North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Jun 2021, 5:42 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Stagecoach have tried serving Cobalt from South Tyneside via the Tunnel and it was withdrawn as nobody was using it.

It's still running isn't it? Certainly still on the timetable at least anyway.
(24 Jun 2021, 5:34 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Been told off a GCT driver that a number of contracts have been surrendered due to staff resource issues. Routes involved are 18/18A, 319, 85 / 86 and number of work services. Possibly a few others but not sure how much truth is in it. Apparently the 319 is going to go to Heworth too hence why I'm not sure. Phoenix is to run the 18/18A apparently and GNE the 319.

Coincidentally (?), Phoenix were advertising for staff on Facebook the other day
(25 Jun 2021, 5:42 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Stagecoach have tried serving Cobalt from South Tyneside via the Tunnel and it was withdrawn as nobody was using it.
Its a shame cus i think it would of been a great service,i dont think it had time to establish itself properly before Covid hit, which probably contributed to its demise,maybe they'll try again in the future,maybe they'll bring back the 14,and try that to the Cobalt,who knows
Nexus website updates

99A withdraw 27th June

931 withdrawn 27th June

939A withdrawn 27th June
Nexus website confirms a sizeable amount of loses for GCT although they do gain the Heworth to Nightingale contract.
Stanley Travel have the H1
(25 Jun 2021, 4:16 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]Nexus website confirms a sizeable amount of loses for GCT although they do gain the Heworth to Nightingale contract.
Too right it does....

https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/updates?ope...le-updates
(25 Jun 2021, 4:16 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]Nexus website confirms a sizeable amount of loses for GCT although they do gain the Heworth to Nightingale contract.

It only says "until further notice".. so god knows how long for but its still a massive loss for them.

---------------

I would think GNE will be allocating a Solo or even a Sprinter to the 99.
Wonder what happens to the bulk of E200 MMCs they’ve leased?
Possible just sit there or all go to NT routes or whatever they have left

Looks like the MS and SNS are going to be ran together bit like the MS & CS now by GNE

Surprised it is until futher notice. Like is this just until they get new drivers or something or nexus hand these contract to other companies as this all seems rushed as they all change from this Sunday
(25 Jun 2021, 5:00 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]Possible just sit there or all go to NT routes or whatever they have left

Looks like the MS and SNS are going to be ran together bit like the MS & CS now by GNE

Surprised it is until futher notice. Like is this just until they get new drivers or something or nexus hand these contract to other companies as this all seems rushed as they all change from this Sunday

It says from the 25th June but then you scroll down and it gives you different dates... so not which one is right.

Due to the last minute changes - nothing is on the GNE site or app yet.
Wonder if this is until nexus hand the contract out properly

Or gct get new drivers
(25 Jun 2021, 5:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Due to the last minute changes - nothing is on the GNE site or app yet.

The timetables section has been updated to show the evening/sunday journeys and 99/939 in the main timetable list.
(25 Jun 2021, 5:11 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The timetables section has been updated to show the evening/sunday journeys and 99/939 in the main timetable list.

Literally only checked about 10 minutes ago.... haha
GnE have done well in the end lol.
(25 Jun 2021, 4:43 pm)Big O wrote [ -> ]Wonder what happens to the bulk of E200 MMCs they’ve leased?

Nothing - it’s only really evening and Sunday work being lost, so the buses will still be running during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25 Jun 2021, 5:07 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]Wonder if this is until nexus hand the contract out properly

Or gct get new drivers

(25 Jun 2021, 8:50 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Nothing - it’s only really evening and Sunday work being lost, so the buses will still be running during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough pal, you should tell Martijn he needs to bid for the 335 lol! That service has a lot of potential and one well used. I’ve always thought it should be merged with the K1 to provide a direct through service to brownhills.
Wonder what GNE would use if they took over the 335
(26 Jun 2021, 1:33 am)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]Wonder what GNE would use if they took over the 335
The little Coasters optares prehaps
GNE have had the 335 in part,it would be nice to see them gain it,but unlikely