North East Buses

Full Version: October/November Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/14497...83173?s=20 seems to be another set of service changes coming...
(17 Oct 2021, 6:48 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/14497...83173?s=20 seems to be another set of service changes coming...

Wonder whats changing?

Dan kinda confirmed more runs on the 4 to Amazon.
(17 Oct 2021, 7:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder whats changing?

Dan kinda confirmed more runs on the 4 to Amazon.
I can imagine some X6/62 changes. Maybe some 50/26's not sure what else.
(17 Oct 2021, 7:27 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I can imagine some X6/62 changes. Maybe some 50/26's not sure what else.
Hopefully some later X21s! (I wish lol)

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
I did suggest the following to GNE so let's see what happens.Would be mad not giving it a try given the run up to Xmas:

- 310 @ 2240 ex Newcastle re-routed via Hadrian Park
- 311 @ 2300 ex Newcastle withdrawn (journey replaced by 309 below)
- 309 @ 2305 ex Newcastle introduced to either Whitley Bay or Blyth (formed from 311 ex Hadrian Park @ 2229)
- 310 @ 2320 ex Newcastle re-timed to depart at 2330 and re-routed via Hadrian Park
I can imagine it's just minor timetable changes for reliability than big changes with a few peak changes to the 4. There hasn't been really enough time to really judge how well/badly they're doing.
(17 Oct 2021, 7:27 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I can imagine some X6/62 changes. Maybe some 50/26's not sure what else.

I wonder if the X6 was set up for withdrawl within a couple of months when the 62 got introduced?, same as the 55 with the X1 reintroduced to Peterlee and the last minute change to the X20 which was set to come out of rainton and into doxford international to replace that section of 55?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18 Oct 2021, 8:06 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]I can imagine it's just minor timetable changes for reliability than big changes with a few peak changes to the 4. There hasn't been really enough time to really judge how well/badly they're doing.

Correct - very slight adjustments following customer and colleague feedback.

As services have been revised to provide combined frequencies on certain corridors (i.e. 56/57/58), a small tweak to one results in the others needing to be changed too.
(18 Oct 2021, 11:02 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Correct - very slight adjustments following customer and colleague feedback.
Are these just times and reliability changes or are we seeing new services, withdrawn of routes, changes of route
(18 Oct 2021, 11:03 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Are these just times and reliability changes or are we seeing new services, withdrawn of routes, changes of route
The post you've quoted from Dan clearly states these are minor timing changes for reliability - the last big service changes have just happened, there's not going to be any major changes yet, just ironing out of a few teething issues from the last changes.
Seems like the 6 (which is to be extended to Lanchester once per hour) will be fully allocated euro 6 streetlites from end of the month. Presumably the 12 and 57 will follow suit soon enough
(19 Oct 2021, 10:02 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Seems like the 6 (which is to be extended to Lanchester once per hour) will be fully allocated euro 6 streetlites from end of the month. Presumably the 12 and 57 will follow suit soon enough

12/12A have to be by default as they interwork with the 6.
(19 Oct 2021, 10:02 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Seems like the 6 (which is to be extended to Lanchester once per hour) will be fully allocated euro 6 streetlites from end of the month. Presumably the 12 and 57 will follow suit soon enough

Nice to see the 730 contract resolved and a direct service across Stanley returning. Presumably changes to the 71 and 28 are to follow suit unless it's been decided they're staying as they are? The new 42 is interesting - I wonder if that's replacing the Scarlet Band S1 - presumably will be a Solo shuttling back and forth. Slightly odd is doesn't serve North Road - perhaps will go down that way once the bus station is complete (whenever that may be).
(19 Oct 2021, 10:34 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]12/12A have to be by default as they interwork with the 6.
Yes I know that, I meant as more repaints are completed and more euro 6 streetlites are freed up, the full allocation will become euro 6. The odd few streetlites have already been operating all 3 services for a while now
(19 Oct 2021, 10:38 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Nice to see the 730 contract resolved and a direct service across Stanley returning. Presumably changes to the 71 and 28 are to follow suit unless it's been decided they're staying as they are? The new 42 is interesting - I wonder if that's replacing the Scarlet Band S1 - presumably will be a Solo shuttling back and forth. Slightly odd is doesn't serve North Road - perhaps will go down that way once the bus station is complete (whenever that may be).
Which 42? And I doubt the 71 will be changing as there is nothing really to replace it from Seaham-Houghton except maybe a 60 or 65 to 60A/65A.
(20 Oct 2021, 5:59 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Which 42? And I doubt the 71 will be changing as there is nothing really to replace it from Seaham-Houghton except maybe a 60 or 65 to 60A/65A.

Go North East posted the service changes which are taking place from 30 October on their website last night:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-im...30-october
(20 Oct 2021, 5:59 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Which 42? And I doubt the 71 will be changing as there is nothing really to replace it from Seaham-Houghton except maybe a 60 or 65 to 60A/65A.
What I was meaning is, have DCC stepped in to fund the full 71 hence there are no changes or can we expect to see the Houghton-Chester section withdrawn in the future? These changes seem to incorporate a number of DCC contracts - the 730, 239, and new 42, so I wondered if the 28 and 71 had been resolved or if these are still outstanding.
(20 Oct 2021, 9:22 am)peter wrote [ -> ]What I was meaning is, have DCC stepped in to fund the full 71 hence there are no changes or can we expect to see the Houghton-Chester section withdrawn in the future? These changes seem to incorporate a number of DCC contracts - the 730, 239, and new 42, I wondered if the 28 and 71 had been resolved or if these are still outstanding.

Yes, the agreement was that Go North East would continue to operate the 28, 71 and 730 on a commercial basis until Durham County Council could go through the tender process.

They tendered for the provision of the 71 and 730 (along with the 201, 209/210 and 239, as well as part of the Scarlet Band S1 as seen in the new 42 due to their inability to cover it), and Go North East were awarded all these contracts on a one-year basis, with the 730 being replaced by an extended version of the 6 (most efficient way to run it, removing the requirement for remote reliefs).

The 28 and 734 remains operated by Go North East commercially, having not gone out to tender.

The above services will all come out to tender again next year, along with all the other Durham County Council contracts which are due to expire in October 2022 (Park & Ride, Cathedral Bus, and many of Scarlet Band's services).
(20 Oct 2021, 9:26 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, the agreement was that Go North East would continue to operate the 28, 71 and 730 on a commercial basis until Durham County Council could go through the tender process.

They tendered for the provision of the 71 and 730 (along with the 201, 209/210 and 239, as well as part of the Scarlet Band S1 as seen in the new 42 due to their inability to cover it), and Go North East were awarded all these contracts on a one-year basis, with the 730 being replaced by an extended version of the 6 (most efficient way to run it, removing the requirement for remote reliefs).

The 28 and 734 remains operated by Go North East commercially, having not gone out to tender.

The above services will all come out to tender again next year, along with all the other Durham County Council contracts which are due to expire in October 2022 (Park & Ride, Cathedral Bus, and many of Scarlet Band's services).

Thanks for the info Dan! Nice to see those services being retained. Will certainly be interesting to see what happens next year when the DCC contracts are up for tender once again.
(20 Oct 2021, 6:56 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go North East posted the service changes which are taking place from 30 October on their website last night:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-im...30-october
Will GNE tickets be usable on the 42D, or will it be the same as the cathedral bus?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5