North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019
On the off chance that Arriva does get acquired, hopefully there'll be more investment (or should I say actually some investment) in the Durham services. Arriva's fleet is quite frankly an embarrassment compared to GNE's especially at Durham Bus Station.
Sure, they've refurbished the buses with fancy leather, but they're still getting on and you can tell
Didnt realise Redcar already using three buses on X93s. Didnt start til mid summer last year?
ANE and Stagecoach sharing the next set of 900/1
(02 May 2019, 5:55 pm)JM03 Wrote: [ -> ]ANE and Stagecoach sharing the next set of 900/1

as are GNE and ive also heard JH coaches and Stanley Travel
(02 May 2019, 1:26 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]On the off chance that Arriva does get acquired, hopefully there'll be more investment (or should I say actually some investment) in the Durham services. Arriva's fleet is quite frankly an embarrassment compared to GNE's especially at Durham Bus Station.
Sure, they've refurbished the buses with fancy leather, but they're still getting on and you can tell

If the new owners don't want to suck millions of pounds from each division, I'm sure that there will be investment. Fleet presentation is a priority believe it or not, it's just that there's a very small budget for it thanks to DB...
(03 May 2019, 9:53 am)omnicity4659 Wrote: [ -> ]If the new owners don't want to suck millions of pounds from each division, I'm sure that there will be investment. Fleet presentation is a priority believe it or not, it's just that there's a very small budget for it thanks to DB...

The worst part is that DB is fully owned by the German government, so it's probably purely political that they've been taking Arriva for pretty much everything it's worth!
That also means they have basically infinite money, so it's not as if there is a real reason for the small budget (other than the division not making enough money).
2837  at heworth presumably for route learning
(03 May 2019, 9:53 am)omnicity4659 Wrote: [ -> ]If the new owners don't want to suck millions of pounds from each division, I'm sure that there will be investment. Fleet presentation is a priority believe it or not, it's just that there's a very small budget for it thanks to DB...

Today is the last day for bids for Arriva from interested parties. In the registration documents,  DB have said Arriva may be sold as a whole or split. Stagecoach are still tipped as leaders for acquiring the bus division either in whole or in part.
(03 May 2019, 12:43 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]The worst part is that DB is fully owned by the German government, so it's probably purely political that they've been taking Arriva for pretty much everything it's worth!
That also means they have basically infinite money, so it's not as if there is a real reason for the small budget (other than the division not making enough money).

They no more have infinite money than your nearest school does.
3 Pulsars parked outside Hartlepool Train Station. Any ideas?
(04 May 2019, 10:19 am)TyneWearTeesGNE Wrote: [ -> ]3 Pulsars parked outside Hartlepool Train Station. Any ideas?

Rail replacements between Middlesbrough and Hartlepool.
(03 May 2019, 4:13 pm)9920up Wrote: [ -> ]Today is the last day for bids for Arriva from interested parties. In the registration documents,  DB have said Arriva may be sold as a whole or split. Stagecoach are still tipped as leaders for acquiring the bus division either in whole or in part.

If Arriva were to sell Blyth to Stagecoach with Ashington & Jesmond going to GNE, would GNE & Stagecoach be able to come to a mutual decision on what parts of the fleet they take? 

I'd imagine Stagecoach would want to take Arriva's ADL fleet whereas GNE would rather take the Wrightbus fleet.
(04 May 2019, 10:32 am)L469 YVK Wrote: [ -> ]If Arriva were to sell Blyth to Stagecoach with Ashington & Jesmond going to GNE, would GNE & Stagecoach be able to come to a mutual decision on what parts of the fleet they take? 

I'd imagine Stagecoach would want to take Arriva's ADL fleet whereas GNE would rather take the Wrightbus fleet.

I would imagine, they'll get what buses are at the depots they'll take over?
(04 May 2019, 10:53 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]I would imagine, they'll get what buses are at the depots they'll take over?

I suppose. But I'd imagine the 14/64 reg Classic E400s would be ideal for the X24 & X34 after a refurb for Stagecoach. And I'd also imagine the ex Yorkshire Gemimis coming in handy for GNE to allow most 6/X30/X31 boards to run with deckers (don't know if Hownsgill / Riverside mix the boards up at certain times of day).
(04 May 2019, 10:32 am)L469 YVK Wrote: [ -> ]If Arriva were to sell Blyth to Stagecoach with Ashington & Jesmond going to GNE, would GNE & Stagecoach be able to come to a mutual decision on what parts of the fleet they take? 

Imagine if they got other areas and had to come up with some 'zones'.

'aye mate. Can I have a pink and yellow polka dot and tiger stripe two zone ticket for the week please?. Yeah, paying on my card'
(04 May 2019, 11:28 am)L469 YVK Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose. But I'd imagine the 14/64 reg Classic E400s would be ideal for the X24 & X34 after a refurb for Stagecoach. And I'd also imagine the ex Yorkshire Gemimis coming in handy for GNE to allow most 6/X30/X31 boards to run with deckers (don't know if Hownsgill / Riverside mix the boards up at certain times of day).

X30 got a low bridge on its route
(04 May 2019, 11:49 am)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine if they got other areas and had to come up with some 'zones'.

'aye mate. Can I have a pink and yellow polka dot and tiger stripe two zone ticket for the week please?. Yeah, paying on my card'
It's fine, they'll design the zones so you're always one stop into a third zone like it has always been for me!
(04 May 2019, 12:40 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]It's fine, they'll design the zones so you're always one stop into a third zone like it has always been for me!

Yup, still think they should remodel the zones, hopefully that happens if they take over any Arriva routes....
Let’s move back into reality now.....

Stockton currently have Jesmond’s 1479, 1480 and 1495 (and a fourth as well but not sure what) on loan for rails - the aforementioned trio are all out and about. Also on loan are 1509/10 from Belmont - they are currently spare in the depot due to them having Ticketer machines (Stockton, Redcar, Whitby and - reportedly - Jesmond move over tonight).
Pages: 1 2 3 4