North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Apr 2021, 9:16 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Well the running of the SNS got off to a good start, Solo SR YJ18DLE has expired near Nightingale.

What else is running on the SNS?
(19 Apr 2021, 10:19 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]What else is running on the SNS?
[Image: 51126038515_a878b765ac_z.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead SK67 FMY. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
[Image: 51124977579_e9ab601c13_z.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead YJ64 DYV. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
Looks like one StreetLite and two solos. Im very surprised at that
(19 Apr 2021, 10:57 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ][Image: 51126038515_a878b765ac_z.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead SK67 FMY. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
[Image: 51124977579_e9ab601c13_z.jpg]Central Taxis Gateshead YJ64 DYV. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr

Thank you, bit of a mix
Aren’t they supposed to be every 20
minutes as I’ve come over to the road near Nightingale and it was half an hour between each one

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
(19 Apr 2021, 11:58 am)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Aren’t they supposed to be every 20
minutes as I’ve come over to the road near Nightingale and it was half an hour between each one

Now they’re just coming within 10 minutes of each other as DYV has went past me 3 times and FMY has just came past 5 minutes after DYV

(19 Apr 2021, 11:58 am)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Aren’t they supposed to be every 20

And of course they don't track on bustimes.org and neither GCT nor Nexus have an app that shows their buses
(19 Apr 2021, 5:50 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]And of course they don't track on bustimes.org and neither GCT nor Nexus have an app that shows their buses

Yeah I’ve noticed that, could say the same about Scarlet Band as all other operators that run multiple services barring these two can be tracked but that’s for another thread that discussion.

We've established elsewhere on this forum this evening that certain members of the forum like to 'attack' Gateshead Central Taxis. Others would suggest it's noting operational issues in a bid to provoke discussion on compliance and adhering to legal and/or contractual obligations.

It was noted yesterday that the SNS service, on its first day of operation under Gateshead Central Taxis, suffered a breakdown with an 18-reg Optare Solo. This is unfortunate, but paired with the roadworks near Deptford Terrace, resulted in services running to severe delays all day. Seemingly rather than three buses run the contract as they are contractually bound to do, Gateshead Central ran the service with two buses (a 64-reg Optare Solo and a 67-reg Wright Streetlite). At approximately 17:30, I noticed the Solo and Streetlite running in tandem. That presumably means that there were gaps in service of an hour, rather than the service running every 20 minutes as is scheduled.

The 18-reg Solo was allocated again today so was presumably repaired (hooray!) however it is disappointing to note that the quality of service has vastly reduced now the service is no longer being operated by Go North East (sub-contracted to JH Coaches):
  • mini/midibus sized vehicles now being allocated, rather than full-size single-decks, reducing social distancing capabilities (should loadings have warranted larger buses).
  • vehicles not equipped with vandal screens to protect drivers, and despite this, most drivers are not wearing a face covering (see examples herehereherehere and here).
  • vehicles not equipped with hand sanitiser, as they were historically
  • improper social distancing measures in place between presumed staff members (see examples here and here - I wonder if the other man not driving enjoyed his McDonalds at the front of the bus?)
What we don't know for certain is if Gateshead Central Taxis are using any enhanced cleaning measures such as fogging devices, as we know the previous operator of the contract did, providing assurance and comfort of mind to those using the bus to get their vaccination, but I'd suggest this is unlikely.

Elsewhere it was noted that whilst both the 592 and 593 operated yesterday (both departing Doxford Park on time), but the 17:15 journey on service 593 operated in excess of five minutes early heading towards Pallion.
(20 Apr 2021, 6:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It was noted yesterday that the SNS service, on its first day of operation under Gateshead Central Taxis, suffered a breakdown with an 18-reg Optare Solo. This is unfortunate, but paired with the roadworks near Deptford Terrace, resulted in services running to severe delays all day. Seemingly rather than three buses run the contract as they are contractually bound to do, Gateshead Central ran the service with two buses (a 64-reg Optare Solo and a 67-reg Wright Streetlite). At approximately 17:30, I noticed the Solo and Streetlite running in tandem. That presumably means that there were gaps in service of an hour, rather than the service running every 20 minutes as is scheduled.

Had this been the first day GCT had failed to meet expectations, I'd be all for letting a small independent have some time to get stuff right. Reality is they've been absolute cowboys for years now, reportedly running vehicles in unroadworthy states, constantly missing out sections of routes, failing to meet contract spec (the list goes on). 

How these guys get contracts ahead of reputable independents, such as JH, or larger companies is disgusting. With NE local authorities seemingly advocating a race to the bottom (see Northumberland CC with their awards of contracts to companies such as PCL), it makes you wonder why companies such as GNE even bother trying to get folk back onto buses. Constantly rewarding shoddy operation with new contracts will inevitably lead to small companies who hold high standards being pushed out of business and that's unacceptable.
The 18 plate Solo was repaired about 20 mins or so after I had posted about it yesterday being topped up with vital fluids by a support vehicle, but I don't think an attempt was made to get it running to its original timings.

