North East Buses

Full Version: Former Demos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me if this does not warrant a new thread but looking through Flickr I couldn't help wonder if a list of former demonstration vehicles could be compiled and reasons for success or failure. I wondered why the B8RLE didn't match up to the Streetlite when it was trialled on the 20.
(22 Jul 2020, 10:02 pm)Big O Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive me if this does not warrant a new thread but looking through Flickr I couldn't help wonder if a list of former demonstration vehicles could be compiled and reasons for success or failure. I wondered why the B8RLE didn't match up to the Streetlite when it was trialled on the 20.
I’m pretty sure the reason why the B8RLE wasn’t bought for the 20 was because it was a much more heavyweight vehicle than the Streetlite, so it meant higher running costs and increased fuel consumption, at a time when bus companies were shifting towards greener buses to improve the image of the company etc. Hence the 20 got “lower quality” buses which were more environmentally friendly.