North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East App
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ive used the bus a couple of times recently and had good and bad experiences with the app

Good - missed the bus as one pint to many but got home sooner as It suggest catching a bus to Birtley then a bus back to home which got me in the house before I would have got on the bus in town

Bad - when i click on the bus it tells you whether the bus is busy, quiet etc. Ive only every seen the buses ive clicked on as quiet  but the bus i got to town on Saturday was supposed to be quiet but in fact it was choca.... must have only been single figure seats available.  I'm just wondering if this is classed as Quiet or whether the appt when it comes to this is rubbish?
(31 Oct 2021, 3:11 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Ive used the bus a couple of times recently and had good and bad experiences with the app

Good - missed the bus as one pint to many but got home sooner as It suggest catching a bus to Birtley then a bus back to home which got me in the house before I would have got on the bus in town

Bad - when i click on the bus it tells you whether the bus is busy, quiet etc. Ive only every seen the buses ive clicked on as quiet  but the bus i got to town on Saturday was supposed to be quiet but in fact it was choca.... must have only been single figure seats available.  I'm just wondering if this is classed as Quiet or whether the appt when it comes to this is rubbish?

I don't know where the data comes from for the app, where it shows how busy/quiet a bus is, but it doesn't seem to reflect the data that is available on BODS.

I noticed this a few month ago with 21s, when buses had started getting busy again. App showing as quiet, yet the data on bustimes and via my own eyesight showed that there were very few seats available.

I was on an 84 yesterday that was full to standing, because the one before had been curtailed at the Galleries and the one prior to that hadn't ran at all. Checked the app whilst onboard, and it still stated it was quiet.  Huh
(31 Oct 2021, 5:43 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I don't know where the data comes from for the app, where it shows how busy/quiet a bus is, but it doesn't seem to reflect the data that is available on BODS.

I noticed this a few month ago with 21s, when buses had started getting busy again. App showing as quiet, yet the data on bustimes and via my own eyesight showed that there were very few seats available.

I was on an 84 yesterday that was full to standing, because the one before had been curtailed at the Galleries and the one prior to that hadn't ran at all. Checked the app whilst onboard, and it still stated it was quiet.  Huh
The capacities are set up in the Ticketer back office against the fleet number. So if its not set up correctly or capacities are changed then it won't filter to the app
(31 Oct 2021, 8:50 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]The capacities are set up in the Ticketer back office against the fleet number. So if its not set up correctly or capacities are changed then it won't filter to the app

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 'busyness' feature on the app/website set up before the capacity thing was added by Ticketer?

And it therefore still works off the expected number of seats available based on previous passenger numbers, with passengers having the option to report how busy the bus is?
(31 Oct 2021, 11:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 'busyness' feature on the app/website set up before the capacity thing was added by Ticketer?

And it therefore still works off the expected number of seats available based on previous passenger numbers, with passengers having the option to report how busy the bus is?
I mean it seems Bus Times is regularly close to correct, so I just use that, i don't trust the website or the app for bus busyness
(31 Oct 2021, 11:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 'busyness' feature on the app/website set up before the capacity thing was added by Ticketer?

Which seems mad if still the case, when you've got a perfectly good data feed setup for accurate reporting...
If the ticket machine reflects the number of seats what happens when a group of 20 lads all with arriva bough day rovers jump on the 97 to have a pint at the highwayman at whickham as all those 20 tickets wont register on the machine will they ( btw i know this is an extreme example!!)
Just to highlight the issue. 6375 earlier this afternoon showing as only having 4 seats free on a decker, yet a quick check of the app shows it as quiet.

If that is deemed as quiet, I'd love to know what the thresholds for the different states are..

[Image: 6375.png]
(01 Nov 2021, 6:19 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Just to highlight the issue. 6375 earlier this afternoon showing as only having 4 seats free on a decker, yet a quick check of the app shows it as quiet.

If that is deemed as quiet, I'd love to know what the thresholds for the different states are..

[Image: 6375.png]

Thats exactly what i was hoping someone could tell me?  Maybe having  only several seats left ona 38 seat versa is "quiet"?
This one is actually full to the point the driver isn't letting anyone else on, but on the upside its the first time I've seen a status other than quiet.[Image: 4b1ba26e3fc0170d4b3c918cc4741692.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hope nobody today needs to check where there bus is. As the app & bus times ain't showing any GNE buses
(07 Nov 2021, 12:14 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Hope nobody today needs to check where there bus is. As the app & bus times ain't showing any GNE buses

I'd imagine it's something to do with Ticketer, as nothing Arriva is tracking at the moment either yet Stagecoach is fine.
(07 Nov 2021, 12:34 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I'd imagine it's something to do with Ticketer, as nothing Arriva is tracking at the moment either yet Stagecoach is fine.

That seems to be along the right lines - as no operator who uses Ticketer machines are presently showing on Bus Times (although they were earlier judging by vehicle tracking history on Bus Times)
Gateshead Central Taxis is the same
Looks to be sorted now anyway.[Image: 83d77226befbc3c2c45b6daadf457fdf.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
is there anyway with this appt you can see where all buses are on the map? or can you only see the bus you chose?
(08 Nov 2021, 6:16 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]is there anyway with this appt you can see where all buses are on the map? or can you only see the bus you chose?

I think you can select from multiple services, guessing in theory so it doesn't overcrowd the map. I don't like it as much anymore and just use bustimes.
(08 Nov 2021, 6:21 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I think you can select from multiple services, guessing in theory so it doesn't overcrowd the map. I don't like it as much anymore and just use bustimes.

The new app is awful imo, especially compared to the previous version.

The worst part in my eyes is not being able to tap on a bus and see the timetable for it. 
How am I supposed to see the timetable of the bus I'm on? That should be a basic feature!
(08 Nov 2021, 6:21 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I think you can select from multiple services, guessing in theory so it doesn't overcrowd the map. I don't like it as much anymore and just use bustimes.
Dont select a lot of them. I crashed the app for a while when selecting a lot when it first came out ?
I can't upload pictures unfortunately, so hopefully the gist of what I am on about comes across and makes sense.
Planning a trip that involves needing to be at Heworth Metro for a certain time on a certain day.
Went to the app, entered it as my destination and was given the following options to help narrow down the actual destination. 

Heworth Station Felling
Heworth Interchange Pelaw
Heworth North (long stay) Pelaw
Heworth Cemetery Pelaw
Heworth Grange School Pelaw
And...
Did you find the right result?

I'm not sure if knowing the area is a hindrance or not. I dread to think what would happen if I wasn't local and was visiting the area, using GNE and its app for the first time.

I genuinely don't think any of the places listef match up to reality and actual places in real life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7