Oh, also Nexus has the facilityto check the vehicles are running the correct route as they said they checked the ticket machine of a vehicle that my friend complained about early running on the 42 amongst other things. Just a shame they haven't got around to adding vehicles to tracking. Smaller ops like A-Line and rural ops like Travelsure have managed it, so there's real no excuse to why they aren't tracking.
The SNS service has been sub contracted to L & B coaches. L & B drivers are using GCT buses.
I just wish GCT would give some services back,where i live,i could walk through and get the 335,but i rather not as GCT run services are a complete 'lottery' wether your bus is gonna turn up or not,likewise if im coming from my friends house (im in their social bubble),i always aim for the last GNE run 11,just so i dont have to travel on one of their breadvans,quality round here on services has completely died as of last year
(20 Apr 2021, 6:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]We've established elsewhere on this forum this evening that certain members of the forum like to 'attack' Gateshead Central Taxis. Others would suggest it's noting operational issues in a bid to provoke discussion on compliance and adhering to legal and/or contractual obligations.

It was noted yesterday that the SNS service, on its first day of operation under Gateshead Central Taxis, suffered a breakdown with an 18-reg Optare Solo. This is unfortunate, but paired with the roadworks near Deptford Terrace, resulted in services running to severe delays all day. Seemingly rather than three buses run the contract as they are contractually bound to do, Gateshead Central ran the service with two buses (a 64-reg Optare Solo and a 67-reg Wright Streetlite). At approximately 17:30, I noticed the Solo and Streetlite running in tandem. That presumably means that there were gaps in service of an hour, rather than the service running every 20 minutes as is scheduled.

The 18-reg Solo was allocated again today so was presumably repaired (hooray!) however it is disappointing to note that the quality of service has vastly reduced now the service is no longer being operated by Go North East (sub-contracted to JH Coaches):
  • mini/midibus sized vehicles now being allocated, rather than full-size single-decks, reducing social distancing capabilities (should loadings have warranted larger buses).
  • vehicles not equipped with vandal screens to protect drivers, and despite this, most drivers are not wearing a face covering (see examples herehereherehere and here).
  • vehicles not equipped with hand sanitiser, as they were historically
  • improper social distancing measures in place between presumed staff members (see examples here and here - I wonder if the other man not driving enjoyed his McDonalds at the front of the bus?)
What we don't know for certain is if Gateshead Central Taxis are using any enhanced cleaning measures such as fogging devices, as we know the previous operator of the contract did, providing assurance and comfort of mind to those using the bus to get their vaccination, but I'd suggest this is unlikely.

Elsewhere it was noted that whilst both the 592 and 593 operated yesterday (both departing Doxford Park on time), but the 17:15 journey on service 593 operated in excess of five minutes early heading towards Pallion.

Whilst the driver and the other person (presumably an employee) are exempt from wearing face coverings under section 3 of the Act, it does make you wonder whether Nexus feel that this offers a suitable level of protection to passengers travelling for a vaccine? I would argue not, and I personally think that Nexus should be insisting on plastic screens as a control measure at a point of close contact.

It's also worth noting that whilst even if they are both employees, they are not exempt from social distancing rules. I'd imagine local public health teams would have concerns about a blatant disregard of Health and Safety at work.

The point about cleaning is also an interesting one. I was out on Go North East buses over the weekend, and to be honest I've never seen them so clean. I'll not claim they were spotless, but certainly there's a notable additional effort being applied to cleaning and internal presentation, which I hope continues into the future, post-Covid. I know Nexus have dropped the 'quality' measure from their specification, but I'd like to think they still cared about cleanliness and presentation... some of GCT's buses are about as well presented as a well-used public toilet.
(20 Apr 2021, 8:19 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]The SNS service has been sub contracted to L & B coaches.  L & B drivers are using GCT buses.

Ah so that's how it's working, it also explains why I saw an L&B Ford Transit minibus lurking around the area whilst I was there.
Apparently the free Tesco services T1, T2 and T3 in Kingston Park could be axed. The M71 will continue to be operated by Phoenix Coaches. Disappointing if the free services are withdrawn.
Tbh I barely see anyone on that service when I've seen it..tbh it should be axed. Wideopen has 42A and Regent Centre and wherever the other buses serve have the metro and X47 and 6
I believe one of the conditions for Tesco obtaining planning consent was to subside a bus service to the store. The same situation exists with Gateshead Tesco.

Charles
Anyone happen to know the fares on the M71 service?
Wonder if the T1 T2 and T3 being withdrawn will be the same reason Go North East Withdrawn the A1 A2 and A3 from Asda Byker