North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Go North East will receive the remaining Omnidekka's from Brighton and Hove by mid 2019.

Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka 6167 (YN56 FFG) and 6171 (YN56 FFL) are the fourth and fifth of this batch to be acquired by Go North East, with all 18 expected to amalgamate north by mid-2019 as Brighton & Hove acquire further new vehicles.

Info from Dan, on a photo 6171 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...ateposted/
Does anyone know whats happening with 5319? Last time I passed Riverside I noticed it had been well rapped up in tarpaulin, would have thought it would have been sold for scrap by now.
(08 Jan 2019, 7:30 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know whats happening with 5319? Last time I passed Riverside I noticed it had been well rapped up in tarpaulin, would have thought it would have been sold for scrap by now.

I think Mercedes are still involved with it, trying to find out what caused the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would imagine it will be there a similar amount of time that 5292 was there,obviously that was repaired
It seems that 6941 is now in use - operated a few scholars services today.
I made a short journey on an X10 from Eldon Sq. to Gateshead Int. tonight. As we left Eldon Sq it announced the next stop was Gateshead Interchange, yet we stopped at St Nicholas Street.
Surely thats rather confusing for blind and partially sighted people who may alight at St Nicholas Street thinking it was Gateshead Int as announced?
(09 Jan 2019, 7:21 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]I made a short journey on an X10 from Eldon Sq. to Gateshead Int. tonight. As we left Eldon Sq it announced the next stop was Gateshead Interchange, yet we stopped at St Nicholas Street.
Surely thats rather confusing for blind and partially sighted people who may alight at St Nicholas Street thinking it was Gateshead Int as announced?

Pick up only I think, so not much of a need to mention it.
(09 Jan 2019, 7:38 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]Pick up only I think, so not much of a need to mention it.
I was not aware of pick up only stops, seems a bit silly.
(09 Jan 2019, 7:39 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]I was not aware of pick up only stops, seems a bit silly.

Used to be mentioned on the timetables, just after when they started to let people board at John Dobson Street when heading back out towards Gateshead.
Will all the ex london presidents & geminis & ex EYMS presidents  get withdrawn in the summer
(09 Jan 2019, 8:31 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Will all the ex london presidents & geminis & ex EYMS presidents  get withdrawn in the summer

Presidents more than likely will given more Omnidekkas are coming up from Brighton in Mid 2019.
(09 Jan 2019, 8:47 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Presidents more than likely will given more Omnidekkas are coming up from Brighton in Mid 2019.

Will the older 03 & 04 omnidekkas also ve withdrawn as they are older than the ex london presidents
(09 Jan 2019, 8:51 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Will the older 03 & 04 omnidekkas also ve withdrawn as they are older than the ex london presidents

Not for a while yet
(09 Jan 2019, 7:38 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]Pick up only I think, so not much of a need to mention it.

Personally I think it is worth mentioning through otherwise the bus informs blind/partially sighted people plus those unfamiliar with the area that the next stop is Gateshead Interchange - however the bus stops at the next stop and it isn't Gateshead Interchange at all.

(09 Jan 2019, 7:39 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]I was not aware of pick up only stops, seems a bit silly.

As silly as Newcastle bound express services stopping at Gateshead Hills Street (the stop after the interchange) to let people off but the passengers at the stop aren't allowed to board, they have to wait for a none express service? If the bus is stopping there anyway to let people off, why can't passengers quickly hop on?
(09 Jan 2019, 9:18 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Personally I think it is worth mentioning through otherwise the bus informs blind/partially sighted people plus those unfamiliar with the area that the next stop is Gateshead Interchange - however the bus stops at the next stop and it isn't Gateshead Interchange at all.

As silly as Newcastle bound express services stopping at Gateshead Hills Street (the stop after the interchange) to let people off but the passengers at the stop aren't allowed to board, they have to wait for a none express service. If the bus is stopping there anyway to let people off, why can't passengers quickly hop on?
It only makes sense if you pick nobody up like at the gate.
636 at Percy Main on 19. Guess it came along with 635
(10 Jan 2019, 7:45 am)JM03 wrote [ -> ]636 at Percy Main on 19. Guess it came along with 635
Yeah
6131 at percy main seen this morning on scholars
(10 Jan 2019, 9:24 am)Jordan2104 wrote [ -> ]6131 at percy main seen this morning on scholars

Is it Toon link or corp?
(10 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Is it Toon link or corp?
Corp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17