be surprised vosa shut them down

Back in the day when GNE ran the 592/593 with metroriders, and trips were missed and sections of route were missed out.

Same when there ran the 126 with mercs and in service missing out big chunks of route , and Vosa didn’t shut them down.

To many nit picking on GCT, to much anti for independents, should be Lucky that these independents are still running which haven’t been swallowed up or ran off the road, otherwise the top 3 bus companies in the area will charge what there like to the local authorities for contracts which they deemed is not for profit for there shareholders to pay for there second homes and mistresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03 Apr 2021, 2:20 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Back in the day when GNE ran the 592/593 with metroriders, and trips were missed and sections of route were missed out.

Same when there ran the 126 with mercs and in service missing out big chunks of route , and Vosa didn’t shut them down.

To many nit picking on GCT, to much anti for independents, should be Lucky that these independents are still running which haven’t been swallowed up or ran off the road, otherwise the top 3 bus companies in the area will charge what there like to the local authorities for contracts which they deemed is not for profit for there shareholders to pay for there second homes and mistresses

I don't think anyone is 'anti-independents' - what doesn't wash nowadays is poor operation, and that is the same regardless of who the operator is, be it the larger three, or anyone else.

JH Coaches and Stanley Travel are two excellent examples of SME operators who invest in their fleet, are smartly presented, have kind and courteous drivers, and seem to run their contracts well. They mightn't have all the same 'niceties' such as free Wi-Fi and power sockets as Go North East or Arriva, for example, but are really professional and seem to be doing well for themselves (even if that's in other areas - not the local bus scene tender market, where Gateshead Central Taxis almost have the monopoly).

A-line Coaches have also significantly invested in the last year or two, have created a new corporate identity (even if I'm personally not keen on their battleship grey livery), and have fulfilled the BODS requirements, so their services can now be tracked in real-time.
(03 Apr 2021, 2:00 pm)MichealAaron wrote [ -> ]Like I said the other day. There walking on a thin branch and they don't care. Wouldn't be surprised vosa shut them down

Nexus wouldn't let that happen, who else are they going to get to run their services for sod all!

(03 Apr 2021, 2:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't think anyone is 'anti-independents' - what doesn't wash nowadays is poor operation, and that is the same regardless of who the operator is, be it the larger three, or anyone else.

JH Coaches and Stanley Travel are two excellent examples of SME operators who invest in their fleet, are smartly presented, have kind and courteous drivers, and seem to run their contracts well. They mightn't have all the same 'niceties' such as free Wi-Fi and power sockets as Go North East or Arriva, for example, but are really professional and seem to be doing well for themselves (even if that's in other areas - not the local bus scene tender market, where Gateshead Central Taxis almost have the monopoly).

A-line Coaches have also significantly invested in the last year or two, have created a new corporate identity (even if I'm personally not keen on their battleship grey livery), and have fulfilled the BODS requirements, so their services can now be tracked in real-time.

I think we can all agree that if GNE or Arriva were missing out areas left right and centre we'd all complain!
In fact, I complained many a time when a driver on the X21 refused to take me to Tesco in Tindale because he couldn't be bothered to go to the last stop (Before the extension to West).
And, the fact that to some on here I think the sun shines out of GNE's arse, and others I do nothing but complain about them backs that up!

I'm not anti-independent, I'm just anti-bad service!
(03 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Noted that neither journey on the 593 operated on Thursday, or, at least, did not make it as far as Pallion.
Buses not completing the full route when there are no passengers on board just before the end of the route isn't confined to GCT!
Services are that bad now that ive resorted to either walking or using my bike
(03 Apr 2021, 2:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't think anyone is 'anti-independents' - what doesn't wash nowadays is poor operation, and that is the same regardless of who the operator is, be it the larger three, or anyone else.

Henry Cooper's is another good example of an excellent independent, having rode on their 392 service on Thursday evening I found that their Eclipse Urban 2 they used was presented verry nicely and the driver was also nice. I do hope they end up getting more contracts.
I worked for GCT, not too fussed if they see this message either but they are a piss poor operation, cowboy and borderline illegal. I could tell you many stories of my time there but I won’t. I just hope they aren’t allowed to expand while other operators such as JH, Pheonix, Stanley and A-Line still struggle to get tendered work.
Spotted this on the VOSA email I get on a Thursday night

Section 5.2 – Decisions Taken at Public Inquiries

Public Inquiry (82995) held at Hillcrest House (Leeds), LS9 6NF, 386 Harehills Lane, LEEDS, on 23 March 2021 commenced at 10:00
PB1099280 SN
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Director(s): MARK NELLIST
STONEYGATE HOUSE, STONEYGATE LANE, GATESHEAD, NE10 0HJ
S14 - Variation Application refused.

S17 - Formal warning.

