North East Buses

Full Version: Temporary Ferry Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Go North East are currently running temporary ferry replacement. They are currently using two Citaros out of Deptford while up to now its been two Plaxton President out of Percy Main
The two Citaros (5291 and 5481) passed me on the A19 just after 4pm heading back to Deptford.
(04 Jun 2021, 4:04 pm)Rapidsnap Wrote: [ -> ]The two Citaros (5291 and 5481) passed me on the A19 just after 4pm heading back to Deptford.
Wonder if it's working or another company has took it over
(04 Jun 2021, 4:04 pm)Rapidsnap Wrote: [ -> ]The two Citaros (5291 and 5481) passed me on the A19 just after 4pm heading back to Deptford.

5481 broke down so 5291 was sent out as its replacement.  5487 was the other Citaro from Deptford.
Ferry back up and running as I used it to get to sour shields to get home
(04 Jun 2021, 7:30 pm)BFK Wrote: [ -> ]5481 broke down so 5291 was sent out as its replacement.  5487 was the other Citaro from Deptford.

Originally it was B7TL/President 6926 on Ferry Replacement but the door had a defect so the driver ran it light and it was swapped for a citaro.
(04 Jun 2021, 8:37 pm)reymyster9 Wrote: [ -> ]Originally it was B7TL/President 6926 on Ferry Replacement but the door had a defect so the driver ran it back and swapped for a citaro.
What confusing me. Why use Deptford and not use the DFDS buses out of Percy Main
Pleased ferry is running again - cycle and pedestrians tunnel is closed.
(04 Jun 2021, 8:45 pm)Micheal Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]What confusing me. Why use Deptford and not use the DFDS buses out of Percy Main
It'll depend on where the available buses and drivers are at on what depot and buses are used.
(04 Jun 2021, 8:37 pm)reymyster9 Wrote: [ -> ]Originally it was B7TL/President 6926 on Ferry Replacement but the door had a defect so the driver ran it back and swapped for a citaro.
Percy Main do not have any Mercedes Citaro's and Deptford don't have any Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents.  Percy Main operated the Ferry Replacements from about 07:00 till 15:00, then 2 drivers and vehicles from Deptford took over until the Ferry was up and running again.
(05 Jun 2021, 8:25 am)BFK Wrote: [ -> ]Percy Main do not have any Mercedes Citaro's and Deptford don't have any Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents.  Percy Main operated the Ferry Replacements from about 07:00 till 15:00, then 2 drivers and vehicles from Deptford took over until the Ferry was up and running again.

Never said anything to the contrary? they ran back to south shields light (due to a defect with the centre door, at least that's what the driver told me anyway) from north shields then a citaro continued running it.
I have seen that the Pedestrian Tunnel has closed due to the failure of a lift yesterday. If it reopens by next Saturday I may walk through it then.
Don’t get your hope up