North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(22 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm)Swiny1 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently j was wrong with my last post.  New buses for the 4 could be street lites or versa s and all the mercede Citaros are leaving WashingtonSad((

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No doubt it'll be Streetlites, Go North East last bought Versa's and Citaro's in 2013, can't see them going back to buy them now... especially when Citaro's are really expensive.

Can't see the 4 getting new buses, the Citaro's are alright on them, more likely to see the Quaylink or Citylink 58 getting new buses first so the Versa's can move on too Scania routes (after June).
(22 Jan 2019, 11:11 pm)Gonorth91 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless they take thsm of the 4 for thsm to get newbuses and the mercs to come on 5-50 bit pointless having whey eye brand on the 5 ano the interwork bit silly like to see new buses bit who knows

4 has PVR of 11
50/5 PVR of 12

If the 4 does get new, imagine these would go to Green Arrow which has PVR of 10??
(23 Jan 2019, 7:00 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]No doubt it'll be Streetlites, Go North East last bought Versa's and Citaro's in 2013, can't see them going back to buy them now... especially when Citaro's are really expensive.

Can't see the 4 getting new buses, the Citaro's are alright on them, more likely to see the Quaylink or Citylink 58 getting new buses first so the Versa's can move on too Scania routes (after June).
I couldn't agree with you more but I've heard deffo 4 getting new buses. I think the Mercs are a great fit for the 4 and don't understand. Ive actually heard a number of things like I said so I'm just gonna wait and see what happens or turns up but it is supposed to be soon

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
saw the x25 heading to Newcastle this m,morning at 815 - back end was very low - looked like it was trying to pull a wheeley!
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/chatty-bus/

On Tuesday 29 January 2019 we're launching our first 'Chatty Bus', in response to the Government’s loneliness strategy. With three-in-10 Britons going at least one-day-a-week without speaking to anyone close to them, we want to do something to encourage everyone to talk to those around them.

On 'Chatty Bus' day, between 9.30am and 3pm, buses on Angel 21, Castles Express X21, X9 and X10 will be our designated 'Chatty Buses', where we will have Chatty Bus Champions on board ready to start conversations with fellow passengers who would like a chat. Keeping the atmosphere fun and only engaging with those who want to join in, the Chatty Bus Champions will be striking up conversations using a range of games and ice-breakers.

We'll provide badges for those who want to signify that they would like to join in the conversation, and we won't disturb passengers who prefer not to take part.

Overcoming loneliness improves the health and wellbeing of our local residents and as such, we believe this is a campaign we should all get behind.

So, fancy a chat? Hop on board with us and we'll look forward to talking with you!

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Re: Whey Aye Five 0 - I recall it mentioned a while back that the new MD wanted a few of the 'meaningless' brands abolished?
(23 Jan 2019, 12:33 pm)TEN 6083 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/chatty-bus/

On Tuesday 29 January 2019 we're launching our first 'Chatty Bus', in response to the Government’s loneliness strategy. With three-in-10 Britons going at least one-day-a-week without speaking to anyone close to them, we want to do something to encourage everyone to talk to those around them.

On 'Chatty Bus' day, between 9.30am and 3pm, buses on Angel 21, Castles Express X21, X9 and X10 will be our designated 'Chatty Buses', where we will have Chatty Bus Champions on board ready to start conversations with fellow passengers who would like a chat. Keeping the atmosphere fun and only engaging with those who want to join in, the Chatty Bus Champions will be striking up conversations using a range of games and ice-breakers.

We'll provide badges for those who want to signify that they would like to join in the conversation, and we won't disturb passengers who prefer not to take part.

Overcoming loneliness improves the health and wellbeing of our local residents and as such, we believe this is a campaign we should all get behind.

So, fancy a chat? Hop on board with us and we'll look forward to talking with you!

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Is there a schedule of which services these will be just so I can avoid them? It's difficult enough to concentrate on the X21 as it is with the 'characters' that get on never mind all the forced conversations. Not that it's a bad idea, it's just I actually prefer being alone
(23 Jan 2019, 5:19 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a schedule of which services these will be just so I can avoid them? It's difficult enough to concentrate on the X21 as it is with the 'characters' that get on never mind all the forced conversations. Not that it's a bad idea, it's just I actually prefer being alone

Think services alike the X21 appeal to teenagers because of the £1 single flat fare. Unlike the Arriva 6 which is £2 I believe from Auckland to Durham.
(23 Jan 2019, 5:19 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a schedule of which services these will be just so I can avoid them? It's difficult enough to concentrate on the X21 as it is with the 'characters' that get on never mind all the forced conversations. Not that it's a bad idea, it's just I actually prefer being alone

"We'll provide badges for those who want to signify that they would like to join in the conversation, and we won't disturb passengers who prefer not to take part."
(23 Jan 2019, 5:23 pm)S830OFT Wrote: [ -> ]Think services alike the X21 appeal to teenagers because of the £1 single flat fare. Unlike the Arriva 6 which is £2 I believe from Auckland to Durham.
It's not the teenagers that are the problem, I can deal with them, it's the grown adults that think it's ok to open cans of cider and bottles of wine on the bus!