Not sure what S14/S17 is?
(03 Apr 2021, 3:26 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]Buses not completing the full route when there are no passengers on board just before the end of the route isn't confined to GCT!

No, but I’d hazard a guess (based on my experience the day prior at the start of the route) that it did not operate at all.

I think S means Section so maybe Section 14/17. So basically they got let of with a warning
(03 Apr 2021, 8:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]No, but I’d hazard a guess (based on my experience the day prior at the start of the route) that it did not operate at all.

If only a Bus Open Data Service existed and you could check for yourself.......oh wait!
I'm amazed Nexus doesn't insist on vehicle tracking to ensure the services are ran exactly to the contract, though I did note a school service by another independent operator not finishing it route by terminating short and returning back to its depot because it was empty, it also missed out the section of route where I was waiting for it too. Though to be honest a lot of school services at the moment are restricted to school pupils only, it's not as if they are likely to pick up passengers when it's heading away from the school.
(03 Apr 2021, 10:33 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]I'm amazed Nexus doesn't insist on vehicle tracking to ensure the services are ran exactly to the contract, though I did note a school service by another independent operator not finishing it route by terminating short and returning back to its depot because it was empty, it also missed out the section of route where I was waiting for it too. Though to be honest a lot of school services at the moment are restricted to school pupils only, it's not as if they are likely to pick up passengers when it's heading away from the school.
Be amazed how often this happens especially on last runs of the day and scholars, I've even seen GNE not run to the end of scholars routes before.

Independents are often more prone to doing so as drivers are less likely to get into bother for it whereas if this occurred at the likes of Arriva or GNE the driver would be in hot water.

Considering the routes of the 592/593 its most likely a case of just picking at Doxford in the evening and setting down wherever so less incentive to do full journeys if passengers don't wish to go that far as it's not likely to pick anybody up elsewhere along the route (I am in no way excusing it, just stating that as a likely suggestion for this occurring).
(03 Apr 2021, 2:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]A-line Coaches have also significantly invested in the last year or two, have created a new corporate identity (even if I'm personally not keen on their battleship grey livery), and have fulfilled the BODS requirements, so their services can now be tracked in real-time.

That was me, A-line were meant to have a silver livery but instead picked a battleship grey which was a few shades lighter than the alternative colour I provided.

I had no say in livery application or vinyl production sadly, which is where it went a bit wrong, but thank you for your feedback!  Smile

[attachment=9734]
(03 Apr 2021, 10:00 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]If only a Bus Open Data Service existed and you could check for yourself.......oh wait!
I think that there is a "transitional phase" that lasts for the whole of 2021!

(03 Apr 2021, 7:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Spotted this on the VOSA email I get on a Thursday night

Section 5.2 – Decisions Taken at Public Inquiries

Public Inquiry (82995) held at Hillcrest House (Leeds), LS9 6NF, 386 Harehills Lane, LEEDS, on 23 March 2021 commenced at 10:00
PB1099280 SN
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Director(s): MARK NELLIST
STONEYGATE HOUSE, STONEYGATE LANE, GATESHEAD, NE10 0HJ
S14 - Variation Application refused.

S17 - Formal warning.

Not sure what S14/S17 is?

These relate to the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 Sections 14 and 17 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/14/section/17
(05 Apr 2021, 10:01 am)busmanT wrote [ -> ]I think that there is a "transitional phase" that lasts for the whole of 2021!

The BODS implementation shows there are elements of open data that are phased, but certainly location and simple fare data should have been in by 31st December 2020 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...tion-guide
(05 Apr 2021, 2:40 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]The BODS implementation shows there are elements of open data that are phased, but certainly location and simple fare data should have been in by 31st December 2020 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...tion-guide

There is a section (155?), which outlines the compliance, enforcement and support available.
Fines issued by the TC are an option, but ongoing support is available throughout the year.
Gateshead Central Taxis look to have a new depot just off Nest Road, though at the moment it looks more likely it is being used for storage rather than operational with it being full of Orange Tridents and Minibuses in various states of disassemblement. Possibly moving there in the future as there looks to be a garage with vehicle repair bays.
(05 Apr 2021, 2:40 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]The BODS implementation shows there are elements of open data that are phased, but certainly location and simple fare data should have been in by 31st December 2020 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...tion-guide
I response to tweeting them about GCT and Scarlet Band not having live data (the latter are also a large provided of local services) I received the following reply 
"Hi
the open data requirements have been phased, timetables has been enforceable from 31 December 2020 and location and simple fares from 07 January 2021. However, the transitional period has been extended to December 2021 in response to challenges from Covid-19".
[Image: 51106173820_d674cdde9b_c.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis YX21 RUA by kieron mathews, on Flickr

GCT have taken delivery of 5 more E200MMCs 3 of which have entered service today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk