North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if the T1 T2 and T3 being withdrawn will be the same reason Go North East Withdrawn the A1 A2 and A3 from Asda Byker
All Asda free bus services were scrapped at the end of 2020 as asset stripping measures prior to the sale of the company to its new owners.

Are the T1 etc supported by Nexus or is it by Tesco? As Tesco have cut some of their free bus services over the years such as the one in Bishop Auckland.
(22 Apr 2021, 5:19 pm)OrangeArrow49 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone happen to know the fares on the M71 service?

I believe it was something like £1.70 per trip and £3 return. Well used service too!
Moderator note: New thread created for L&B Travel, Blaydon, and recent posts regarding Gateshead Central Taxis fleet acquisitions which were actually L&B Travel fleet acquisitions have been moved to the appropriate thread:
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=3389
BF18 YRW caught fire at Four Lane Ends today and by the photo I’ve seen on Facebook it looks to be written off. (This was confirmed on the Gateshead Central Taxis Enthusiasts group on Facebook).

[Image: 5b7387b06f15add7a85100ebbb4aac3b.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Hope the driver is okay
Oh dear,so thats what all the sirens were for
Gateshead Central Taxis take over the 79/79A (previously operated by Jh and GNE) on Sunday the 16th of May.

As well the 8 has a revised route and timetable change. What these changes are is anyone guess
Is this allowed. Why put this on public service

https://flic.kr/p/2kYveHV (Credit to Thomas Booth on Flickr)
(14 May 2021, 5:13 pm)Micheal Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Is this allowed. Why put this on public service

I rode on it bettwen Shiney row driber clamied a window smashing at Pennywell is reason why it’s on
(14 May 2021, 5:13 pm)Micheal Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Is this allowed. Why put this on public service

No, it doesn't conform to the contract requirements (though isn't illegal, as vehicles with 16 seats or less do not have to conform to PSVAR requirements).

The 17:07 37 from Doxford Park did not operate yesterday (two passengers were waiting for it), and the 17:15 592 service was operated by a similar vehicle yesterday (NX12AEA). The latter did not stop at Doxford Park, did not have a destination display, and presumably had no ticket machine. The T1/T2 services were also operated by this same vehicle earlier in the week. I'm sure Thomas will be able to confirm, but I assume this vehicle on the 37 didn't have a working ticket machine either, and it will presumably end up on the 39 service in Sunderland this evening (suppose that beats GNE's new £1 evening fare deal - free rides!)

Glad to see Gateshead Central Taxis have been awarded these contracts to operate (or not) for a further year, from Monday.

They must be having some fleet availability issues, as the 99 service (normally a Sprinter) was operated by the 68-plate ADL Enviro 200MMC earlier this week, and the 18-plate Euro 5 ADL Enviro 200 was allocated to the H1 service, which is a Euro 6 contract.

The 92 service on a morning that they run has consistently ran 8 minutes early through Team Valley for weeks, also omitting Victoria Road and Bolam Street Flats (running direct to the Metrocentre via the A1 after Team Valley) - let's hope there aren't any intending passengers!
How the hell do nexus think this is okay yet they have been in court with Vosa. Do they not know Vosa nearly shut them down when they were in court as driver got told to go into work anyway
(14 May 2021, 6:29 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]No, it doesn't conform to the contract requirements (though isn't illegal, as vehicles with 16 seats or less do not have to conform to PSVAR requirements).

The 17:07 37 from Doxford Park did not operate yesterday (two passengers were waiting for it), and the 17:15 592 service was operated by a similar vehicle yesterday (NX12AEA). The latter did not stop at Doxford Park, did not have a destination display, and presumably had no ticket machine. The T1/T2 services were also operated by this same vehicle earlier in the week. I'm sure Thomas will be able to confirm, but I assume this vehicle on the 37 didn't have a working ticket machine either, and it will presumably end up on the 39 service in Sunderland this evening (suppose that beats GNE's new £1 evening fare deal - free rides!)

Glad to see Gateshead Central Taxis have been awarded these contracts to operate (or not) for a further year, from Monday.

They must be having some fleet availability issues, as the 99 service (normally a Sprinter) was operated by the 68-plate ADL Enviro 200MMC earlier this week, and the 18-plate Euro 5 ADL Enviro 200 was allocated to the H1 service, which is a Euro 6 contract.

The 92 service on a morning that they run has consistently ran 8 minutes early through Team Valley for weeks, also omitting Victoria Road and Bolam Street Flats (running direct to the Metrocentre via the A1 after Team Valley) - let's hope there aren't any intending passengers!

Don't GCT get paid whether passengers board or not? So there is absolutely no incentive for them to actually run their services properly. Do they get to keep the fares they collect from paying passengers, assuming they are able to board?

Nexus clearly have no intention of handing contracts to anybody bus GCT, so even the incentive of being able to keep the contract isn't there.
(14 May 2021, 6:47 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]Don't GCT get paid whether passengers board or not? So there is absolutely no incentive for them to actually run their services properly. Do they get to keep the fares they collect from paying passengers, assuming they are able to board?

Nexus clearly have no intention of handing contracts to anybody bus GCT, so even the incentive of being able to keep the contract isn't there.

It depends on the contract - some supported journeys that other operators run, they keep the revenue, but this does not apply to most (if any) of Gateshead Central Taxis' contracts. The revenue goes back to Nexus, so helps to fund these services (as well as tax payers' money).
(14 May 2021, 6:49 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on the contract - some supported journeys that other operators run, they keep the revenue, but this does not apply to most (if any) of Gateshead Central Taxis' contracts. The revenue goes back to Nexus, so helps to fund these services (as well as tax payers' money).

If that's the case, then it's really no wonder they act the way they do!
I just wish ethier

1: Nexus open there eyes and sort them out ethier get rid of certain contracts or something else

2: (the option probably nobody wants) vosa shuts them down
That takes the biscuit that
(14 May 2021, 6:57 pm)Micheal Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]I just wish ethier

1: Nexus open there eyes and sort them out ethier get rid of certain contracts or something else

2: (the option probably nobody wants) vosa shuts them down

I must admit, it would be amusing for GCT to get shut down and all the other operators saying GFY to Nexus when they come grovelling for help running services.

I mean, it's not as if passengers would notice anyway!
There was no ticket manchine driber had to stop at every stop where people were and see if they wanted the driver was shocked that I knew it was the 37 he didn’t check tickets or anything
(14 May 2021, 7:05 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit, it would be amusing for GCT to get shut down and all the other operators saying GFY to Nexus when they come grovelling for help running services.

I mean, it's not as if passengers would notice anyway!
Gct nearly got shut down back in March after there court date. I got told of a driver they were all called into work as normal and wait for an update
Just spotted this on the NEXUS site:

Temporary diversion due to anti-social behaviour: Service 39 – Nookside and Pennywell Road, Sunderland
Due to incidents of anti-social behaviour on board Service 39 (Central Taxis Gateshead), the service will unfortunately be omitting Nookside and Pennywell Road until at Monday, 17 May 2021, when this will be reviewed.
Towards Pennywell - divert after A183 Chester Road (Shell Garage) along B1405 Holborn Road, Hylton Road, Portsmouth Road, re-joining normal route at Parkhurst Road.
Towards Sunderland - and Doxford divert after Prestbury Road along Hylton Road, B1405 Holborn Road, re-joining normal route at A183 Chester Road (Shell Garage).

Effective from Friday, 14 May 2021Effective toTuesday, 18 May 2021