North East Buses

Full Version: Ex-GAL Open Top B7TL WVL83
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So what do we reckon, additional Toon Tour capacity? 

https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/14117...88034?s=21
Possible. It's a lovely looking bus
If its euro 6 then a replacement for the Presidents?
By the photo it is WVL83 not WVL43, think dans finger slipped when posting to twitter, it just needs gold NORTHERN applied above General and it would look quite retro
Seems like it could be out this weekend…

https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/14160...64709?s=21
I wonder why they're not also making use of the convertible Omnidekkas they have?
I’m sure it’s been said before that they got sealed so can’t be made open top anymore
What ever happened to this vehicle?
Last time I saw it, it was parked up at Volvo Washington.
It's parked in Chester Depot
(15 Jan 2022, 9:31 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]What ever happened to this vehicle?

Awaiting an MOT slot.

Chester-le-Street are preparing it for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(16 Jan 2022, 7:35 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Awaiting an MOT slot.

Chester-le-Street are preparing it for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For what route
Open top bus from Durham / CLS to Beamish anyone?
(16 Jan 2022, 3:59 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Open top bus from Durham / CLS to Beamish anyone?
They also have 3 Plaxon Presidents which are Euro 6. So that is toon tour sorted. 

I could see that, or maybe they could use the ex toon tour in Hexham on the AD122
(16 Jan 2022, 10:32 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]For what route

They’re buying up aged deckers from across the country to put on the X21 so we can all wait for streetdeckfans reaction
6900 looking great so far:

https://flic.kr/p/2nvqi4M
6900 is now parked up in Percy Main depot. No doubt will see some use with 6998 being off the road for nearly 2 months now with engine issues.
Could someone with the knowledge please change the title of this thread to ..... WVL 83 as this was its fleet number while operating in London, not WVL 43.

I see that 6900 now carries the registration RYV 77 which must have been acquired from EYMS, as this reg was carried by one or more Finglands coaches over the years. Finglands were taken over by EYMS in the days before EYMS was in turn swallowed up by the Go-Ahead group.
(16 Jul 2022, 8:57 pm)N391OTY wrote [ -> ]Could someone with the knowledge please change the title of this thread to ..... WVL 83 as this was its fleet number while operating in London, not WVL 43.

I see that 6900 now carries the registration RYV 77 which must have been acquired from EYMS, as this reg was carried by one or more Finglands coaches over the years. Finglands were taken over by EYMS in the days before EYMS was in turn swallowed up by the Go-Ahead group.

Done. Smile
Just spotted this going up Belle Vue Bank in Low Fell. Full of very excited kids and displaying Go North East on the destinations.
Pages: 1 2