North East Buses

Full Version: WB Kerr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Jul 2016, 3:25 pm)NK53 TKT Wrote: [ -> ]T40 TGM is new to the fleet:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/28085523942/

Actually they've had it for years. 2011 at least.
This operator has now been taken over by Premier Transport (Wallsend). Not sure if they are keeping the WB Kerr name but signs on the old Kerrs depot say Premier Transport incorperating WB Kerr.
(01 Aug 2016, 1:54 pm)GMitchelhill Wrote: [ -> ]This operator has now been taken over by Premier Transport (Wallsend). Not sure if they are keeping the WB Kerr name but signs on the old Kerrs depot say Premier Transport incorperating WB Kerr.

Hi there's no filings at Companies House to indicate a change of directors at William B.Kerr & Co.(Luxury Coaches)Limited. The company would continue to appear to be 100% owned by the Kerr family. The Paddison family who trade as Premier Transport did however obtain permission in a recent Notices and Proceedings to use Kerr's garage as an additional operating centre.

Charles
It seems the operation has indeed be sold to Premier as I'm at the depot as I type this. All WB Kerr vehicles have legal lettering and O Discs for Premier Transport. Some vehicles are retaining the WB Kerr livery because the company jas been the feature of Wallsend for many years.
(05 Aug 2016, 9:09 am)GMitchelhill Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the operation has indeed be sold to Premier as I'm at the depot as I type this. All WB Kerr vehicles have legal lettering and O Discs for Premier Transport. Some vehicles are retaining the WB Kerr livery because the company jas been the feature of Wallsend for many years.

The end is clearly nigh, like Hunter Brothers
(05 Aug 2016, 9:09 am)GMitchelhill Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the operation has indeed be sold to Premier as I'm at the depot as I type this. All WB Kerr vehicles have legal lettering and O Discs for Premier Transport. Some vehicles are retaining the WB Kerr livery because the company jas been the feature of Wallsend for many years.

Thanks Gary, i'll try and head over soon and get some photos. Premier sure have expanded, before the Kerr's acquisition they had over 30 minibuses. Most of these run on North Tyneside and Northumberland taxi plates. They tend to be used for transport contracts for disabled children and adults. Kerrs also had similar contracts in North Tyneside, so there are probably some synergies here.

Feel it's the end of end era with both Kerrs and Hunters going. Also in the last Notices & Proceedings 3 long established operators gave up their licences. These were Swan (Berwick), Cooper (Durham) and Cousins (Durham). All of these operators ran commercial and subsidised bus services post deregulation. Swan's in particular was a long established operator. I believe Perrymans took over their routes.

Charles
PB0002415 SI
(1)
Licence surrendered WEF 20 September 2016
WILLIAM B. KERR & CO. (LUXURY COACHES) LIMITED
Director(s): JONATHAN KERR, WILLIAM JOHN KERR.
OAK GROVE WALLSEND NE28 6PW
Registered Bus Services running under this licence have also been surrendered with
immediate effect.