North East Buses

Full Version: Peterlee Purples | New Re-Brand For Peterlee's Bus Service.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know they are called the Peterlee Purples, but why not the Little Lilacs, or Little Violets to connect with the 55.
(18 Oct 2021, 7:17 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I know they are called the Peterlee Purples, but why not the Little Lilacs, or Little Violets to connect with the 55.

Same here, Little Purples or Durham District Purples, then could corporate service 204/204A and 59 in the brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18 Oct 2021, 7:22 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Same here, Little Purples or Durham District Purples, then could corporate service 204/204A and 59 in the brand

East Durham Purples or East Durham District. As Peterlee Purples name is a bit short sighted considering what routes they operate.
(18 Oct 2021, 7:26 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]East Durham Purples or East Durham District. As Peterlee Purples name is a bit short sighted considering what routes they operate.

How is Peterlee Purples short-sighted?

The X6, 62/62A, 201, 206, 209/210 and 239 all serve Peterlee.

The routes which don’t serve Peterlee - the 59 and 204/204A - aren’t branded as Peterlee Purples.

The Peterlee Purples are the local buses which offer connections in and around the Peterlee area, either locally within the town or to places further afield (Seaham, Sunderland, etc).

Go North East received criticism for having too many ‘little’ named brands, after Little Coasters and Little Pinks, now seemingly it seems Little Purples, Lilacs or Violets would be preferable?

(18 Oct 2021, 7:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]How is Peterlee Purples short-sighted?

The X6, 62/62A, 201, 206, 209/210 and 239 all serve Peterlee.

The routes which don’t serve Peterlee - the 59 and 204/204A - aren’t branded as Peterlee Purples.

The Peterlee Purples are the local buses which offer connections in and around the Peterlee area, either locally within the town or to places further afield (Seaham, Sunderland, etc).

Go North East received criticism for having too many ‘little’ named brands, after Little Coasters and Little Pinks, now seemingly it seems Little Purples, Lilacs or Violets would be preferable?

Well I would say 3 is probs enough. But I just think Peterlee Purples is a bit short sighted as it operates the 38A.
(18 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Well I would say 3 is probs enough. But I just think Peterlee Purples is a bit short sighted as it operates the 38A.
None of the alternative names you’ve come up with would solve that problem

The 38A doesn’t run in East Durham, or Durham, or have anything to do with the Lilac 55
(18 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Well I would say 3 is probs enough. But I just think Peterlee Purples is a bit short sighted as it operates the 38A.
For a 10min run every hour is no different than the connections4 citaro that used to run the short X20s between rainton and houghton
(18 Oct 2021, 8:45 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]None of the alternative names you’ve come up with would solve that problem

The 38A doesn’t run in East Durham, or Durham, or have anything to do with the Lilac 55
Little Liacs do. And the 55 is violet. Little Purples.
(18 Oct 2021, 8:45 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]None of the alternative names you’ve come up with would solve that problem

The 38A is operated by Peterlee Purple brand which has nothing to do with docks area and the 38A doesn’t go to Peterlee , if GNE wants to run the Peterlee Purple brand around the docks then there should extend the X6 or 62 to do the 38A route round the docks to Park Lane

I don't get why the 33 couldn't of been extended to the docks from the town, doing one full loop around the docks.
(18 Oct 2021, 9:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't get why the 33 couldn't of been extended to the docks from the town, doing one full loop around the docks.
I suppose with it being a every 20 miniute route it would not be every 30 mins each way.
(18 Oct 2021, 8:50 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]For a 10min run every hour is no different than the connections4 citaro that used to run the short X20s between rainton and houghton
Yes and pre Covid didn’t a Tyne Valley Ten bus do a Hexham local between trips, maybe the whole TVT brand should have been dropped as a result

There’s been loads of examples like this, it’s all a bit of an exaggeration for a 10 minute trip round the Docks
(18 Oct 2021, 9:17 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Yes and pre Covid didn’t a Tyne Valley Ten bus do a Hexham local between trips, maybe the whole TVT brand should have been dropped as a result

There’s been loads of examples like this, it’s all a bit of an exaggeration for a 10 minute trip round the Docks
Theres loads of interworkings like that. I dont get what all the fuss is about.
(18 Oct 2021, 9:17 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Yes and pre Covid didn’t a Tyne Valley Ten bus do a Hexham local between trips, maybe the whole TVT brand should have been dropped as a result

I think there is a bit of a difference for a peak service once or twice a day, but as every day service.

Problem is TyneValleyTen is based off Hexham/Newcastle. 

However Sunderland Service operating under the Peterlee Purples.
Here’s an idea. Get rid of local branding and stick with a generic livery across the NE. I m sure the average passenger only cares if the service is frequent and on time. Pretty liveries are probably the last thing they think about.
BREAKING NEWS the good people of hendon docks dont give 2 hoots what colour the bus is, blue, pink, purple, orange or red and blue, all they care about is the bus turning up and taking them to and from town, the only people bemused are a few on here kicking the can down the road because a peterlee purple should have a restraining order imposed so it cant go anywhere near the docks, calm down people, dont judge a bus on its colour, it gets the job done!
It’s currently operationally efficient to use the 62/X6 interworking pattern to operate those short 38A trips. I imagine other avenues to use an unbranded bus may be looked at for the next changes if possible. Is the current situation ideal? Far from it - is it better than no bus at all? Well of course it is.

I think one of the points being raised is that each hour for around 10 hours of the day, 6 days a week, a bus heavily branded as “Peterlee” is operate a short local circular service some 8 miles away. Which is different, in my opinion, to just a few peak time runs. But really the same branding argument could potentially be said for the X6/62 themselves - they spend a total of 4 minutes and 20 minutes in Peterlee out of journey times of 35 minutes and 78 minutes respectively, hardly just “Peterlee” based.
(18 Oct 2021, 10:51 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]It’s currently operationally efficient to use the 62/X6 interworking pattern to operate those short 38A trips. I imagine other avenues to use an unbranded bus may be looked at for the next changes if possible. Is the current situation ideal? Far from it - is it better than no bus at all? Well of course it is.

I think one of the points being raised is that each hour for around 10 hours of the day, 6 days a week, a bus heavily branded as “Peterlee” is operate a short local circular service some 8 miles away. Which is different, in my opinion, to just a few peak time runs. But really the same branding argument could potentially be said for the X6/62 themselves - they spend a total of 4 minutes and 20 minutes in Peterlee out of journey times of 35 minutes and 78 minutes respectively, hardly just “Peterlee” based.

Service X6/62 actually goes to Peterlee with the brand, here’s one for you as you say the X6/62 only serve Peterlee area for about 5 minutes what’s the minutes in total of service 20 prince bishop brand as it goes all the way to South Shields and the brand is for County Durham area

What are going to be the spares at Peterlee
Regarding the 55, X1 being on top of each other

Surely if the 55 was changed to run 5 minutes earlier and the X1 changed to run 15 minutes later, (I.e same times as now, just changing which journeys run to Peterlee/Dalton Park) there would be a better split of services

From Easington Lane it would be 09 (55), 24 (X1), 39 (55), 47 (62)
And from Peterlee it would be 17 (62), 29 (55), 45 (X1), 59 (55)

Also if the X6 was moved to run half an hour later than currently it would both give a better spacing of journeys between Seaham and Sunderland with the 62 than currently, and also mean the 38A doesn’t need to be interworked with it?
Pages: 1 2