North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(13 Jan 2019, 11:49 am)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]It is worth remembering that the X21 was amended to serve Low Fell at the same time the new buses were introduced, so I wouldn't look too much into the headline figure.

Didn't Go North East East release a booklet a few years back, with the brand list and how much usage had increased due to it? 

I'll try and find it.
(13 Jan 2019, 11:52 am)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest so.
Just look at the refurbs carried out on the Mercs. Passengers thought they were new vehicles.
They are new buses internally though, for passengers. New seats, new features, new flooring. It's not just putting a fresh livery on and expecting people to jump on the same bus as a result.
Found it, think this was around 2011.
(13 Jan 2019, 11:54 am)Jamie M Wrote: [ -> ]They are new buses internally though, for passengers. New seats, new features, new flooring. It's not just putting a fresh livery on and expecting people to jump on the same bus as a result.

Dunno about you, but it's the outside of the bus I see first, not the inside... ?
(13 Jan 2019, 12:13 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno about you, but it's the outside of the bus I see first, not the inside... ?
I don't think they look any newer from the outside.
(13 Jan 2019, 12:15 pm)Jamie M Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they look any newer from the outside.

So the re-paints to the 9, 57 or 27 didn't catch your eye?
You didn't notice they looked different on the outside?
You didn't notice the differences to the colour scheme on the vehicles running the route prior?
(13 Jan 2019, 12:24 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]So the re-paints to the 9, 57 or 27 didn't catch your eye?
You didn't notice they looked different on the outside?
You didn't notice the differences to the colour scheme on the vehicles running the route prior?
I noted fab-fifty-seven to citylink, highwayman to green arrow and crusader maroon to crusader silver. But none of the recent updates externally with the internal refurbs.
(13 Jan 2019, 12:26 pm)Jamie M Wrote: [ -> ]I noted fab-fifty-seven to citylink, highwayman to green arrow and crusader maroon to crusader silver. But none of the recent updates externally with the internal refurbs.

So when you noticed the 57 change its branding a year or two back, do you think others did too?
(13 Jan 2019, 12:49 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]So when you noticed the 57 change its branding a year or two back, do you think others did too?
Yeah but mainly because it had a newer bus on. I tend to view branding lesser than I view internal specs or the bus itself. I mean thats just me, I'm interested if there's any stats that support branding being a way to get more bums on seats.
(13 Jan 2019, 12:26 pm)Jamie M Wrote: [ -> ]I noted fab-fifty-seven to citylink, highwayman to green arrow and crusader maroon to crusader silver. But none of the recent updates externally with the internal refurbs.

I think when the Scania's leave the "Green Arrow", i think the brand will be dropped completely, same as the "Black Cats" on the 35, i think that'll go co-operate, inline with the 36.
(13 Jan 2019, 11:50 am)JP6004 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes a vast improvement to the presidents prior. However I think the striking new brand peaked people's interest and would of been associated as being a reliable source of transport compared to the previous allocation; hence increased footfall. I don't think the same increase would of been observed if corporate livery vehicles had been used. The branding in itself is a marketing campaign for the route, the added bonus of new reliable vehicles with WiFi plug sockets tables etc would only enhance the quality of the new brand and get people onboard

Do you mean unreliable by any chance?  Dodgy Tongue
(13 Jan 2019, 11:44 am)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder. 
GNE openly knicked a lot of ideas from Nottingham, who would have had figures to support their own branding excercises. 

Would the ordinary public have noticed the new colour scheme, new branding/imagery or new vehicles?

People notice new buses. They also notice reliable buses. Heard more drivers bit ching about the CE streetdecks than passengers, mind. The one driving our long omni, last week, was loving it!

(13 Jan 2019, 1:05 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]I think when the Scania's leave the "Green Arrow", i think the brand will be dropped completely, same as the "Black Cats" on the 35, i think that'll go co-operate, inline with the 36.

That would upset all the fanatics desperate for black cats to be implemented, little over a year ago.
(13 Jan 2019, 11:49 pm)BusLoverMum Wrote: [ -> ]People notice new buses. They also notice reliable buses. Heard more drivers bit ching about the CE streetdecks than passengers, mind. The one driving our long omni, last week, was loving it!

That would upset all the fanatics desperate for black cats to be implemented, little over a year ago.

Maybe but it would still be on the 2/2A, 33/33A and 39. The 36 is now Go North East and i think the 35 will go Go North East, to be inline with the 36.
(15 Jan 2019, 7:16 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe but it would still be on the 2/2A, 33/33A and 39. The 36 is now Go North East and i think the 35 will go Go North East, to be inline with the 36.

the thing is the 2/2A, 33/33A  39 and 35 are deptford routes, the 35 will probs stay black cats after the scanias have gone because it is easier to use any black cats bus on it than any other brand, the 36 is a chester route where they dont have black cats brand hence why it is go north east corporate
(15 Jan 2019, 8:44 pm)N1cholas Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is the 2/2A, 33/33A  39 and 35 are deptford routes, the 35 will probs stay black cats after the scanias have gone because it is easier to use any black cats bus on it than any other brand, the 36 is a chester route where they dont have black cats brand hence why it is go north east corporate

The Versa's were painted to allow greater flexibility for Versa allocations at Chester depot.
[Image: 46703210852_8501937de8_c.jpg]Go North East: 0727 / NK68BZX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

the new look Sunderland Connect, photo by Dan
(15 Jan 2019, 8:56 pm)TEN 6083 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 46703210852_8501937de8_c.jpg]Go North East: 0727 / NK68BZX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

the new look Sunderland Connect, photo by Dan

Looks alright, better than the previous one
Doesn't do much for me.

I'd rather they had kept the current livery, but with that being subtly designed around the Hybrid nature of the Solos, it would have needed a redesign anyway.
(15 Jan 2019, 9:02 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Looks alright, better than the previous one

Although 10/10 for managing to design a livery whereby the 'Sunderland' of the brand name, sits within the panel groove!  Sad
(15 Jan 2019, 9:02 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Looks alright, better than the previous one

Looks like the designers remembered where Word Art or Paint is on their computers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17