(23 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm)omnicity4659 Wrote: [ -> ]"We'll provide badges for those who want to signify that they would like to join in the conversation, and we won't disturb passengers who prefer not to take part."
It's impossible (imo) to both encourage conversations on a bus and not disturb other passengers
(23 Jan 2019, 7:00 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]No doubt it'll be Streetlites, Go North East last bought Versa's and Citaro's in 2013, can't see them going back to buy them now... especially when Citaro's are really expensive.

In all honesty i wouldn't rule out the ADL products. It has been mentioned previously that the engineering head has an important say, though the MD will be the one who signs off the business case to group (London) for financing the deal. And as i remember MD isn't a fan of the Streetlites (not sure about streetdecks).
One of the Citylink 57s has had a window smashed in the Leam Lane area, apparently by youths

[Image: 9b2c05afaa4479f6f5a128ff7bdb7a11.jpg]

Photo posted on Facebook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(23 Jan 2019, 6:54 pm)Stanleyone Wrote: [ -> ]In all honesty i wouldn't rule out the ADL products. It has been mentioned previously that the engineering head has an important say, though the MD will be the one who signs off the business case to group (London) for financing the deal. And as i remember MD isn't a fan of the Streetlites (not sure about streetdecks).

Na wouldn't rule anything out, but they've never had ADL, so personally, i would think they wouldn't go for it, and stick to Streetlites/Streetdecks... but hey, i don't know what happens in the background so we could get ADL products.

Would be different to see ADL products in Go North East livery.

There is a reason why it's called public Transport.  Would you prefer the buss to be totally empty? perhaps you need to consider a Taxi?

You really can't expect a bus full of passengers not to disturb you.  Confused
(23 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the teenagers that are the problem, I can deal with them, it's the grown adults that think it's ok to open cans of cider and bottles of wine on the bus!

It's impossible (imo) to both encourage conversations on a bus and not disturb other passengers

The X21 I'm currently on is currently packed full of people desperately trying not to make eye contact. Don't know about upstairs, mind.
(24 Jan 2019, 6:50 am)gordondack Wrote: [ -> ]There is a reason why it's called public Transport.  Would you prefer the buss to be totally empty? perhaps you need to consider a Taxi?

You really can't expect a bus full of passengers not to disturb you.  Confused

It's not that I don't want other people on the bus, it's that I don't like the idea of them using regular bus services for this. It's impossible for them to do this and not disturb the regular passengers on the bus, especially when they're going to be using the tables. The only reason I even get the bus from Newcastle to Bishop is because I can get work done on the way down, hence why I would like to know when these services are so I can get a bus where I can use the tables.

(24 Jan 2019, 12:33 pm)BusLoverMum Wrote: [ -> ]The X21 I'm currently on is currently packed full of people desperately trying not to make eye contact. Don't know about upstairs, mind.

Upstairs is where all the fun happens because they know the driver can't see what's going on. I had an incident where someone came over to my table and took my empty coffee cup (because the X21 doesn't have bins like the 21 does!) and tried to pour themselves a cup of Lambrini, but ended up spilling most of the bottle all over the floor, or the other day when a load of people going to Durham on a night out got on in Bishop and were sat upstairs drinking bottles of beer
5256 is now in corporate livery.
(23 Jan 2019, 6:57 pm)TEN 6083 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the Citylink 57s has had a window smashed in the Leam Lane area, apparently by youths

[Image: 9b2c05afaa4479f6f5a128ff7bdb7a11.jpg]

Photo posted on Facebook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A relative was driving either the Loops or Saltwells parks on Tuesday and this happened as well! Brick through the window ....
(24 Jan 2019, 1:36 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that I don't want other people on the bus, it's that I don't like the idea of them using regular bus services for this. It's impossible for them to do this and not disturb the regular passengers on the bus, especially when they're going to be using the tables. The only reason I even get the bus from Newcastle to Bishop is because I can get work done on the way down, hence why I would like to know when these services are so I can get a bus where I can use the tables.

Upstairs is where all the fun happens because they know the driver can't see what's going on. I had an incident where someone came over to my table and took my empty coffee cup (because the X21 doesn't have bins like the 21 does!) and tried to pour themselves a cup of Lambrini, but ended up spilling most of the bottle all over the floor, or the other day when a load of people going to Durham on a night out got on in Bishop and were sat upstairs drinking bottles of beer

I don't know what it is about the x21, but whenever I've seen people drinking alcohol on a bus, I think it's been on the x21 every time!
(24 Jan 2019, 5:02 pm)Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]5256 is now in corporate livery.

That was quick, 5257 should of gone to SM for repaint.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17