North East Buses

Full Version: Peterlee Purples | A new look for the indiGo East Durham services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the Peterlee purples solo’s have received half of the brand with the white strip but not the brand logo yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
652-656 has been painted into PP Livery.
Solo SR 665 is now fully branded for Peterlee Purples.
(07 Oct 2021, 3:12 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Solo SR 665 is now fully branded for Peterlee Purples.
Do you have a photo?
(07 Oct 2021, 3:12 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Solo SR 665 is now fully branded for Peterlee Purples.

[Image: 51562639740_2c9d459765_c.jpg]Go North East 655 / NK15 GDJ by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Go North East 656 peterlee purples has had it's full branding applied.
(07 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: 51562639740_2c9d459765_c.jpg]Go North East 655 / NK15 GDJ by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m still not really a fan of the name Peterlee Purples when at least a good portion of the routes go outside Peterlee? X6, 62 go to Seaham and Sunderland, 206 pictured above goes to Castle Eden, Wingate and Station Town etc. Slightly strange when Washington’s network was “Little Pinks” not ‘Washington Pinks’. I do like the colour scheme though, 655 looks pretty smart.

(07 Oct 2021, 10:43 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Bit off topic but going on with the rider theme, the 12 should be the rider brand imo. Not sure what horses has anything to do Gateshead, least the horse theme has links to the Blaydon Races which is pretty much about the route of the 12 (Scotswood Rd etc) or if it has to be in Gateshead at least the 49.

Well I do wonder if in the future if the 12,49,67/69 could join some sort of group brand allowing those Western Gateshead to be grouped in a similar vein to East Gateshead. I mean after what we’ve seen in Sunderland, maybe various coloured “Arrows” sitting alongside the 96/97!
I’m also guessing at some point - potentially a bit later down the line as there’s still lots of repaints to do - the 57 will be branded once again and join the “East Gateshead” group.
(08 Oct 2021, 12:13 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]I’m still not really a fan of the name Peterlee Purples when at least a good portion of the routes go outside Peterlee? X6, 62 go to Seaham and Sunderland, 206 pictured above goes to Castle Eden, Wingate and Station Town etc. Slightly strange when Washington’s network was “Little Pinks” not ‘Washington Pinks’. I do like the colour scheme though, 655 looks pretty smart.

Well I do wonder if in the future if the 12,49,67/69 could join some sort of group brand allowing those Western Gateshead to be grouped in a similar vein to East Gateshead. I mean after what we’ve seen in Sunderland, maybe various coloured “Arrows” sitting alongside the 96/97!
I’m also guessing at some point - potentially a bit later down the line as there’s still lots of repaints to do - the 57 will be branded once again and join the “East Gateshead” group.

I’m not a fan of Peterlee purples aswell, should of been little purples or little lilacs, if the bus service start or finishes at Peterlee even if it goes to Seaham or Sunderland then I don’t mind, but when the Peterlee purples does the 38A then that’s poor as the brand doesn’t mean nothing for the 38A or the docks, don’t know why there couldn’t extend the silver 33 to fo the 38A, service 59 and 204/204A should be operated by a corporate solo when the indigo brand goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk