North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva respond after claims it shouldn't run services in County Durham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...ty-durham/

arrivas response to complaints about buses not turning up. I do wonder with the letter writer wants arriva to be banned from running services who he thinks will do a better job in the current climate? I doubt any other company would have the resources to cover when they too can run all the services they run!
Well, I made my every 3 month-ish journey down to Darlo to visit a lovely fabric shop, there and I'll not be bothering with Arriva until this blows over. If they're running to any sort of timetable, it doesn't match the ones on North Road. Waited 25 minutes for a 7, this morning. One came straight past us, empty, passing another empty and driverless one, at the stop. On the return, it took me half an hour to get home from North Road after getting off the 7 back to Durham. I could walk it, in that time, before my knee took a severe dislike to the hills.
(06 Oct 2021, 3:46 pm)BusLoverMum Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I made my every 3 month-ish journey down to Darlo to visit a lovely fabric shop, there and I'll not be bothering with Arriva until this blows over. If they're running to any sort of timetable, it doesn't match the ones on North Road. Waited 25 minutes for a 7, this morning. One came straight past us, empty, passing another empty and driverless one, at the stop. On the return, it took me half an hour to get home from North Road after getting off the 7 back to Durham. I could walk it, in that time, before my knee took a severe dislike to the hills.

I'm not sure what time it was but Whessoe Road is shut and it's causing bother in Darlington especially North Road atm. The empty ones could be drivers running out of hours or they're trying to get it back on time. 

They had a FB message apologising about delays there for the next 2 weeks.
(06 Oct 2021, 4:11 pm)Storx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what time it was but Whessoe Road is shut and it's causing bother in Darlington especially North Road atm. The empty ones could be drivers running out of hours or they're trying to get it back on time. 

They had a FB message apologising about delays there for the next 2 weeks.
Darlington itself seemed fairly calm. No more delays than I'm used to, though the x21 arrived later than I'd expect, unless its timings have changed since I last caught it. Durham was chaos, as usual, though. While I was waiting for the 7 (with plenty of time to ponder the eviction notice on the cbd shop and the crowd outside boots which isn't letting customers in because if some structural issue, yet they expect staff to work there) a 22 and 24 left together
(06 Oct 2021, 6:41 pm)BusLoverMum Wrote: [ -> ]Darlington itself seemed fairly calm. No more delays than I'm used to, though the x21 arrived later than I'd expect, unless its timings have changed since I last caught it. Durham was chaos, as usual, though. While I was waiting for the 7 (with plenty of time to ponder the eviction notice on the cbd shop and the crowd outside boots which isn't letting customers in because if some structural issue, yet they expect staff to work there) a 22 and 24 left together
X21/X22 (& X12) have been diverted round Sedgefield for the last 3 days due to a road closure on Salters Lane, Sedgefield which is slowing the journey down plus the issues in Darlington at points, luckily today was the last day of the road closure in Sedgefield.

Sadly still some knock back from cancellations, the first 5 to Darlington this morning seemingly didn't run, nor did the 7 it drops onto at Darlington meaning I had to make some alternative transport arrangements to enable me to catch a train from Darlington. I'm at the point I feel it's not worth the hassle of using the bus down here right now and car is a much more attractive prospect compared to freezing to death on the top deck of an E400 which I was meant to have this morning.